Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:49: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Classics of Klingon Literature
| | | |-+  I.K.S. Gorkon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I.K.S. Gorkon  (Read 9100 times)
J'Maq
Senior Courier

« on: 12 16, 2005, 10:31: PM »

Just recently I recommended Keith DeCandido's I.K.S. Gorkon books to some fellow warriors. I found the adventures of the honorable Captain Klag and the spirited crew of the I.K.S. Gorkon quite enjoyable. Any thoughts on DeCandido or the books?

J'Maq, son of Maal
Member of House Reshtarc
Klingon Archivist
"The character of a Klingon warrior is measured not only by the metal of his blade--but also by the mettle of his heart."
HoS'etlh
Imperial Klingon Overseer, KIDC
KIDC Member
Courier

« Reply #1 on: 12 16, 2005, 11:45: PM »

I love this series! I just wish they came out more often.

The author DeCandido truly captures the Klingon heart. His use of the warrior language is accurate (I believe he consults with the KLI), and adds much to the enjoyment of the story. I like the use of established Trek Klingons, which strengthens the ties to the Trek Universe.

My one wish would be that the adventures of the I.K.S. GORKON became a new Trek TV series (such as the oft rumored Klingon-series spinoff).

HoS'etlh qultIq Tai Kasara  http://hosetlh.blogspot.com
Imperial Klingon Overseer - KIDC
Head of Security, IKRV Hurgh HaP - Ring of Fire Fleet
1st Officer, IDS CyberBlade - The Empire
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #2 on: 12 19, 2005, 06:37: PM »

I also love the series.  It is skillfully wrote and the list's in the back are good (especially the list of who he based his characters on).

While reading the first book when the Klag killed his enemy(not naming for the sake of those who did not read it yet) and Keith was describing the fight and then the death I honestly felt the urge to partisipate in the death howl.  An urge I had to repress since I was sitting at the counter of a diner, where I am a regular, at the time.

The thing I like most about the series is that Keith DeCandido sucessfully integrated the tv klingon society and the klingon society portrayed is books like The Final Reflection.
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #3 on: 01 09, 2006, 10:25: PM »

I have not read the books.
Is it a series or what?
I am always looking for a good Klingon Book.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
emperorkalan
Newcomer

« Reply #4 on: 03 17, 2006, 12:35: PM »

Among the things I like about the books is the way he's weaving many of the concepts of The Final reflection into the canon structure of the Klingons that has developed since it was originally published.
smbspo
Scribe

« Reply #5 on: 06 18, 2006, 06:04: AM »

I am on the third book, and I tell you I absoultly love this series. I only wish they would make it into a TV Series, then we can all experiance the true Klingon Nature!

I can't wait to fininish the last book, so far they just entered the Sphere through the polluted water, and it is getting good!

borDurIS tuq
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 06 18, 2006, 12:34: PM »

If it were a TV show, it would have to feature a lot of previous guest stars. That's one of the best things about it, in my opinion, is the fact that we have met so many of the characters before. Especially Toq, and Rodek.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
smbspo
Scribe

« Reply #7 on: 06 18, 2006, 10:59: PM »

If it were a TV show, it would have to feature a lot of previous guest stars. That's one of the best things about it, in my opinion, is the fact that we have met so many of the characters before. Especially Toq, and Rodek.

Yeah, that is why I really got into these books, I still like Goran, I would love to see his character! I think they would have a hit if they made it a series, Space the final Conflect, these are the vouyages of the I.K.S. Gorkon, to boldly conqure new worlds and bring them into the empire! Grin Something like that!

Just my thoughts.

borDurIS tuq
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #8 on: 06 19, 2006, 06:24: AM »

I did see a Klingon website somewhere that had the following quote:

"...to seek out new life and new civilisations - and boldy conquer them for the glory of the empire!"

Personally I love these books and as I have stated elsewhere on this forum, I just wish the author would hurry up and write some more.  I am intrigued as to whether Rodek will regain his memory, and the on/off romance between Kurak and Leskit.

I would love to see it televised but again, as has been discussed elsewhere, would you really trust Paramount to do it right?

Did anybody read the second Captain's Table set of books?  I ask because there was a story told by Klag, about him and his brother Dorek, that while sentimental, was very revealing.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
smbspo
Scribe

« Reply #9 on: 05 02, 2008, 10:32: PM »

I just read his latest book "A burning house". What a great book it brings the Klingon Homeworld to life. I love it!!! And it continues off where he left off. I recommnend it to my fellow warriors.
bekk Kretorg Leskit
« Reply #10 on: 06 17, 2008, 01:41: PM »

[I have just finished reading " A Burning House" by the same author. It is a real insight into the Klingon way of life and it ties into so much that we already know. I am now searching for more from this author as he has a solid grasp on Klingon society. Qapla'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: