Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 11:32: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  Sorting of Topics?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorting of Topics?  (Read 5890 times)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« on: 09 02, 2005, 01:55: PM »

When the forums first came back, I thought it was odd that the mopst recent posts were not sorting to the top. Then I found the button to revers the order, which still did not put them in chronological order (reversed or otherwise). Then I stumbled on what I think is the answer, the date format being used has the month spelled out, and the sorting is putting these alphabetically. This was fine in August, kind of annoying in September. I suppose I should be thankful we don't have any months that begin with Z.

After I posted this, I just had to edit it....I see that Today is thrown into the mix also.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Ambassador Lady K'Zin
Forum Founder
Administrator
Klingon Conversationalist

Always trust your instincts!

« Reply #1 on: 09 02, 2005, 08:05: PM »

I've tried to change the dating system to make it more compatible to "newest to oldest", however, I haven't figured out how to deal with the "today" thingy -- no mention of it in the admin that I can find, but I'm still looking... Us Admins are still figuring out stuff as we go along with this new forum software. Overall, though, I gotta admit that I like a lot more than the old one in some ways and I'm glad we made the switch...

~ Ambassador Lady K'Zin

Administrator,
Klingon Imperial Forums, KIDC
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 09 03, 2005, 11:24: AM »

Thanks for doing the numerical dates. Overall I also like the new look. I have to say one feature I really like are the icons under each name with the various e-mail/IM options.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: