Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
02 25, 2018, 05:48: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11896 Posts in 1665 Topics by 691 Members
Latest Member: jackusopiffeza
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Props, Accessories & Footwear
| | | |-+  Klingon PADDs (IDD)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon PADDs (IDD)  (Read 5534 times)
qurgh
Novice

« on: 10 12, 2003, 09:11: AM »

posted on 7-1-2002 at 04:09 PM

Klingon PADDs (IDD)

Does anyone out there know how to make Klingon PADDs. I've seen a couple for sale on EBay in the past, and I'm just wondering if anyone has made or has copys off instructions on building one.

Let me know if you do! Smiley
weslipuqlod
Weaponsmith
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 10 12, 2003, 09:13: AM »

posted on 9-6-2002 at 02:53 AM

Klingon Padds

I have made padds in the past from bass wood, available at any hobby store. I cut the padd to shape, roughly 20cm x 8cm not counting the handhold, sand, seal, prime, and spray paint it gloss black except for the viewscreen area which I paint white.

Using colored tape I take an exacto knife and cut the "buttons" and simply stick them on. Using my computer I have developed various graphics.

The one for the back is printed onto label paper, trimmed, and applied. The screens I print out a mirror image onto inkjet overhead transparencies.

You have to use the mirror printing in order to turn the rough side of the image inward. That side is then glued against the white screen area. The whole then is then coated with a polyester resin sealant. After a light wet sanding you have a pretty awesome product.

For the screens use your imagination. For the overall shape and layout of the buttons you can find images in various magazines, a good one being in the DS9 Technical Manual.
qurgh
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 10 12, 2003, 09:15: AM »

posted on 9-20-2002 at 12:18 PM

Do you have any pictures of finished PADDs so I can see how they turn out?
Also, could you upload or email me the computer displays and the sticker for the back?
I would love to compliment my costume with a few PADDs, but I have the artistic talents of a glob fly on crack...

voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #3 on: 12 03, 2003, 03:39: PM »

Does ayone know of any Klingon tricorders, that don't look like federation tricorders?

Or would it be a modified PADD.

On that note,  has anyone made a PADD with "working" lights?

voraq
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: