Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:19: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Science Lab
| | |-+  Klingon Technology and Engineering
| | | |-+  Birds-of-Prey-New or Old?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Birds-of-Prey-New or Old?  (Read 9487 times)
Tereth_of_the_House_of_Kreg
Novice

« on: 02 27, 2005, 06:09: AM »

Do you like the traditional TOS Movie-TNG-DS9-VOY BoPs better or the Enterprise ones?
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 02 27, 2005, 07:21: PM »

I haven't seen to many of the Enterprise ones, but I do think they are a better representation o an older version of a ship, than the NX-01 is. I can see where the boxylooking fronts gave was to the curved ones, alot better than trying to imagine hw the NX-01 became the 1701 Enterprise when it looks more like the Reliant and the later 1701-A era ships.

I of course would like to see more D-7 battlecruisers but they have always been and probably alwayswill be what I think of when someone says Klingon Ship.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #2 on: 03 03, 2005, 07:08: AM »

hows this, there IS a klingon god. I walked into a Toys R us the other day, and there were14 AMT 1995 BOP models stiiting on the self. I asked the lady had they been re-released, She said that it was lost stock that they had put on the shelf to clear.
I bought the lot. Now I have 25 BOP models. It still isnt enough.
KAllen

« Reply #3 on: 03 03, 2005, 01:52: PM »

The main Klingon battle cruisers in "Enterprise" are called the D-5 Battle Cruiser (at least by Enterprise crew).  The ones from TOS were the D-7, later upgraded to K'T'inga for movies early TNG.

I for one think its pretty cool to see the "old school" Klingon ships because you see the progression from "what we have known" to "what was".  

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
Lord Koroth
Novice

« Reply #4 on: 03 19, 2005, 07:12: PM »

Quote:"I bought the lot. Now I have 25 BOP models. It still isnt enough. "

Wow! Some one is building their own fleet! Maj'ka!(excellent!)
« Last Edit: 03 20, 2005, 04:09: AM by Lord Koroth » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #5 on: 03 20, 2005, 02:42: AM »

Now I have 25 BOP models. It still isnt enough.
Wow! Some one is building their own fleet!
Indeed. And he does not bother to conceal his growing fleet, but announces its existance on all frequencies to make sure that everyone knows of it.
It makes one wonder what young tilk is up to.
::Resolves to watch tilk very, very carefully.::

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #6 on: 03 20, 2005, 05:58: AM »

ive always liked the BOP from TNG, especially the Kovort, you have to admire puer fire power such as that.  cool  
tilk

« Reply #7 on: 03 31, 2005, 03:32: PM »

my fav is the traditional BOP from star trek 3, 4.
I have a great delema at present. I have the technical diagrams, close ups of the BOP landing, but the ERT model doesnt really accomodate landing gear doors. So i may have to modify my film sceen to not have the doors open up and deploy the gear.
I have sketched up a draft for designing the landing gear, but I may just screw them on for the scene.
I have how eveer machines LEDs down to fit as nav lights and have installed four lights into the wings. These give off HUGE light. I am currently planning a scene where the BOP goes into a large cavern/ cave, and its lights trun on, and it and the cave lights up.
I have almost perfected a servo driven banking control that allows me to bank the BOP up to 60 degrees, for certain blue screen shots.
I have dome some test filming of the BOP in the dark with the lights on, and in my opinon, its something that you cant capture on CGI.
I have the first script almost written, and a second one (involving the KAZON) conceptualized.  
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #8 on: 04 18, 2005, 06:28: PM »

My Only Real Comments here would be that:

1) I am Not So Impressed by the Look of the Vorch'a Class Ships... (They Look Kinda Cardassian to me)...

2) In the Arbitrary Early Days of TOS Model Building, I am Glad that the Klingon Ships are Pretty Kewl Looking, Especially In Comparison to the TOS Romulan Ships which were Just Plain Ugly!

AND

3) I Really Do Like the Basic Look of the Updated D-7.
« Last Edit: 04 18, 2005, 06:28: PM by Abbot Nej vIt » Logged

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
maq'mang
Courier

« Reply #9 on: 04 22, 2005, 09:45: AM »

Do you like the traditional TOS Movie-TNG-DS9-VOY BoPs better or the Enterprise ones?
I currently fly a Bird of Destriuction Light Cruiser of Lorenssith Shipworks.
The design is based upon the original Bird of Destruction, the IKV D'k'Tagh. The new design houses a crew of 450. This ship features boom ridge ablative armor, twin Type 12 disruptor cannons and carries 25 single pilot fighters. In addition to a triple redundant computer system.

http://www.honorsblade.org/taj_batlhFrame.htm

Capt. Maq'mang vestaI Veska aka Michael Scott Witty
Member of The Empire, 'ampaS tlhIngan Dean
High Council, House Veska
Commanding Officer IKV Honor's Blade, Black Targ Primus
ShinRa
Senior Courier

Mad? Madmen get the job done.

« Reply #10 on: 05 09, 2008, 11:28: AM »

Old (Enterprise) Bird of Prey is a hotrod imo ;] it's a bit crude, it's sleek Wink..it just looks like it's meant to go fast.

[Edit -- deleted yanked hotlinked image]
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2008, 07:44: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #11 on: 05 09, 2008, 05:06: PM »

1) I am Not So Impressed by the Look of the Vorch'a Class Ships... (They Look Kinda Cardassian to me)...
Then I must be Cardassian... I do like the sleekness of the vor'cha...
I never really cared much for the roundness of the BoPs

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
ShinRa
Senior Courier

Mad? Madmen get the job done.

« Reply #12 on: 05 09, 2008, 06:57: PM »

I'm sure the Klingons and Cardassians having trade links isn't out of the question, especially pre-dominion war.
K'Voth
Senior Courier

« Reply #13 on: 08 06, 2008, 02:17: PM »

(Sorry if this post comes up a few times, i am having a little trouble with my Internet connection)

My preferance would be towards the newer ships, I think that they hold design ques from the older ships but are stronger. The K'Vort class being my favorite. Although i do have a question, was it an example of the B'Rel class that the Enterprise forced to cloak then destroyed?

Captain K'Voth
IKS Praxis Ascendant
Federation/Klingon RRF
D'Ghor epetai-Darj
Courier

Line Lord of House Darj

« Reply #14 on: 08 15, 2008, 03:25: PM »

Although I do enjoy the TOS D-7 and the BoP but I am Klingon and I do find myself attracted to the Vorcha class just because of the sheer POWER.

For looks I tend to lean towards the BoP model, for classic style and pride I would go for the D-7 but for the sheer lust for power I would go for the Vorcha. By Kahless I like them all!

Sogh D'Ghor vestai-Darj
CO IKV SuvwI'po' (Skilled Warriors)
KAG Stormrider Fleet Quartermaster
Ship's Website
KAllen

« Reply #15 on: 08 27, 2008, 02:47: PM »

Of course the Raptor class vessel (from Enterprise) was pretty darn cool as well.  I think somebody made a resin model of it for sale, but not sure. 

Then, if you want all the unnessary power that Klingon's deserve, there is always the Negh'Var class.

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
torqey

An honorless klingon is like a profitless ferengi!

« Reply #16 on: 04 06, 2009, 07:28: AM »

hows this, there IS a klingon god. I walked into a Toys R us the other day, and there were14 AMT 1995 BOP models stiiting on the self. I asked the lady had they been re-released, She said that it was lost stock that they had put on the shelf to clear.
I bought the lot. Now I have 25 BOP models. It still isnt enough.
I really envy you. Aside from some Star Trek books, rare misc. Star Trek video games and a really cheap used Star Trek junk sale in a mall, Star Trek is just a memory where I live...it's as if Star Trek never existed, and George Lucas' evil plot to take over the world with his Star Wars [          ] is succeeding...I'd never be able to find Star Trek BoPs in a store or a dumpster or ANYWHERE!! Sad Cry

ANYWAY...to answer the original post, I probably like DS9's BoPs though I haven't seen very many enterprises (only like 3 or 4) so I can't be sure...
« Last Edit: 04 13, 2009, 06:30: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

3 Jem'Hadar battle cruisers? No problem. A tribble on the bridge? Call for backup and send your strongest warriors.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #17 on: 06 28, 2009, 02:27: PM »

Aside from some Star Trek books, rare misc. Star Trek video games and a really cheap used Star Trek junk sale in a mall, Star Trek is just a memory where I live...it's as if Star Trek never existed, and George Lucas' evil plot to take over the world with his Star Wars [          ] is succeeding...I'd never be able to find Star Trek BoPs in a store or a dumpster or ANYWHERE!! Sad Cry

I too have been saddened by the lack of Klingon toys out there. But the worst is whenm something does come out I often do not find out about it until it is gone and impossible to get any more... At least not at retail prices. Examples being Art Asylum, and Johnny Lightening products over the past few years...

And just to get this back on topic a little bit, I have been hoping for JL to release a BoP at some point, and my first choice is in the style of ST: III & IV, or the "Baby Bird" as it were...

maj! {Good}...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: