Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Props, Accessories & Footwear
| | | |-+  Mek'leth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mek'leth  (Read 10583 times)
Plna Loong
Newcomer

« on: 01 18, 2006, 03:22: AM »

I tried searching the site but couldn't get the search to work. Does anyone have or know where I could find the plans for a Mek'leth? I was going to go to the Klingon Imperial Weapons Guild, but their site hasn't been updated in about two years.
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 01 19, 2006, 04:57: AM »

Mek'leths are hard to find at the best of times, and trying to find the plans to make one would be next to impossable.
Plna Loong
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 01 28, 2006, 12:47: AM »

I have found a site that sells one, but they are $250 or so for an unsharpened one, and closer to $350 for a sharpened one. I was hoping someone here might have the plans for one so I could compare the price to buy from that guy to the price of having an on-line fabrication company build it. But... I could imagine there being a limited number of people who have plans for one, who are willing to share them (if they sold mek'leths for instance). I am still hoping that someone out there has them and will see this post.
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #3 on: 02 01, 2006, 05:43: AM »

I have found a site that sells one, but they are $250 or so for an unsharpened one, and closer to $350 for a sharpened one. I was hoping someone here might have the plans for one so I could compare the price to buy from that guy to the price of having an on-line fabrication company build it. But... I could imagine there being a limited number of people who have plans for one, who are willing to share them (if they sold mek'leths for instance). I am still hoping that someone out there has them and will see this post.

well i wish you luck Mate, but it looks like you have to start saving Shocked
Kaz Son of Maktan
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #4 on: 09 26, 2007, 02:02: AM »

I know it's been a long time, and you probably acquired a mek'leth by now, but just in case you haven't, there are a couple of stainless steel ones selling on ebay. To be sure, they look a little too long. Actually, from just eyeballing scale, I would say 9 inches too long. These ones on ebay measure 33" overall and 27" in blade length.  I would personally say (even though I own two stainless steel bat'leths) that you would be best served making one from thick plastic, formica, or a thin sheet of hardwood- partially because it's small enough, but also because carrying one around, whether sharpened or not (I ground down the edges of my bat'leths Cry ) can be dangerous for you or others. (I know, I know, we all know better) If you are making or hope to make one yourself, might I suggest you spray the usual silver color (if you don't have an airbrush and more diverse enamels) on the blade. Then, after it's dried, dry brush it over with black or quickly spray black then wipe it off in one direction.  This can give the sheen of the blade some depth. qapla'!

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
killmore
Newcomer

« Reply #5 on: 12 12, 2014, 01:57: PM »

foggy mountain forge has  a Few MEK'LETH , BAT'LETH and a GIN'TAK for sale. Read the specifications to all weapons before you order. Not all are to scale. Some are small display pieces, I purchased a brass replica of  the sword of Kahless  without reading the specifications , it said small  and I had seen others that were approximately half the size of the real one, but when I got it, I was suprised that it was only 13" . it is very nice work. Good craftsmanship, but too small to do any thing with other than look at it. Once again I learned a lesson the hard way. Always read the specifics.
« Last Edit: 12 15, 2014, 01:23: AM by killmore » Logged
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #6 on: 07 28, 2017, 10:38: PM »

Search and ye shall find.  There are some good looking Klingon weapons on Etsy.  I haven't ordered any yet, so I can't provide reviews or anything....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: