Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Game Room
| | |-+  Klingon and Star Trek computer games
| | | |-+  Star Trek Bridge Commander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Bridge Commander  (Read 8677 times)
Nenbek
Scribe

« on: 03 09, 2006, 01:20: PM »

Greetings, I am new here, I would like to introduce myself as Emperor Kor, since Kor is being used, I am Nenbek, I am in command of a Bridge Commander Clan known as the Klingon Defense Force. I noticed that you didn't have Bridge Commander on your list of games, and wanted to put it out there as it is a great game. I also would like to learn more about Klingon Rituals, Ceremonies and such, but thats for a different section. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you played Bridge Commander.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #1 on: 03 09, 2006, 11:07: PM »

zan Kor,

I Have Not Played Bridge Commander, Can You Give us an Overview of How it is Played? What Races are Available etc?

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Nenbek
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 03 10, 2006, 05:11: PM »

It is a ship to ship combat simulator with many different versions, in the base version there is the Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Ferengi, Cardasian, and a race called the Kessok, in other versions there is species 8472, Dominion, and many more, there are many different ships per race, the Federation has the most impressive variety, however, the Klingon ships, especially the Negh Var, and Fek lher class are very impressive. The game play is very simple to maneuver, in single player you can have the Bridge view(more bridges are available at http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/ , along with some good screenshots, and more. The multi is a little more complex, but is easy once you get going, there is a chat window, you can choose to chat with your team, or everyone. Its a bit like Starfleet Academy, but more advanced, I am told it is alot like STCIII, but i have not played that.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 03 11, 2006, 07:40: PM »

In the Multi-player is there much in the Way of "Resource" management Involved in the Game? Is there any way to Have Multiple Players Playing Different Positions on the Same Vessel?

Nenbek
Scribe

« Reply #4 on: 03 11, 2006, 08:44: PM »

No sir, one man per ship i guess, there are resorces as far as you can control a number of systems and subsystems, ie engineering, tactical, ect. I strongly recomend it. I know of people who give out copies, and know that they are pretty cost effective on ebay and other stores online.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 03 12, 2006, 05:21: AM »

Kewl And Thanks... I Have been "Fantasizing" about Find a Good Ship to Ship Multiplayer that Could be "Modified" to Support Multiple Positions...

In the "Fantasy", The Keyboard for each "Ship" would Get Hacked apart, so that the "Controls" for Fireing Weapons would Go to a Tactical Station, Shields to Science, Manuevers to the Helm Etc...

Then Actually "Build" Mini Stations with the Controls on them... The Captain Would Not Have any Controls, So they would Have to Communicate their Intent to their Officers...

Then Have Two "Teams" Duke it Out... So Far I Have Not Quite Figured out how to Do this... Though I am Guessing that Tearing Down A Good Flight Stick Controller would Probably Work Better than Tearing Apart the Keyboard...

nx1701g
Novice

« Reply #6 on: 07 07, 2006, 07:13: AM »

Bridge Commander is definately one of the best Trek games out there, and the recent mods keep it current and one of the best. It'll keep going for a long time coming (plus there are a great many Klingon Mods available!)
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #7 on: 07 07, 2006, 11:07: PM »

Actually, it could be done with out tearing apart any hardware.  Possibly be easier too.  It ought to be possible to set up a resident program that listens to a wireless or wired network adapter, or other IO ports(especially for dumbterms) and translates the network packets into simulated keystrokes sent to the game.

This will require each station to have it's own computer (or at least a dumbterm or thin client) connected to the central computer. Heck, wifi PDAs or tablet PCs could be used if you had a big budget.  Of course you'd also need a program running on the stations to send the keystrokes over the wire or wireless to the central computer...
Nenbek
Scribe

« Reply #8 on: 07 12, 2006, 12:04: PM »

Just wait till Star Trek Online, "STO", comes out, there will be multi stations in each "ship" There will be Kllingons, but only Federation ships for more than likely the first year, so you will have to go to the academy to learn how to use the controls, half tutorial, half role play academy I guess, and by the time you are done with that they might have added the Klingon ship mod allready, cause they know that the Klingon ships are going to be popular, so I think that is comming first. "STO" should come out in 2007 I want to say, though I am unsure as to when.
D'Ghor epetai-Darj
Courier

Line Lord of House Darj

« Reply #9 on: 01 07, 2010, 09:09: PM »

2007? Yeah I remember that. When I went to the 2006 ST Creations CON in Las Vegas they were talking about STO. Then at the 2008 ST Creations Las Vegas CON they actually had t-shirts they gave out (got two of them since my wife went too). Looking forward to this game.

Sogh D'Ghor vestai-Darj
CO IKV SuvwI'po' (Skilled Warriors)
KAG Stormrider Fleet Quartermaster
Ship's Website
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: