Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
01 19, 2018, 01:41: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Props, Accessories & Footwear
| | | |-+  Klingon wooden weapons and costumes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon wooden weapons and costumes  (Read 10469 times)
KahLeth
Newcomer

« on: 03 08, 2005, 01:19: AM »

originally posted on 23-9-2002 at 09:33

I make wooden replicas of Klingon weapons, and costume accesories. If you need something, let me know, and I will see what I can do for you.
« Last Edit: 03 08, 2005, 01:25: AM by KahLeth » Logged
KahLeth
Newcomer

« Reply #1 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:27: AM »

originally posted on 29-9-2002 at 18:20

Wood BatLeth

I make mine from 3/4 inch 5 ply plywood. When finished, it would weigh about 5 pounds, and is very comfortable to handle.
Would you want the insides of the handles towards the center squared like the tournament BatLeth, or rounded like the TV version? I use a router to ensure all edges are rounded, and I wrap the handles in vinyl. The cost would be $32.00, including 2-3 day priority shipping.

Let me know what you want, knowing this.

Qa'Pla
Ka'Leth
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:30: AM »

originally posted on 10-12-2002 at 15:59

Wood[sic] not a wooden costume be uncomfortable? Wood it not restrict your movement, leaving you unable to deal with your opponents effectively?
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #3 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:33: AM »

originally posted on 11-12-2002 at 00:59

Originally posted by Klythe
Wood[sic] not a wooden costume be uncomfortable? Wood it not restrict your movement, leaving you unable to deal with your opponents effectively?
:lol: I think someone has inhaled too many burnt dilithium fumes. Zan Klythe, report to the medical facility for aerosol therapy immediately. As in before your next combat lesson.

- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #4 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:35: AM »

originally posted on 11-12-2002 at 14:15

How many fumes are too many? You are too much ! So I will report to medical before I hurt somebody with my humourous parsings of the flawed terran language called " 'InglIS "... or before somebody hurts me...
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #5 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:38: AM »

originally posted on 13-12-2002 at 23:07

'InglIS under the influence

quoth Klythe How many fumes are too many?
Well, everyone has their own individual tolerance levels when it comes to toxins, but...

You are too much !
Too much of what?

So I will report to medical before I hurt somebody with my humourous parsings of the flawed terran language called " 'InglIS "... or before somebody hurts me...
Just concerned about your possible current, er, state, and would like to keep you out of harm's way until you are once again able to do so yourself. We can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way (I vote for the hard way >:-) I would hate to see you take a header down an open maintenance hatch, or mistake the tactics board for a video game, or your CO for the targ you had as a child.

Besides, "'InglIS" can be a dangerous weapon, even if it does consist solely of words. It is difficult to aim and too easy to shoot one's self with even with all of one's faculties intact, and I would just as soon keep it out of your hands until you've sobered up.

- Kesvirit, your friendly neighborhood back (and periodic backside) watcher

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Angilla
Novice

« Reply #6 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:42: AM »

originally posted on 5-2-2003 at 13:03

batleH

I'm also looking for a batleH... I was looking on ebay but they're all sharp blades. :unsure: I'm just looking for something to practice with. I hope to find other Klingons around here in NY and if I do, I'd like a batleH that could take a few impacts. Wink
maQmIgh
Novice

« Reply #7 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:44: AM »

originally posted on 6-2-2003 at 11:43

You guys have equipment?Huh? Wow, i did not know that people were so into this. Im also based here in NY and after looking around / talking to people i cannot find a con or anything.
Angilla
Novice

« Reply #8 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:45: AM »

originally posted on 6-2-2003 at 19:17

Hey, another New Yorker woohoo! I'm on Long Island, in Suffolk County. I wonder how many other Klingon fans we have around here in the Island area... the battleH (still wondering about the spelling on that) is my favourite weapon of them all.
ngabwI
Senior Courier

« Reply #9 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:55: AM »

originally posted on 26-3-2003 at 16:05

Correct Spelling of the sword thingy you want.

Originally posted by Angilla
... the battleH (still wondering about the spelling on that)
According to The Klingon Dictionary AND Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, the spelling you are looking for is {betleH}.

Just thought I could help

03/26/2003 19:04
HovpoH 699834.2

jatlh Huch, 'ach bom yuch!
"Money talks, but chocolate sings!"
kratnor
Scribe

« Reply #10 on: 03 08, 2005, 01:58: AM »

originally posted on 26-3-2003 at 21:11

klingon wooden weapons and costumes

Members of our House have constructed practice betleH out of PVC or any plastic tubing, padding it thickly and (duct) taping it solidly. Wood tends to break, especially cut out plywood.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: