Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:11: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Ceremonies, Rituals & Traditions
| | |-+  Matters of Family, Line, and House
| | | |-+  Links to rituals and weddings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Links to rituals and weddings  (Read 8029 times)
KChara
Novice

« on: 09 28, 2005, 09:11: PM »

Does anyone have any links to in-depth explinations of Klingon rituals?  in particular, wedding rituals. 

K'Chara
« Last Edit: 09 29, 2005, 04:05: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 09 28, 2005, 11:54: PM »

There are some sites that list rituals, but they mostly will describe the little bits we have seen on TV. Your best bet is to read through the thread on this forum about Klingon weddings, where much has been debated. If you are looking to do a real wedding, remember that you will have to live with your ceremonial choices for the rest of your life, and you will have to deal with friends and relatives who may not know what to make of the event. Any in depth study you will find will be fan generated work, something that these forums excel at. After reading what has been posted here already, feel free to ask any specific questions you may Have either publicly or by e-mail.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 09 29, 2005, 01:04: AM »

I know there are sites that describe their own wedding rituals and sone that offer a viewpoint of the one Klingon wedding we've seen.   But if you want actual discussion, as far as I know there is only one link, and that is own very own thread discussing Klingon Weddings.  This could definately use some more discussion, so if you have anything more specific, just ask and we can all add to the discussion.  Cheesy Klingon Grin
KChara
Novice

« Reply #3 on: 09 29, 2005, 02:03: PM »

Thank you for the help.  I've been married for 5 years, our wedding was traditional (before I embraced my Klingon soul).  I was just curious.  I think if I ever got married again, I would have a traditional wedding for my human family and such, and a Klingon one for my House and klingdom family and friends.

K'Chara
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 09 29, 2005, 06:05: PM »

That is a Great Idea... Both of these Aspects of Your Life Deserve The Proper Respect...

Until the DS-9 Episode (You Are Cordially Invited), Came Along we Had Our Own Very Simple Ritual, BUT that was Somewhat Geared Towards Consortships, Which were Usually What RL Married Couples would Do in Character... It was Quick but Significant... Since DS-9 More FOlks have Requested the "Telling of the First Klingon Heart" Story Which is A little More Formal and Impressive...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 09 29, 2005, 11:57: PM »

After seeing your question, I decided to do a little of my own research. I found there wasn't much on the internet about this topic. Kordite, who as usual has done very good work, has a page with a translation of a wedding ceremony I think is based on the DS9 one. I found several sites that link to some uncomplimentary remarks about couple of Klingon Wedding pictures, oddly enough I couldn't find the original site the pics were from. I found a site written by a bride who wanted a Klingon wedding in Las Vegas but ended up with a wedding by a Starfleet officer followed by a Klingon "blessing".  I have found mentions of Klingon weddings being held at conventions and various club gatherings but they only mention them as a programing note. Apparently we have finally found a subject that the internet doesn't contain much on. Of course one of my favorite Klingon Wedding references was the one fromthe Simpsons. We saw far too little of it, as it was not a major plot device, but some of the jokes hit a little too close to home.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
KChara
Novice

« Reply #6 on: 09 30, 2005, 10:30: PM »

LOL @ Simpsons... I haven't seen that one, I'll have to find it.  At one time I had a site in my bookmarks that went into detail about the DS9 wedding, but I've lost it.. Maybe it was just something I saw on ST.com...   I'd love to see some of those sites you talked about, they sound interesting!

K'Chara
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: