Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:20: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Uniforms & Tunics
| | | |-+  Collars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Collars  (Read 7881 times)
KAllen
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 07 19, 2005, 07:43: PM »

I'm looking for a site of somebody that makes Klingon Collars.  I've tried K'Put and Qidar and can't find a pattern.  Pattern would be good, but the actual thing better.  If anybody knows of a site w/ some listed, let me know.
« Last Edit: 07 21, 2005, 03:16: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 07 20, 2005, 07:24: AM »

A gorget(te) is a kind of collar used to protect one's neck (though those shown onscreen look more vestigal than practical). K'Put has directions on how to make several different styles of gorget at http://www.geocities.com/indygizmo/metalmesh.html.

Another that can be easily customized to the wearer's tastes can be found here. A pattern for it can be found here.

I wish you success in your constructing.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 20, 2005, 07:33: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
KAllen

« Reply #2 on: 07 21, 2005, 09:10: PM »

I've seen those patterns and they are quite nice, thank you for the response

I guess I should have said I'm looking for the "grunt" type collar.  My uniform is the solid front "grunt" type.  So I'm looking for the collar like Worf wore in DS9 when he was in Klingon uniform.  Its the one that stands up more.

Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #3 on: 09 20, 2005, 03:47: PM »

KAllen,

Did you Ever Decide on a Gorget? Either Purchased or Self-fabricated? I Know that Klingon Costumers are Harder to Find these Days but they are still out there... It's just Very Dangerous with PB Patrolling the Skies... In Any event, I am Curious about your Final Choice...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
KAllen

« Reply #4 on: 09 21, 2005, 02:11: PM »

Nothing yet. 

I had found a pattern years ago, but can't remember where it was located.  If I had a good pattern of the one I'm looking for, I could get it made, but the ones on K'Put arn't what I'm looking for, the're too elaborate.   I'm looking for a basic "grunt" type. 

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #5 on: 02 01, 2006, 06:41: AM »

I'm looking for a site of somebody that makes Klingon Collars.  I've tried K'Put and Qidar and can't find a pattern.  Pattern would be good, but the actual thing better.  If anybody knows of a site w/ some listed, let me know. ***  I guess I should have said I'm looking for the "grunt" type collar.  My uniform is the solid front "grunt" type.  So I'm looking for the collar like Worf wore in DS9 when he was in Klingon uniform.  Its the one that stands up more.

Not having followed Worf’s career, I am still unsure about the specific style you are looking for.
Have you been to Trish's Stitches? She offers five different styles of collar at http://www.trishsstitches.com/catalog/warcat/warcatfr.html . Click on the “02” in the upper left corner to go to the collar page.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
KAllen

« Reply #6 on: 02 01, 2006, 08:56: PM »

Seen those, but dang she wants a ton of $$$ for them.  $65 is a bit much, is she Ferengi?Huh

Kaz Son of Maktan

« Reply #7 on: 02 21, 2006, 05:01: PM »

There is a klingon gorget currently for sale on ebay. The seller's id is ladyoren1441.  She's asking for $45 as a "buy it now' I believe.

Ars Brevis Vita Brevis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: