Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:27: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  Klingon Poetry and Short Stories
| | |-+  Klingon Short Stories
| | | |-+  Forum Neverending Story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Neverending Story  (Read 10466 times)
weslipuqlod
Weaponsmith
Senior Courier

« on: 10 13, 2003, 06:22: AM »

posted on 1-19-2003 at 07:56

The Neverending Story - Klingon Style

The cultivation of storied memory is one of the most characteristic features of Klingon culture providing tales of glory living on through song and story.
Here is your chance to be a part of a great Klingon epic. This thread is a neverending story living on through your participation.

The rules are simple:
1) This is a Klingon story.
Do not debate issues directly within this thread, take them to the Never Ending Story Comments thread
2) You may post no more than 100 words of the story at any time.
Your post should carry forth the story as established within the preceding posts.
3) You cannot post again until at least three others have posted additions to the story.

[Edit- Added link to comments thread - Klythe]
« Last Edit: 01 22, 2005, 07:21: AM by Klythe » Logged
weslipuqlod
Weaponsmith
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 10 13, 2003, 06:23: AM »

posted on 19-1-2003 at 08:00

Kahless stepped forth from the tent breathing the fresh, damp air. Sunrise was still an hour off, but they would need to break camp soon if they were to remain true to the plan.
TVala
Courier

« Reply #2 on: 10 13, 2003, 06:26: AM »

posted on 21-1-2003 at 12:04

(hmmmm...interesting....)

The camp was asleep still, a good thing because it gave Khaless time to think. He knelt, absently drawing several lines in the dirt, mapping the camp and the land around it.

Someday I must read this scholar Everyone...He seems to have written so much -- all of it wrong.

- Veralidaine Sarrasri, The Immortals, Tamora Pierce, 1997
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 10 13, 2003, 06:29: AM »

posted on 22-1-2003 at 13:34

His thoughts were interrupted when a perimeter guard and her watchtarg approached at a dead run and skidded to a stop. The resulting spray of earth obliterated his map and showered him with dirt. Spitting dust he rose to deliver a tonguelashing that would smart for days. Afraid of his temper, the sentry tried to stand at attention while grabbing the nervous targh's harness and failed at both.

Kahless shoved down his anger upon recognizing her. That one so level-headed had disregarded protocol by leaving her post and charging through the innner camp did not bode well.

"Well?" he demanded.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kapact
Courier

« Reply #4 on: 10 13, 2003, 06:31: AM »

posted on 4-22-2003 at 11:27 PM

"My Lord, the Khest rises from the ground!"

Kahless grunted angrily. Their battlecruiser had nearly been torn apart in the battle with the unknown alien ship over Praxis. The only surviving crew had escaped in the forward pod. Now they battled the same enemy on the ground. "Is it the HurQ?"

"Impossible to say. Our crew has been trying to raise the pod while fighting off invaders..."

KBF-Kapact
             "...the reason they are afraid of the dark..."
                   Founder, Klingon Order of Scribes
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 10 13, 2003, 06:36: AM »

(written by weslipuqlod)

The clone emperor quickly assessed the situation in his mind. No time for maps and diagrams now. These unknowns had not only located their makeshift camp but used the pre-dawn advantage to attack. Nagging at the back of his mind was why the alarm had not been raised immediately, yet such inquiries would have to wait; there was a battle to continue.

Their numbers were small and Kahless knew he had to act quickly if fortune was to turn in their favor. With a final evaluation of the surrounding terrain, Kahless demanded,

"Commander K'Sel - where is her current position?"
« Last Edit: 02 10, 2004, 03:28: PM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #6 on: 12 05, 2004, 06:41: PM »

"5 kilometers and coming in fast."Commander K'Sel said thoughtfully
"Orders sir?"
"Tell i 1/3 of the men to prepare to engage the enemy"
"And the rest sir?"
"Report to me "

(i am not very good at this)

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 12 06, 2004, 01:26: PM »

With the call to arms sounded, there was a near chaotic state in the camp. Kradar thought this must have been what it was like for his grandfather's grandfather, before starships and battlecruisers cluttered the skies. When the Naked Stars were still objects of mystery, not someplace one could travel too and return in less than a lifetime. Kradar longed to be a warrior in those days, he saw no beauty in modern warefare.

« Last Edit: 12 07, 2004, 03:59: PM by qoSagh » Logged

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #8 on: 01 22, 2005, 07:56: AM »

The targh handler finally caught her breath while her charge growled  towards the fringes of the camp.   She knew he could smell the enemies even from the center of the camp.   "They must be clever opponents, to have disabled the perimeter alarms you had us rig up with our commbadges, and so quickly too... This will be a memorable battle, even if we are not here to remember it..."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #9 on: 02 09, 2005, 07:51: AM »

The sentry trailed off under Kahless' glare. The targh bristled and wuffled at the perceived threat to his mistress. Kahless drew a deep breath to fuel a reprimand. No matter how promising, a fresh recruit did not tell him how an engagement would end.

"Then it will not be the Hurq, for they are not clever! Merely strong! This new threat --" He stopped mid-shout as the message from his lungs reached his brain. The camp quieted, and the sentry, her targh, and K'Sel looked past Kahless and into the wind.

tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #10 on: 02 09, 2005, 08:46: AM »

{nIn 'ar wIghaj  }
(Translation)("How much fuel do we  have left?")
"Not enough to be of any use"
Kahless thought to him self for a moment...
"Gather the rest of the men.Four thousand throats  may be cut in one night  by a running man. "He said aloud.
But to himself he said
'To day is a good day to die...'

(Next Wink )
« Last Edit: 02 23, 2005, 05:02: PM by tmk1000 » Logged

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #11 on: 04 05, 2006, 02:36: PM »

Kahless surveyed the troops, brave men and women assembled before him, ready to fight with honour and lay down their lives for the protection of the Empire.

"It is a good day to die" he repeated, more loudly this time, pitching his voice so that everyone could hear him.  "But it is a better day to make our enemies do the dying."

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: