Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10 25, 2014, 04:23: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11641 Posts in 1600 Topics by 664 Members
Latest Member: johnclo
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Kitchen
| | |-+  Non-alcoholic Klingon drink recipes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non-alcoholic Klingon drink recipes  (Read 16824 times)
Warrior_of_Kahless
Scribe

« on: 07 22, 2005, 03:11: PM »

My son is only fourteen and he is REALLY into Star Trek...mainly the Klingon portion. He asked me to find out some ideas on here for some non-alcoholic bloodwine ideas and/or other drinks recipes. Thank you.  
« Last Edit: 08 30, 2005, 09:59: PM by Ambassador Lady K'Zin » Logged

jupwI' ghaHbej jaghwI' jagh'e'
KAllen
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #1 on: 07 22, 2005, 07:23: PM »

We used a mixture of 2 parts Cranberry Juice and 1 part Grape Juice, mixed w/ chopped up cranberries, then add sugar to sweeten for a bloodwine.  I've heard people use either cranberry or grape jello to make it look more congeled, but we just made it with chopped cranberries. (note: don't use too many chopped berries, it'll be pulppy if you do)  Make sure you use real cranberry/grape juice not a pre-mix juice, that way it'll be darker...and taste better.  

We made 3 batches, 1 non-alcahol, 1 w/ Vodka, and 1 w/ rum.  We had people drink all 3 and said all were good.  

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
Warrior_of_Kahless
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 07 23, 2005, 05:44: AM »

No offence or anything but I am looking for something simpler to make...I am DEFINETLY not a good cook at all so i need something easier to make..or easeeir ingredients to find.

KAllen
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #3 on: 07 23, 2005, 09:35: AM »

We didn't cook anything, we just got bottles of Cranberry Juice and Grape Juice (like ocean spray and welches) and mixed them in a gallon jug (2 big glasses of Cran, 1 big glass of Grape), added sugar and shook really hard.

When I said real juice that prob. threw ya.  I meant real juice in the bottles not get actual cranberries & grapes and play Lucy by stomping on them.

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 07 23, 2005, 04:57: PM »

WoK,

Another nice option is to look in the "Mixers" section of the grocery or liquer store... There are ALL kinds of great colored drink mixers which do not have any alcohol... Then simply replace the alcohol in the recipe with sprite, or ginger ale, or even tonic water... If you want wild flavors try experimenting with adding quinine mixers or bitters... Good luck, and let us know how the party goes....
« Last Edit: 08 30, 2005, 09:57: PM by Ambassador Lady K'Zin » Logged

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library,
http://www.klingonlegion.com/summergames2006/
Warrior_of_Kahless
Scribe

« Reply #5 on: 07 24, 2005, 05:59: AM »

Thank you for your help it is much appreciated...And i will post to tell of how the party goes.

Once again...thank you.

qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 07 24, 2005, 12:45: PM »

Be careful about substitutions. If you use Soda for instance, you will end up with a carbonated end result. You will also end up with different flavor mixes and sugar content. Remember that Sprite will have stong citrus flavors, which may not mix well with other ingrediants.

The first Bloodwine recipie I ever tasted was just Sangria called Bloodwine, but an alcohol free sangrea should be easy. It's just fruit and wine, so you could do fruit and grape juice. I recommend Cranberry/Grape mixes because that will sustitute some bitterness for the alcohol taste in the wine. A small amount of lemmon or lime juice will do the same. And remember that anything called Juice Cocktail will have added sugar.

That brings up a different factor. Years ago it was common to use various mixed drinks for ceremonial purposes. I had a request for an alcohol free drink, which was easy enough to do. It was then pointed out to me that high sugar drinks may not be diabetic freindly, which was an issue with a former club member.

Know who will be likely to drink whatever concoction you end up making.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Warrior_of_Kahless
Scribe

« Reply #7 on: 07 25, 2005, 04:58: AM »

Thank you all for the ideas...I used the Mixers/ soda idea...it worked out pretty good...I think i put too much carb. water into it though...it was a little flat...but the others didnt notice  :lol:  pnce again...thank you all for the help.

WoK

M_Sogha_KDar
Novice

« Reply #8 on: 12 20, 2005, 09:51: PM »

If I my put my two slips of latinum's worth, In the Mexican foods row of the store I shop at, there is an Non alcohol Sangria, that is also non carbonated either, cannot remember it, but I thought it tasted great, and if you add to it a mixture of unstemmed Marisino Cherries, and put them in a blender for the count of three and there you go, My version of Blood wine, mmmmmmm tasty!!
 Grin Grin
Sogh'a' K' Dar tai-Veska.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: