Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:28: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  Klingon Community News
| | | |-+  London Terroist attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London Terroist attack  (Read 12651 times)
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 07 09, 2005, 06:32: AM »

Was any of the posting community near and or affected(not just sadened)
by what happen,be it body harm or friends,family,houses,ect.

« Last Edit: 07 11, 2005, 05:07: PM by tmk1000 » Logged

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #1 on: 07 09, 2005, 12:09: PM »

All relatively safe and completely sound in The Netherlands, no family or friends known in the vicinity.

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
K'Gor
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 07 09, 2005, 02:45: PM »

I have a freind in London, and he is a student, so I knew he was on his way to university at the time. I agonized all day wondering if he was dead or alive. Finally, the next morning, I got an e-mail from him telling me that he was indeed just getting off a bus at the time of the blasts. Fortunately, he was some distance away and was not harmed. He is quite shaken up though as you can imagine.

charghbej vIt

(The truth shall conquer)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 07 10, 2005, 06:24: AM »

Was any of the posting community near and or affected(not just sadened)
by what happen,be it body harm or friends,family,houses,ect.

Kahless help them
I agree with your sentiments as I understand them, zan tmk1000. But you must restate them. You confuse Kahless with an omnipresent, omnipotent benevolent force. Though he held great power during his lifetime and some adhere to his teachings after his death, he would not have been able to put such a situation right

And Klingon conquerors are not known to be helpful to others without expecting something in return, let alone for their benevolence.

I have vivid memories of Kings Cross being a hub of British transport where controlled chaos was the norm. I hate to think of what it must be now, the scene of such a one-sided battle...

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 07 10, 2005, 12:58: PM »

I Hate to See a Tragic Real World Event Get Confused by Klingon Semantics...

As to Londoneers, I Have Heard From the One Family that I am Close too in London and they are OK...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 07 10, 2005, 06:34: PM »

It is not a matter of semantics. Zan tmk1000 and I are in agreement on the issue, but he is misrepresenting it.

However, this is exactly the place to discuss Klingon semantics. I realize that Humans need to discuss tragic events in order to treat the wounded and rebuild, but there are far more appropriate places online to do this.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 10, 2005, 06:41: PM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 07 10, 2005, 11:27: PM »

In my opinion this is an appropriate place to discuss anything that effects or is of interest to those that post here. We have had non-klingon topics on here before. World tragedies have an unfortuneate tendancy to effect us all in different ways. I also think that a simple inquiry as to if any of our posters or our families were victims of such an event is never going to be out of place.

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly about Kahless being a) fictional and cool not capable of helping in this regard. I also can not help being reminded of my posts on Sto-vo-Kor, I think there is the same tendancy to confuse Kahless with God (or Jesus Christ) that there is to confuse Sto-vo-Kor with Heaven. While I do think that in most cases it is well intentioned (or at least not ill intentioned) it is still an out of place misrepresentation.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #7 on: 07 11, 2005, 05:06: PM »

You are right kesvirit, but if Kahless could have the same unifying effect on the terrens,then it is posable that this stuff would not have to happen and the ones that got hurt in the attack could die in battle not in going to work...That is what i meant,look at the klingons,they united and did battle with the galxey,not each other.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #8 on: 07 11, 2005, 10:31: PM »

Yes, but Kahless had help in that the Klingons were honorable and faced thier foes in battle, so there was common ground to unify them upon. Cowards who hide in the shadows and attack non-combatants from the shadows will never unify with anyone, least of all those they attack.

qoSagh qlIStIy
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #9 on: 07 12, 2005, 02:45: AM »

True.But look at the klingon,Fed,Romulan ali in the dominion war.Who would have thought that those powers would unite but they did

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #10 on: 07 12, 2005, 09:55: AM »

Just yesterday found out I did have a friend in the vicinity.
Thank qeylIS she is allright.

One might not ask Kahless for help in such a situation, but I do like to thank him for any good that remains or comes to me...

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #11 on: 07 12, 2005, 11:32: AM »

The truces between the Klingons, Federation and Romulan governments have never been true unity in the sense of Klingon unity after Molar. They have always been or at least proven to be temporary arrangements, that come and go as one side offends another. In the case of the Dominion War, there was a common enemy, which once defeated ceased to be a valid reason for cooperation. Remember that my enemy's enemy is not always my friend.

qoSagh qlIStIy
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #12 on: 07 12, 2005, 12:44: PM »

Remember that my enemy's enemy is not always my friend.
One's enemy's enemy has the potential of being one's ally for as long as one's enemy is one's enemy, and possibly after, depending on the success of the partnership, right?

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #13 on: 07 12, 2005, 02:51: PM »

n my opinion this is an appropriate place to discuss anything that effects or is of interest to those that post here. We have had non-klingon topics on here before. World tragedies have an unfortuneate tendancy to effect us all in different ways. I also think that a simple inquiry as to if any of our posters or our families were victims of such an event is never going to be out of place.
Then why do you not enquire after the well-being of posters and their families after  *other* bombs go off, as I am sure they do daily somewhere on Earth? Yes, some of our members are listed as being in the UK, but we do not know that posters do not join us from such areas where such violence as shown in the London bombings is closer to the norm. In my opinion, your concern appears to be highly selective.

You are right kesvirit, but if Kahless could have the same unifying effect on the terrens,then it is posable that this stuff would not have to happen and the ones that got hurt in the attack could die in battle not in going to work...That is what i meant,look at the klingons,they united and did battle with the galxey,not each other.
You make a good argument. Kahless united *some* Klingons, very long ago. But there have since been wars of attrition, Wars of Internal Dissention, purges, blood oaths, the civil war lead by House Duras... Klingons did and do continue to kill one another, in large numbers, under less-than-honorable circumstances.

Yes, but Kahless had help in that the Klingons were honorable and faced thier foes in battle, so there was common ground to unify them upon.

Unify them only *against* non-Klingons, but not *with* all other Klingons. The conspiring of powerful houses with the Romulans that resulted in the Praxis disaster was as much the doing of Klingons as Romulans.

-=- Kesvirit

qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #14 on: 07 13, 2005, 12:15: PM »

I do not inquire after victims of other attacks simply because it hadn't occured to me to do so here. Just as it hadn't occured to me to start this thread. I was merely commenting on the propriety of this thread. I suppose it could become a more generic one, although it would get cumbersome with the current world situation.

I do agree that there have been houses that allied themselves with outsiders against Klingons, but long after Kahless. Kahless was at a time when Klingons had yet to meet other races, so such trechery was not yet an option. I stand by the fact that Klingons unified by Kahless were at least generally speaking an honorable bunch. As for future traitors, well to paraphrase Forest Gump " DuraS is as DuraS does".

qoSagh qlIStIy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: