Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 13, 2017, 01:31: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  Klingon Poetry and Short Stories
| | |-+  Klingon Poetry
| | | |-+  My Beloved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Beloved  (Read 9556 times)
KChara
Novice

« on: 09 30, 2005, 02:59: PM »

My blood runs cold
As I look on the face
Of my beloved
His eyes are empty
Dead
I hold his eyes open
And scream
My rage
My fear
My anger
My heart breaks
I howl
I warn the others
A mighty warrior is coming
I look at the battle
With new eyes
And now
The battle truely begins
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #1 on: 09 30, 2005, 10:44: PM »

Is there a Story here?

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
KChara
Novice

« Reply #2 on: 10 01, 2005, 12:42: AM »

No, just an scene, I suppose.  Just something that came to me.

K'Chara
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 10 01, 2005, 04:41: AM »

quoth Abbot Nej vIt: Is there a Story here?

Does there need to be? It’s poetry.

I see a story here, a story of transformations. The first is the  more mundane transformation of life to death of the warrior. The second is a rapid series of transformations of the writer -- fury, fear, heartbreak are jumbled together into a new, unsettling perspective on battle and war. Very visceral. Well done, KChara!

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
KChara
Novice

« Reply #4 on: 10 01, 2005, 04:46: AM »

Thank you Kesvirit!  You read exactly what I was trying to say, thank you!

K'Chara
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 10 01, 2005, 09:59: AM »

Kesvirit,

All Cynisism Aside... Poetry Can Be So Many Different things to Different People... Many Poems Are Inspired by Events that Touch the Author Personally... Such a Poem as this may Touche The Reader in as Many Different ways... I Was Opening the Door for Zan K'Chara to Elaborate if they Wished...

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #6 on: 10 01, 2005, 10:52: PM »

Never set cynicism aside. You never know when you may need it.

Believe me, I am more than aware of the subjective nature of poetry, both in its execution and in its being read by others. Its general “anything goes” properties are a main reason why I detest it, do not consider it an art form, and generally do my best to avoid it. 

But KChara took the hackneyed Klingon themes of death and battle and brought something new to them. I appreciate the way the poem does not oversimplify and glorify them. Too many Klinfolk revel in war as a path to glory without understanding or acknowledging a very prominent downside: that those closest to us frequently die, leaving empty chunks in our lives that can never be filled and forever altering our perceptions.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 10 02, 2005, 02:07: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
KChara
Novice

« Reply #7 on: 10 02, 2005, 05:04: AM »

Oh, please don't think that I was in any way offended!!  On the contrary, it was an inspration, and I'm running story lines in my head now about a short story to complement the poem!!  Thank you, I hope this will be a jump start into something new and exciting for me!  I've never shared any of my work before, not even with my husband.  But thanks to **everything** that has been said about the poems, good and bad, I'm going to start getting it out there for others to enjoy.  So thank you, and please don't apologize!!

K'Chara
House of Fenix
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #8 on: 10 02, 2005, 12:46: PM »

maj!

I Would Enjoy Reading Such a Story...

Unlike our Esteemed (And Opinioned...<Chuckle>...), Moderator Kesvirit, I Happen to Think of Poetry as a Very Definite Form of Art... But Like all of the Arts Really, The Better the Work the More Esoteric it Can become... This is Hard to Place "Value" on in a Society that Still thinks of itself as being Essentially a Barter System... We have Traded True Bartering For The Exchange of Cash which Makes it Difficult to "Value" those who's Contributions Can not Easily Fall within a Set of Guidelines or Rules...

The Artist Who Starves for their Efforts because No One Can Find Suitable Value in their Work, May well Make their Decendants (Or More Likely Their Agents), Very Wealthy Once they have Died... The Only Legitimate "Rules" that have Ever Existed when it Comes to Art, are Where Physical Principles Come into Play, Such as Finding Ones Medium of Choice, and Taking the Time to Understand the Principles as they Apply to the Artist... All of the Rest is Garbage, Designed By those who can not Express themselves, In order to Catalog and Control Production of the Worst Possible Aspect of Art which is the Street Value, (Which the Artist Themselves Rarely, if Ever Gets to Enjoy)...

Ok... There is My Cynisism...<Snicker>... Poetry, Is Hard to Quantify... It is Hard to "Value"... And it is Hardly Alone in the "Anything Goes" World of Art... No Art Is "Great"... But there are Difinately Great Artists... And Here and there those Who Value that art for Reasons other than it's Market Value...

KChara
Novice

« Reply #9 on: 10 02, 2005, 02:36: PM »

OH!  Your post reminded me of something that happened last night.  Someone offered to put my poems in a book that's coming out on Klingon poetry, art, short stories, and filk.  Upon learning this I was very honored and excited!  So I called my mother, whose first response is "How much are they paying you?"  ARGH!!!!!!!  I'm guessing they won't, I don't care, it's just so wonderful to have so many people read and enjoy my poems!!!  Of course, people like Mom don't understand art for the sake of art...  she only wants $$

K'Chara
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: