Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:31: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Klingoticons! }}: D
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingoticons! }}: D  (Read 16013 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 10 08, 2005, 03:37: AM »

Abbot Nej vIt has given to the Forums a most generous gift: a set of Klingon emoticons.  We thank you, Abbot. ::bows::

Thanks also to Klythe for battling obstinate software and uploading both emoticon sets.

To get to the Klingoticons, go to your User Profile. There is a column of options on the left side of the page. Under the “Modify Profile” block, click on “Look and Layout Preferences”.  There is a drag-down with style options for emoticons: No Smileys, Default, Classic, and Klingon. “Classic” will let you see a classic yellow set. Chose “Klingon” to get the Klingon set.

Note: The Classic set contains some options that do not have a corresponding Klingon graphic. So if you choose the Klingon set, the smiley lineup on the posting form may have question marks scattered amongst the emoticons.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #1 on: 10 08, 2005, 01:53: PM »

I Have Worked on an Improved Image Set (Which Look a lot Better than These I Think), And Have Some of the Missing Images Listed Above If You Like I Can Send those to you... But Unless I Get the Software (And the Skills...<Chuckle>...) The Animated Eye Roll will always be "Missing"...

Let Me Know if You Want the Updated Images (Which Look a lot more Klingon)...

And Thank You For Posting my Work, It is an Honor to Be able to Give Somthing Back to the Forums...  cool

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 10 08, 2005, 07:03: PM »

You Know, there is another Issue here I THink, which is that I Do Not Have any way of Saving these Images With a "Transparent" Background, So the White Background Looks a little Funny Against the Alternating Gray Posts...<Smirk>...

Smiley Wink Cheesy Angry Sad Shocked Tongue Embarrassed Cry cool :wub:

Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #3 on: 10 09, 2005, 02:25: AM »

Thanks again for all the work you put into these icons.  Kesvirit and I are looking into the whitebackgrounds.  I think we can set you backgrounds transparent.   

I wouldn't sweat the lack of animation.  Some people find it annoying after a while, so it will be good to have a non animated smiley theme.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #4 on: 10 09, 2005, 11:46: AM »

You are Quite Welcome... And Again, I Really Dig these Forums, so To Be able to Contribute in Some way is an Honor...

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 10 10, 2005, 01:21: AM »

Abbot Nej vIt: I Have Worked on an Improved Image Set (Which Look a lot Better than These I Think), And Have Some of the Missing Images Listed Above If You Like I Can Send those to you...

Yes, send them! I am eager to see them, and, if possible incorporate them!

Anyone with suggestions as to how to replace a white background with a transparent one, report in... }}:-\
« Last Edit: 10 10, 2005, 03:16: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 10 10, 2005, 05:58: PM »

I Think that An Artist would Need a more Flexible Art Program, (Such as Photo Shop), to Add the Transparent Layer... What Files Types Does the Board Accept?

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 10 11, 2005, 01:43: AM »

I don't have a comprehensive answer to that, but so far it seems to prefer .jpg's and ,gif's.  I have tentatively concluded that .gif's work best for emoticons because the files are very small and load more quickly.

Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #8 on: 11 16, 2005, 05:25: PM »

That has been the Trend... I Know that there are GIF Creating Programs out there, but without Inexpensive Access to One (Or Training), I am limited by the Minor Paint Program that Came with my Klunky Computer, Now Several Years Old... THe Relevance of which is that Turning any of the Art Work that I Can Make into a Gif Loses enormous amounts of Detail...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #9 on: 11 16, 2005, 09:20: PM »

I'm not sure what program you are currently using.   If you are talking about MS Paint, it hasn't changed much if at all, other than perhaps allowing a few more formats....

You should be able to find will work better as a GIF editor which you can download for free at Tucows or Shareware.com.  Search of GIF or Graphics.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #10 on: 11 16, 2005, 10:16: PM »

Do these Programs Allow you to Create the Art also? Or Just to Convert Existing Artwork to Useful GIF format? I ask mainly because of the Slow and Limited Resources on my Computer, I have to be Concious of What and How Much I Load the Beast up with... Smiley

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #11 on: 11 17, 2005, 01:50: AM »

Some do, some don't.  You'll have to read the descriptions to determine what feature each program has.  I don't know what features you are looking for, but there are several different programs, I'm sure one of them will.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #12 on: 11 23, 2005, 10:58: PM »

OT,

We Really Need to Get some of the "Missing" Icons (EmotiKons) Addressed...

Klythe,

Were None of the Other Icons I Provided Useful for the "Evil" and "Undecided" and so Forth EmotiKons?
« Last Edit: 11 24, 2005, 02:30: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

KMel_K'Tarra
Old Guard
Scribe

Huntin' boots......Tennis Shoes.....

« Reply #13 on: 07 10, 2006, 07:52: PM »

I like these new Klingon smilies....so cool indeed...Now if only the folks at Smilie Central could do that too.

Now to Sharpen our blades....
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #14 on: 07 10, 2006, 09:10: PM »

None that I remember.   We could probably adjust the list to match the icons and board usage.  I haven't seen anyone use  :wub:  or Sad  and  Undecided and  huh are pretty much the same thing.   The trick is that we have to match two or three different smiley sets, the Klingoticots, the default and the classic sets, since not all users use the Klingoticons.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #15 on: 07 11, 2006, 02:50: AM »

Wow... It's been a little while since this came up... I do have a Newer "Better" set available, though I had been told that they were not "Generic" enough... (Most are obviously "Male")... But they have now, thanks to Qeytok, been converted to GIF and have transparencies included so that they are ready to go... Let me Know if you want them...

maj! {Good}...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #16 on: 07 11, 2006, 03:19: AM »

Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.   Smiley
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #17 on: 07 11, 2006, 07:08: AM »

The Rapid Response Fleet have been test driving the new batch of klingoticons and we absolutely love them.  I can't wait to see them in use here.

Abbott, I have said it here and will say it again, you are a genius.

I will echo Klythe's please please please please please

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #18 on: 07 11, 2006, 07:30: AM »

Quote from: Klythe
    Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.     Please.   Smiley

Roger that... Smiley

PM me an E-mail address if you would, so that I can send the Zip...

Quote from: Kehlan

The Rapid Response Fleet have been test driving the new batch of klingoticons and we absolutely love them.  I can't wait to see them in use here.

Kehlan, you honor me... I am gratified that my modest offerings are being appreciated... cool

maj!

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #19 on: 08 09, 2006, 05:41: PM »

Embarrassed  Sorry it took so long for me to get around to doing it, but Abbots new Klino-ticons have new been installed as a new set "Klingon2". Cheesy   This will be the default for all new users, but existing users will have to change over to the new set in the "Looks and Layout settings"  in their profiles.

I've removed two icons that no one seems to ever use 'kiss' and 'undecided', and replaced them with "Thumbs up"  Thumbs up! which I hope people will use more and Sick,  Sick  which... maybe not so much.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #20 on: 08 10, 2006, 01:53: AM »

Klythe...

Excellent sir... Thank you for adding these... I notice that we are still missing a standard 'grin' in the new set, and of course the "rolleyes" which perhaps some day when I have the time and motivation to learn how to create GIFs I will create...

In the mean time, thanks to Klythe for adding these Klin-oti-Kons to the boards, and to Qeytok for his assistance with converting them to a useable format...

maj! {Good}...

qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #21 on: 08 10, 2006, 02:33: AM »

That sick one is an almost Vulcan shade of green....ick!

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #22 on: 08 17, 2006, 11:01: PM »

I notice that we are still missing a standard 'grin' in the new set, and of course the "rolleyes" which perhaps some day when I have the time and motivation to learn how to create GIFs I will create...

Creating GIFs is easy... just save the picture differently. The animated ones are trickier, but there are handy programs for those...
All you really need to learn is how many steps you need for the desired effect 8-)

Send me an e-mail if you need more info on the tools, but also remember: GIYF (Google Is Your Friend)  Grin

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: