Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:43: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Error messages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Error messages  (Read 7440 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 07 29, 2006, 02:03: AM »

Many posters have reported the following error message or something similar when trying to post:

“2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to klingon.org:25
File: /home/kidc/public_html/smboard/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 556”

This does not mean that there is something wrong with your post, and there is no need to post again (which will result in a double post). This error message means that the system is unable to notify those who have subscribed to the thread that a new post has been made to it. All I can say is that we are aware of the problem and working to solve it.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #1 on: 07 29, 2006, 06:09: AM »

I see that the dreaded sock mnster continues to strike...

there has been some mention of this problem on the forum earlier

http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php/topic,837.0.html

Actually, correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure there is a facility to delete one's own post, so maybe those people who double post could do that.

(Quick edit to my own post - at the top right corner of the post you have just made are three buttons, MODIFY, QUOTE and DELETE - other peoples posts only have the QUOTE button.  so we can delete double posts, thus helping the moderators to keep the forum tidy.)

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
elninjo
Senior Courier

« Reply #2 on: 08 14, 2006, 02:13: AM »

I had this message a few weeks ago. I did look for the delete button but it didnt appear to be there but when I look now it is. Could this be a ranking issue or did I simply miss it?

I notice that I have access to some things that I didnt have access to when I first registered

Cheers
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 08 14, 2006, 03:23: AM »

I had this message a few weeks ago. I did look for the delete button but it didnt appear to be there but when I look now it is. Could this be a ranking issue or did I simply miss it?

It is a matter of post totals -- current permissions limit deletion of the writer's own posts to Lettered Veterans (200 posts) and above.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
elninjo
Senior Courier

« Reply #4 on: 08 15, 2006, 05:16: AM »

I thought it was a post count issue (rank) sorry I used the wrong word. Im posting again because Kesvirit you said "current permissions limit deletion of the writer's own posts to Lettered Veterans 200 posts and above". Well as I said in my previous post..........post # 27 I think. I do have the delete button. I suspect I shouldnt if I'm understanding you correctly.

Just thought you should know

Cheers

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 08 15, 2006, 07:01: AM »

Thanks for letting me know. All I have to go by are the posting permissions. Seeing as how those are inaccurate, I will have to turn the matter over to tech support and hope for the best.

-=- Kesvirit

Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #6 on: 08 15, 2006, 05:28: PM »

I figured out why the permissions aren't what we thought they were.  It has to do with the way the board permissions were converted from the previous forums.  Now we only have to reconcile the permissions with the group permissions on this board...  I didn't realise how many boards we had until having to click through them all to make sure everyone had access.  There was a bug would have caused all the forums to disappear for a Newcommer who was part of a group, fortunately this only affected one person, and if that person came back from their thousand day break, I'm sure they would have caught it and let us know immediately.  Though this would have affected others eventually, actually sooner than later.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: