Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:45: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  tilk's fan film
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tilk's fan film  (Read 34863 times)
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« on: 05 15, 2005, 01:14: PM »

(Split off from the thread Where is every one?)

fear not. I will expand my messages even further to encourage all to help develop the greatest klingon fan film ever produced.
GLORY to the klingon empire.
You Have Likely Elaborated on this Elsewhere, but What Sort of Format is this Film Going to Be presented in? Is it a Documentary? Or A Drama? Or Maybe Something Even More Clever?
« Last Edit: 05 16, 2005, 03:54: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #1 on: 05 16, 2005, 08:48: AM »

It will (I hope) be similar to TNG type format. It will be a drama, with small "Klingon comic relief from KURG".
It is very improtant to me that it is dialogue driven, so you can get to know the characters and their world. I have continued to try to rework the first script to achieve greater character development.
I want to involve (see more) klingon architecture, see a landing stie for BOP, with several BOPS lines up on it. All ships and structures will be detailed minatures. and real full scale sets. 3 cockpits, 2 passage ways, 1 cell, a temple room (at present).
I am trying to learn some CGI for space, engine glow, explosions. Planeets would be nice to, but baby steps.
Currently its model development, costume development, moulding and casting, prop design.
Filming is still along way off. I dont have alot of money. I budget $500 pm. So I have a plan of development.
Thanks for asking  
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 05 22, 2005, 01:57: PM »

No Problem... Next Question is Where are You Filming? Because There are a Lot of People Who Have Bits and Pieces of Prop here and there for Bringing to Conventions and the Like...

Also Are You Doing all of the Art Direction Yourself, are you Trying to Replicate Elements from the Shows Directly, or are You Open to "Klingon Like Ideas"?

tilk

« Reply #3 on: 05 23, 2005, 01:07: PM »

well I am in australia. I am everything at the moment. I have a couple of people starting to help with costumes. I am doing a castind course at the end of the month. I am very open to any assistance or ideas that anyone may want to offer. It is a community (trek/ klingon) peice of creative art I am trying to do, so anythign on architecure, cockpits, customs... great.
I am currently developing characters, tweeking the script. creativly, I have been spraying and weathering my BOP's and filming them to see if they look real, most that see the trial footage believe they look real enough. I have fibre optics coming and positionable wing kits. I will maodfy one of them so I can move the wings by servo. as well as pitch the ship.
I will start concept drawings soon on a BOP port/ detention center. The detail I am going to on the BOP models includes machining out the lights around the torpedo launcher and lighting it. I am trying to get the BOP's as close as I can to the trek 3 BOP.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #4 on: 05 29, 2005, 02:35: PM »

You Know the More I hear about this the Kewler it Sounds... Austrailia?... <Doing His Best Bill the Cat>....AAAACCCCHHHHH!!! Kind of Far away, but this Sounds like a Great Project...

I am Very Interested in the Development of This Thing... Keep us Updated And Let Me Know if You Want Some One to Bounce Script Ideas Or Anything Off of...

tilk

« Reply #5 on: 05 30, 2005, 02:04: AM »

thanks. I will. I will really need to have someone studied in the ways of the empire, to add realistic touches to the script and dialogue. So when I have the script to a certain stage, I will email it to who ever may like to read it and add constructive advice, so as to make it peice as real to klingon folk law and add atmosphere!
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 05 30, 2005, 08:22: PM »

Excellent... Let me Know when you are Ready for Input... The Library is still in its Flegling Stages, but we are here to serve the Empire in what manor we may...!  

tilk

« Reply #7 on: 07 01, 2005, 09:48: AM »

I thougth I would put the progress of my project in one location.
I have almost finished the functioning prototype of my model pivot platform, so I can shoot various models turning and banking.

pivoting wings for BOP is coming along, have a basic concept that I will develop into a prototype when I have finished the servo driven model pivot.

Have various architecural sketches for klingon buildings and the like. One Idea I really like is the BOP landing pods. these are lit, platforms that BOPs land on.

As soon as I have the wing pivots sorted, I will light and spray the yellow and black BOP's as well as your standard green bop's. They will be static models for the landing port.

have several optic lighting kits coming within the month so I can get the raider finished, as well as the three vorcha cruisers. then I can start doing some blue screen testing of the ships, as well as complie fleet shots.

I have secured a 600 sqm factory to shoot larger shots, build sets, and a 6 x 6 m room for minature filming and construction.

If we get some fine weather here, I hope to start my first castings of the clay foreheads I made.

thats about  it for now.

OH yes, as well, I have some bad images of various klingon operator panels, that I am sharpening up and redoing. As part of this, I will animate some of them so things will change (text etc..) and things move across them.

When I get some real things completely finished, I will post pictures so you doing think I full of it.

[Edit -- merged two posts four minutes apart]
« Last Edit: 07 01, 2005, 07:44: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #8 on: 07 01, 2005, 12:41: PM »

When I get some real things completely finished, I will post pictures so you doing think I full of it.
It was a good idea to concentrate your progress reports (and maybe any remarks/questions) in one place.
I for one hope you are full of it. The less time spent with glob flies, the better the project }}:-)

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #9 on: 07 01, 2005, 08:31: PM »

It was a good idea to concentrate your progress reports (and maybe any remarks/questions) in one place.
Indeed. There was already one thread on tilk's progress in the Inspirational Media Room, so I have combined the two.

Zan tilk, I hope that you are using your hard-won equipment to document the film-making process. A "the making of" documentary would be of trememdous service to those of similar intent whose efforts follow yours. And if you get the required video and still shots of the process as you go along, and take care to preserve your production notes, you will have everything done but the iunterviews and the editing.

Inform me when you are ready to post stills!

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 01, 2005, 08:32: PM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tilk

« Reply #10 on: 09 04, 2005, 06:15: AM »

Well it is good to have the forum back up. Progress to date. I have gone away from casting the pivoting wing components and have opted to draw all the components on CAD and have them laser cut.(better prescion). My servo platform works well and I have a little bit of blue screen that I can use to play with. I have sepnt the weekend machine BOP portals. The marquis raider is machined out and the lighting lit is half installed. I hope to have the laser cut componets this week. I have just scored a 30th aniversary klingon disruptor that should arrive in a few weeks. I will be casting this and duplicating it. Me and my partner have made our first vest just starting to put the grey stripes on. Have all the materials now picked to make the basic uniform.
Hows this, I have just bought the PC game klingon honor guard. I watched the intro and it had some similarities to my story. I was monetarliy shattered. even the same badge as the one I was going to use. Anyhoo, I decided to adjust my story to INClUDE the honor guard. I will now have the villian(ORNACK) who is a monk that trades off artifacts of the empire. He will still be a monnk, but he will also be an Honor guard leutenant. I am placing the honor guard as seen as the "political elite" of warriors, but there has always been ... distant curiosity between the watch and the guards. They can have both branched from the days of Kahless. Two factions if you like. ANYHOO, the villian will be wearing a Monk robe inthe fianl scenes, and he drops it to reveal this great red uniform. We have the materials already for it, and hope to stitch up a copy in a few months.
So, at present, it is on with the models and uniforms. in the background to this, theres, CGI and music research. I have also started the wrist protectors and boots. I hope within a month, we have the first two uniforms made(with all props and badges, prosphetics...) and me and a mate will go to our local trek meeting in full costume. cool.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #11 on: 09 04, 2005, 05:39: PM »

Oh come on, why does the bad guy have to be a Monk? Why not a butcher, baker or Candlestick Maker? lol.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #12 on: 09 04, 2005, 10:06: PM »

Because, to paraphrase Denis Diderot:  We will never be free of tyrants until the last emperor is strangled with the entrails of the last monk. }}: P

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tilk

« Reply #13 on: 09 06, 2005, 11:18: AM »

I am using one of the beliefs of klingon folk law that each klinogn has a selected or predetermined role (something like the russian education system). ORNACK, as was OKTAH started off as Monks but came from warrior families(WATCH and H.G.) As is the right of each klingon, they chose to take the right of assention which made them warriors. This gave them each the right to serve and be trained as warriors under the right of assention. they then spent time with their families being trained as warriors under their families respective discipline. So Taking OKTAH, he would spend a certain amount of time within the watch training to take his fathers place and a certain amount of time training as a monk. See, as klingon warriors, a much greater amount is expected of you than that of a human. So, Klingons may be expert in several disciplines as well as combat.
So ORNACK is younger than OKTAH, and had studied history within the monestry of BORETH, he came across some writings that mentioned the halls of the dead, before the time of Kahless. He continued to research, found the great hall, which was laidened with artifacts, that he sold off outside the empire. this is considered treason.
Hope this clears it up a little.
I have also started a making of film, to log all the many things I am doing. when I have some cool/ completed stuff, I'll post it on the web. It is getting into spring here, so I can finally start to paint things.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #14 on: 09 11, 2005, 04:45: PM »

I Dunno' I Kinda' Like the Image of the Raging Mad Klingon Monk Terrorizing the Non-believers...<Snicker>...

OK... Well it Deffinately Sounds like things are Progressing Nicely... Also I Would like to Mirror Kesvirits Excellent Idea about Documenting this Process, I Hope that you Have already done so, but If Not I Would that you Start, For Hardcore Fans that Could be as Interesting as Your Final Offerings... I For One would Enjoy Seeing it...

tilk

« Reply #15 on: 09 12, 2005, 12:51: PM »

yes I have started. I did a 10 minute clip in my workshop shop my marquis raider, the vorcha's, some of the BOP model mods. It is a mamoth undertaking. I just bought a twin blade "fantasy knife" that I will take the blades out and cast in silicon for a fight scene. There is an exhibition at my local trek club in 2 months. I am trying to get the vorcha's, raider and hopefully the yellow and black BOP's completed so I can display.
I made my furst guantlet "wrist protector". and I have made a first vest. I want to get enough stuff together so I can shoot some scenes and make a trailer. Anyhoo
Keep on truckin.
tilk

« Reply #16 on: 09 25, 2005, 02:04: PM »

one thing of note: I have two different types of klingon knives(real) that I am casting with rubber to use in fight scenes. I have been reworking the final fight scene a bit. I have decided (at this stage) notto star in the film. I have found a friend who is a body builder 6".2. He will play OKTAH.

Imagine this. closeyour eyes. Two klingons stand in the ancient hall of the dead. galring at each other. Oktah says" You WILL come with me back to the council for judgement Ornack. Ornack says, "I DONOT think so. I think I will kill you: or crew, and keep your ship for myself.
OKTAH. then it IS a good day to die.
ORnack rushes Oktah.Oktah stands ready.He is angry and resolute.  Batleth still sheathed. as Ornack is ontop of OKTAH, he steps to the side, unsheaths his batleth inperfect timing to recieve The impact of Ornack's Matleth. I fast in intense sword fight insues. OKTAH see an opening in ORNACK's defences, He strikes ornack with his fist hard onto his face. At the same time OKTAH resheaths his batleth(confidently), and continues to beat ORNACK with his fists. ORNACK is slightly stunned as he monetarily has no defence to the blinding punches. suddenly ORNACK loses footing and falls back. OKTAH ominously begins to step towards the place where ORNACK will land. as he falls, his matleth falls  from his hand. At the same instant, his free hand reaches for his twin blade knife(no klingon name as yet) removes it from its holster. At that instant the blades spring out and he throws it at OKTAH, HItting him deep into the shoulder. OKtah grabs the knife, steps back and draws it out, throwing it to the side, and growing angrier. This small delay, is all ORNACK needs to retreive his mathleth and strike at OKTAH while he recovers. As the matleth strikes from above ORNAKC's head, OKTAH is just able to draw his batleth to block, but he is forced to his knees from the impact. ORNACK experiences a breif monent of control, but without thinking, OKTAH pulls his DAKTAH, and drives it into ORNACK's upper thy. Ornack Growls. He pulls the knife out and strikes OKTAH in the face with his knee. they both step back and pause. staring at each other. Ornack is pissed. Oktah stares, thinking. OKTAH(uncharacteristically) turns the corner of his mounth up and steps towards ORNACK. ORNACK prepares for attack(he is angry, but alittle hesitant now). OKTAH steps in and strikes and a fast and varied attack. As oktah is defesively blocked by ORNACK, he strikes his sharply in the face with his batleth, then spins, driving the end of his batleth into ONACK's side. Ornack falls. OKTAH stands to the side, his batleth drawn, to the side also. he steps in close, standing directly above ornack. staring at him. ORNACK says "finsih it!". OKTAH stares at him almost offended. OKTAH resheaths his batleth, "there will be no honorable death for you today ORNACK". He kicks ORNACK over onto his back and places him in restraints.

cool or what?
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #17 on: 09 25, 2005, 08:37: PM »

Is this Most of What you Have of the Script Worked out to date? Or was this Primarily For our Thoughts on the "Imagining" the Body Builder Friend in the Fight Scene? Who is Playing the Other Klingon? And What SOrt of Stage Direction, And Sets Do we have to go along with this?
Right Now it is Just Action, Which is Kewl, And I Love that we Will Get to See some Choreography... Do these Players Have any Kinda Of Choreography or Martial Arts Experience? DOes the Choreographer?

tilk

« Reply #18 on: 09 26, 2005, 02:09: PM »

thanks for your reply. No. this is one scene. the script is quite large 40 + pages to date. Most of it is hand wrwitten, and I am currently typing it to the correct format. primarily, there will be about six sets. mostly redesigning of other sets to save cost. Vorcha bridge, BOP bridge, Marquis raider bridge, klingon tavern, klingon holding cell, two passage ways/corridors, a temple room. minature sets BOP landing docks, A Klingon holding base(for prisoners), three scaled versions of a large cave/cavern, the temple entrance and possibly a internal temple minature. there will be three detailed and lit vorchas, a black BOP, a yellow BOP, four green BOP 1:650 scale, about a dozen different scaled BOP and a marquis raider(all models in various stages of completion). I have 7 klingon head peices for background a real DAKTAH knife, a twin blade fantasy knife, a 600sqm wharehouse to film in, designind BOP landing gear(drafted, ready for scratch building) I have sent an AUTOCAD design away for several parts to be laser cut so as to make the BOP wings move up and down. A servo driven deck to film the various crafts, pitch and bank. two klingon disruptors, another DAKTAH, spine armors, badges, 1000's od pictures/ drawings. I am half way through finishing a vest and chest protector(built from scratch), a special thin vinal that is sprayed the correct colour of grey. I have completed my first sculpted clay forehead so as to cast and make unique foreheads. I hope to make about 3 -4 for main characters. brothers will have the same. I am feeling a bit gulity actually about the script, I need to polish it up, so I can story board some scenes. there is a felgercarb load of work that I am pushing through.
When I was younger, I studied various martial arts, including ninjitzu, where I spent a few years with sword technic. I will train and choreograph the scenes. I have ... i dunno, twenty scenes in my head, I see them very clearly. The one good thing, is over the past 11 months that I have been workng on this, I have been able to continue to develop the characters as I see them. Develop the story line. It(in my opinion) is not as yet ready for public support(which I readily welcome). I hope(and I am an amateur) it will be a story first, that is express in a way, so that you can feel from the characters through drama, action and light "klingon" humor.

I will setup a website (just a basic one. dont have time to make it snazzy) where I can put some pictures of some of the models and stuff, so as people who are interested, can see the progress. soon.

I hope you all can appreciate from the small list I have ... posted that I am pushing through alot. when I get the models finish I will start blue screen shooting/ testing. I have to build booms(gunna use a forklift)dollies just for the shooting. Its a long project. I have spent a several grand on it YTD, so I will either die or complete it.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #19 on: 09 27, 2005, 01:00: AM »

It Sounds Like You Have a lot of the Technical side of things Moving along nicely... And it also sounds like you have some Resources to back up the Project... I Think that it is Awesome that you have a Warehouse to use as a Sound Stage, this will allow you a lot of Control over Lighting which can make or Break Fan Films sometimes...

I Really Look Forward to your Getting the Web-site up and Running, as I would love to see pictures of this Process taking Shape... As Far as Scripting Goes (And you may have answered this Elsewhere in another Topic that I Have Not Read), What Kind of Experience do you Have behind you?

Anyway, Keep it Up! It seems like I have Seen a lot more Star Wars Fan Films Out there then Trek, and THose Trek that I have Seen are Generally (Possibly all actually), Based on One Version or Another of Star Fleet... So it is Great to Know that so much Effort is Going into a Klingon Based Effort...

maj!

tilk

« Reply #20 on: 10 18, 2005, 08:33: AM »

well latest. I have bought a 28" BOP model from england. costs around US$350. I will start constructing it when it arrives. have bought two pheniox daggers (one used to kill kirks son). I will make silicon casts of it for some scenes(safety first). I have written in another character. an old klingon who is the only attendant of monitoring station 316. it is a space monitoring station within an asteriod within restricted klingon space. he doesnt get many unregistered sightings so things are a bit slow there. he drinks alot of blood wine. he is all alone. very sad. thats it. I am taking one of my plastersine models of a forehead, my marquis raider and some mouldings to our local trek craft display. I am waiting on the movable wing kit components to come back from my supplier. when they get here I can finish off a couple of my bop's. OH!! I also aquired the mega, altra, extremely rare BOP model that actually come with landing gear. cant wait for that.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #21 on: 10 20, 2005, 08:43: PM »

tilk, it Certainly Sounds Like You Have Some Kewl Toys man... Smiley

Any News on the Website?

tilk

« Reply #22 on: 10 30, 2005, 01:36: PM »

hope this link works. I posted a few photos at my local klingon message group.
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/klingonsofvictoria/lst?.dir=/MEMBER%27S+PHOTOS&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #23 on: 10 30, 2005, 10:07: PM »

As of this posting, it doesn't. I keep getting the error message:

Error
GROUP_CHECK
gpg6.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK".

I hope that you can locate and correct the error, for I am eager to see your pictures!

Kemat
Newcomer

« Reply #24 on: 11 05, 2005, 06:15: PM »

Oktah/Tilk, please contact me with an alternate email address. I have tried many times over a long period of time to send you email but it keeps coming back.

How does your worthy project proceed? I need details from you to post and give to some people I know who maybe be able to answer filming/animation questions.

If you need my email address, you may find it here:
House of Kemat http://usseagle2185.tripod.com/tuqqimat.htm
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: