Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:17: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Forum member ranks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum member ranks  (Read 22609 times)
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #25 on: 07 13, 2006, 03:22: PM »

I didn't even notice the three thought masters until this thread turned to the topic...

Four now:  Kesvirit, qoSagh, nej vIt and now me.  But who is counting.

There are two ways the software allows rank, automatic post based rank or group based rank.  Any system not based on post count would involve manual intervention by us administrators in order to adjust someone's rank.  That's probably not what you want us to be doing, if we get swamped with trying to fix a bug or update some features(like installing your new emoticons), moderating or something else, we'll just not have time to review people and promete them, much less have any time to participate in the threads ourselves!
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #26 on: 07 13, 2006, 05:29: PM »

I didn't even notice the three thought masters until this thread turned to the topic...

Four now:  Kesvirit, qoSagh, nej vIt and now me.  But who is counting.

There are two ways the software allows rank, automatic post based rank or group based rank.  Any system not based on post count would involve manual intervention by us administrators in order to adjust someone's rank.  That's probably not what you want us to be doing, if we get swamped with trying to fix a bug or update some features(like installing your new emoticons), moderating or something else, we'll just not have time to review people and promete them, much less have any time to participate in the threads ourselves!
The way it works now I think is fine. Having posting ranks is but an added bonus, not really something to have your qagh get cold over...

You pInpu' are doing a fine job, and provide me with lots more than just moderation. Insights into not only Klingon culture, for one.

pIn - boss, expert
-pu' - plural suffix, beings capable of using language

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #27 on: 07 13, 2006, 05:32: PM »

Klythe, I did not mean to suggest that the way my little forum does things is the way it should be done here.  You guys really don't need to be messing about with forum ranks all the time, there are more important things to deal with.  (Mine has about 10 active members so far so obviously its a little different.) I wouldn't know where to start running a forum the size of this one.

anyway, I like the way it is here - I have already expressed my desire to become a word warrior (Hey, nearly half way there now!)

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Kaptain WanraK
Scribe

« Reply #28 on: 08 03, 2006, 08:14: AM »

Cool!!!

I have been away for abit, and see there is much activity and catchin up to do.

The member ranking system looks great, keeps you informed of who the talkers are, and builds a better network of friends.

Keep up the good work.

I'll do what I can as well to step up the chatter.

Lt. Cmdr. WanraK sutai-Veska
Kaptain IKV Sons of Honor
StarFire Region - Ring Of Fire Fleet
tlhIngan Hol
Novice

« Reply #29 on: 11 25, 2012, 10:42: PM »

You are not the only one who went Post Happy, but you did beat my one day record. Which brigs up the question, if we found so much to comment on in the first day, why there are so many OPW's and Novices at all? Are folks like us just too darn opinionated?

I barely know anything at about the Klingon language and culture so that in itself eliminates a few sections of the forums. Also, members here do not post as often in other online forums so its hard post that much, especially for us intimidated newcomers.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #30 on: 11 27, 2012, 08:48: PM »

We (for the most part) try not to be intimidating.

As for learning about language and culture, I myself know just enough about the language to be dangerous but am hardly fluent. I have tried to learn about the culture and where there is no first hand source, figure out the missing bits. Sometimes it works, but not always. That is one of the best parts of forum sites like this, asking questions and getting answers then engaging in "spirited debate" about the last two.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #31 on: 12 03, 2012, 09:48: PM »

Eliminates?  The forums are not eliminated under my not too particularly vigilant watch.  The topics are still there waiting for new questions and new ideas.

Our policy is that no thread is too old to revive, if you have a new thought or question to add.  I cannot stress enough how important asking questions is to starting a new discussion.

Back to the original topic, I was just explaining what was possible.  Our Forum supports both manual and post-count ranks, and you earn both and can choose which displays in your profile.   Hmmm, I wonder how many people noticed the 'hidden' rank, when someone had it.  No one has it now of course, though some are not too far from it...   Well, as you have requested it, and there are none who would lose rank previously earned, I have raised the requirements for Thought Master, the old 600 post requirement is now merely 'Thought Captain'.   I should raise the requirement all the way up to 1,000, but that would be taking away an honor given with no dishonorable act to earn it...

Hmm  Probably time to start thinking what to call people at 2000.  10,000 is unfathomable at this point. Tongue
« Last Edit: 12 03, 2012, 10:05: PM by Klythe » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #32 on: 12 04, 2012, 03:41: PM »

Probably time to start thinking what to call people at 2000.  10,000 is unfathomable at this point.

We are KLINGON! Nothing is unfathomable.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Tlaura
Scribe

« Reply #33 on: 04 03, 2013, 11:09: PM »

I am glad that the forum member ranks list is shared. Other forums I belong to often keep it a secret.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: