Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:16: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  Everyone old is new again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone old is new again  (Read 8145 times)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« on: 09 06, 2005, 12:05: PM »

I have noticed something I think is pretty cool with these new forums. When I get to the end of reading/posting I usually look to see who else is online. Lately I noticed several unfamiliar names, so I started reading profiles. I have seen a large number of members who joined wuite a while ago but are now returning to the forums. Sadly alot of them have few posts and fewer recent ones. But at least members are returning to see what's up, and hopefully will weigh in on so topics here abouts.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 09 07, 2005, 03:30: AM »

Three factors may be contributing to the new names and the reappearance of old ones:

- The Forums link on the klingon.org site’s menu page has been redirected to the KIF 3.0 you see before you.

- At some point this weekend (it’s all a blur }}:-P) I sent a mass mailing out to everyone registered with the Forums to inform them of our rebirth and new url.

- I believe that Lady K’Zin has made similar announcements in the KIDC’s many mailing lists.

I am also putting together a promo post to post on the Trek Usenet news groups. With any luck, this may interest prospective new posters and jog the memories of some who haven't  been by in a while.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #2 on: 09 11, 2005, 07:40: PM »

I have found the samething.I only found the new forums when i was cleaning out my favorites list,and happened  on to this.
But i doubt the every one else was so lucky.
Tell me Kesvirit did you send a email to EVERYone or just the one that have not been active for a while?

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 09 11, 2005, 08:57: PM »

I sent out an email to everyone whose contact address is on the Forums’ master list -- three hundred and some. I did the same to announce yeaterday’s chat in  the Talk time thread..It looks like none have reached their destinations. If anyone DID receive an email regarding the Forums’ resurrection or yesterday’s chat, would they contact me? It might help in the troubleshooting process.

Regardless of how you made it back, I'm glad you did! }}: D

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 09 11, 2005, 09:19: PM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #4 on: 09 12, 2005, 08:15: PM »

I got the e-mail about the forums starting back up, that's how I came back. I didn't get any e-mail about the chat session.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 09 13, 2005, 02:44: AM »

That message was from yet another mailing. I sent a separate "we're baaaaaack" message to the handful of posters whose addresses I had in my private email app before the general memberships' email addresses were accessable through the Forum database.

-=- Kesvirit

Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #6 on: 09 14, 2005, 02:58: PM »

That message was from yet another mailing. I sent a separate "we're baaaaaack" message to the handful of posters whose addresses I had in my private email app before the general memberships' email addresses were accessable through the Forum database.

-=- Kesvirit

This may Explain a lot then, Because I was Curious about not receiving the Chat Update myself... Kesvirit, did you get my Recent Change of E-mail address Notification?

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 09 16, 2005, 02:58: AM »

Yes, and thank you for sending it.  I have entered it into both my private email app and the Forums' database.

-=- Kesvirit

Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #8 on: 09 16, 2005, 11:11: PM »

Yes, and thank you for sending it.  I have entered it into both my private email app and the Forums' database.

-=- Kesvirit

maj! I Actually Noticed it having been Changed on my Profile AFTER (I Noticed it After, not that it was Changed after), I had Posted the Qustion Thank You for your Dilligence...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: