Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
02 25, 2018, 05:47: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11896 Posts in 1665 Topics by 691 Members
Latest Member: jackusopiffeza
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Ceremonies, Rituals & Traditions
| | |-+  Warriors’ Rites & Traditions
| | | |-+  the right of judgement by warrior
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the right of judgement by warrior  (Read 5874 times)
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 04 24, 2005, 01:12: AM »

As part of my klingon fiction, The imperial watch are like "police" of the empire.
If any klingon or Alien, that is suspected or found to be guilty of an act that may be found to be treason against ther empire or one that will remove the honor from that person, that person can demand judgement by warrior.

This means that the warrior in question will challenge the arresting watch warrior to do battle to the death. If the criminal is killed, then all debts are deems settled in the eyes of the empire. If he survives and defeats the watch warrior.... he gets a reprieve.

thats why the imperail watch warriors are known to be umong the best fighters of the empire.

This may already be established practise, please remember I am trying to create exciting fiction with a justise system that is some what removed from earth law.

thoughts/ comments?
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #1 on: 05 07, 2005, 07:21: PM »

Let's see if I read this right:

You are on a Klingon world
You commit a crime against the Empire
You get arrested but can ask for a fight to the death as a trial?

Sounds interesting...

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #2 on: 05 08, 2005, 04:47: AM »

yes. If it is the watch that arrests you, and you are indeed a warrior, klingon or alien to the empire, you may ask for judgement by warrior.
This is only superceeded if the empire has a greater need for you alive. then you are taken back to the imperial watch council for judgement.

this is general draft for my klingon fiction.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 05 08, 2005, 05:14: PM »

I suppose this would be a personal prefferance, but I would htink that a Klingon criminal, having been approached by any military/law enforcement unit would rather fight to the death than stand trial. I know we have seen Klingon courts, and trials so not everyone chooses this option, but I would think it would be more previlant than we think of it.

If it is a crime of honor, the only choice would be death, either you are vindicated or die. To live with that dishonor, would have multigenerational repercussions, regardless of if you were in prision or running around free.

I am not sure that the right to such combat is all that dependant on what unit makes the arrest. Although in the case of the Watch, I think there would be a certain status to having bested one of thier members in combat, so I think the choice is clearly leaning on the side of battle.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #4 on: 05 14, 2005, 09:18: PM »

Well... We Have Seen How Effective "Klingon Lawyers" Are...<Smirk>... So This Could Go Along way towards Explaining why So Many Disputes are Settled by Personal Combat .. As far as the Watch Goes, Those Warriors Better Be Tough, if The Lost Honor of A Klingon, (The Hallmark of the Culture), can be "Won" back by Defeating one... If it was That Simple Worf Could have Avoided a lot of Heartache...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: