Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:26: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  Klingon News
| | |-+  Klingon Community News
| | | |-+  Ka'Min
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ka'Min  (Read 10646 times)
KAllen
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 05 18, 2005, 03:27: PM »

One of our warriors is in dire straits.  Ka'Min went to the hospital the other day w/ an irregular heartbeat.  He then apparently suffered some sort of attack and slipped into a coma.  As of now he is breathing on his own w/ a little help of the resperator.  They are going to put a shunt in him to allow his veins to free up (he's had IVs in both arms) and they are going to give him a brain scan as well.

He did stir some yesterday, during the DS9 episode where Worf and Dax start dating...ironically it was during the fight sceans he was stirring.  Now thats a true Klingon, stirring from a coma because of a battle!!!

Ka'Min was one of main ones in the newsletter thread and is on the IKV Melota located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 05 18, 2005, 09:57: PM »

It is a sorrow when one of our number is stricken, and I am heartened that the one is by his side as a comrade. Will you keep us updated as to his condition and prognosis? And Is there any way in which more far-flung Klinfolk may be of assistance?

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tilk

« Reply #2 on: 05 20, 2005, 12:29: AM »

Yes do. If there is anything we cn do? Maybe send cards of well being? If I have an address, I will be happy to make up a klingon card of courage and send it.
KAllen

« Reply #3 on: 05 20, 2005, 12:49: AM »

He did open his eyes for a few minutes yesterday.  The docs also discovered that he has a staph infection that he got before he went into the hospital.  They are currently giving him anti-boitics designed to kill the staph.

I will get an address for y'all to send stuff.  I am in touch with his ship as I too live about 300 miles from DFW area.

KAllen

« Reply #4 on: 05 21, 2005, 09:56: PM »

Any well-wishes and signs of support for Ka'Min can be mailed to the following address:

House Ka'Min
295 Dogwood Place
Plano, TX 75075

Last I heard he is still comatose but he did frown a bit when it was mentioned about cutting his hair around him. Pupils still dialated when a light was shined in it as well.  Because of the staph infection, he also has pneomonia (sp?).

I know Ka'Min is a fighter, and I hope beyond all else that he makes it through, I will enjoy battling him this October at my ships paintball event, The Venom War II.

Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #5 on: 05 22, 2005, 01:18: PM »

Ka'Min, Will Be In The Thoughts of those in the Library...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
KAllen

« Reply #6 on: 05 23, 2005, 01:55: PM »

Ka'Min update

He is having kidney trouble, due to the staph infection and possible antibiotics fighting it.  He is having REM (Rapid Eye Movement, not the crappy band).  He still opens his eyes and looks around a bit. Visually responds to outside stimuli (Klingon stuff having the most response), that and the teasing about cutting his hair & beard by a shipmate.

So Kahless willing, he will pull through this.  

Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #7 on: 05 29, 2005, 03:09: PM »

How is Ka'Min Doing These Days? (First I have had a Chance to Get online Recently)...

KAllen

« Reply #8 on: 05 29, 2005, 10:41: PM »

Ka'Min's vital functions are being maintained by his Brain Stem.  The scans are showing some higher brain activity but not enough. The doctors are saying that Ka'Min has only about a 10% chance of EVER regaining consciousness and even he wakes up there will most likely be some impairment.

Ka'Min's pulse and blood pressure are still good.  However, those around him are still maintaining the believe that he will pull through...as am I.  If their is a chance, I believe Ka'Min will fight to be with us...I have to avenge him shooting me last year at our paintball war.

Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #9 on: 05 30, 2005, 06:31: PM »

Has there Been any Definative Cause Associated with Ka'Mins' Condition?

How Old is this Warrior? (Not that this Point is Terribly Important, I am Mostly Curious)...

Are You Continueing the application of Star Trek Based Morale Thearapy?... I Hope So... A Few Years Back a Co-worker Became Very Sick With Cancer... She had Never Gotten into Trek Much, But I Gave her a Copy of 'The Final Reflection' to Read While in the Hospital... This Began a Brief Interaction about Star Trek and Klingon Fandom in General... And Although It would be Very "Hollywood" to be able to Say that this Some How was Part of Her Recovery, it was Not... She Did Eventually Pass... But it Definately DID Improve Her Spirits over all, and Allowed for Some Fairly Metaphysical Discussions to take Place before she did...

Not that this Falls into the Same Catagory, Just a Comment about How Trek has a way of Bringing People together...<Grin>...

In Any Event, The Library Continues to Keep You Folks in our Thoughts...

tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #10 on: 05 30, 2005, 10:57: PM »

I to hope that he will pull through..It is always sad to hear of a klinfolk geting sick  Sad

may he get better soon.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
KAllen

« Reply #11 on: 06 03, 2005, 01:31: PM »

the capt. of his ship made the following report about Ka'Min:

"I have just come from visiting Ka’Min.  I am amazed at the remarkable difference I observed!  While I was there, his eyes were open most of the time.  At times, when I was talking to him, it seemed to me that he was focusing / concentrating on what I was saying!  He would move his eyes to other parts of the room.  There were several responses to stimuli!  When Rose(his wife) told him she was leaving, he definitely did not want her to go!  At one point, I thought I even saw his facial expression change just a slight amount. He would squeeze a hand and several times he postured."

"My impression is that he IS there, trying to come through to us.  The difference in his “presence” was truly amazing!  He is exhibiting a great deal more activity than a week ago."

That report was made by his ship's capt. Qel'ogh'wI of the IKV Melota  

tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #12 on: 06 03, 2005, 04:57: PM »

That is very good to hear!Maybe he will be able to somewhat pull out and be able to get some enjoyment out of things.hopefully...
But he was able to stay awake??

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

KAllen

« Reply #13 on: 09 03, 2005, 02:38: PM »

It is w/ a heavy heart that I report that the great warrior Ka'Min has passed on to the Halls of Sto-Vo-Cor.  Ka'Min (Efrain in RL) died Friday morning from complications of his coma.

I will miss him greatly. 

Send a death howl for our departed brother, Ka'Min.

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #14 on: 09 09, 2005, 02:05: AM »

I regret being so long in reading this post in our hurry to get the new Forum software up and running...

How fares Ka’Min’s family? Has any sort of memorial fund been established, perhaps by his house or ship, to which concerned Klinfolk may contribute?

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
KAllen

« Reply #15 on: 09 09, 2005, 10:24: PM »

You could send any contributions or condolences to the address in a previous post.  He will be rememberd and officially howled for at the Rogue Squadron bat'letH Tourney this weekend, and again at the upcoming Venom War II iin October.

tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #16 on: 09 10, 2005, 12:59: AM »

Yes VERY sad.
I can't say i knew him well but he will be missed

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #17 on: 09 10, 2005, 05:16: AM »

Thank you for keeping us informed, KAllen. You do honor to your comrade.

-=- Kesvirit

Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #18 on: 09 11, 2005, 09:20: PM »

I was already Up at Dragon Con by the 3rd so I missed this Note until Now... But The Library will Toast The Fallen at the Next Meeting!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: