Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:20: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Klingons on Television
| | | |-+  Vindication
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vindication  (Read 6546 times)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« on: 02 19, 2005, 07:18: PM »

I am optomistic about the Klingon two parter that started on Enterprise last night. As has been posted in the Ridges topic of the Science section, Paraborg is going to try and explain why some Klingons have ridges and some do not. For Klingons of my generation it was all about fusions. For Klingons of a slightly younger generations it was a view screen malfunction (that aparently carried over to live meetings) Then there were the various tribble theories, which I just can't stomach.

So far with part 1 being aired, it looks like a reasonable explanation, that leans toward FASA. My main complaint of the episode was that the much heralded Klingon plot was only one of three sub plots, one being a love story and one dealing with a new human starship being launched. The Klingon material was good, and gave us some interesting insights into Klingon medical practice and how it is viewed in the empire, or at least by the warrior caste.

I'm not sure if this has aired everywhere, so I am trying not to spoil last nights episode, but I can't help but feel slightly vindicated in thier explanation. With what I saw in part 1, it fits with FASA, but also with canon, and even goes a bit of the way to explaining why we don't see any more of the "other" Klingons anymore. I have a feeling tht they will offer an explanation as to how some older Klignons got thier ridges back in next weeks conclusion.

Of course there is also the nagging feeling that next week will scuttle my optomisism. Of course the Star Trek we all know and love is a product of the same studio we often trash, but that critisism is often well deserved. On the one hand I am looking forward to next week, but on the otherhand I am cautious about how paraborg will ruin thier own good work.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 02 26, 2005, 02:26: AM »

Part two just ended. They didn't call them fusions, but thats exactly what they are. They did offer the explanation of how they came to prominence in the Empire, and also how they got thier ridges back. While they did not scuttle my optomism, one good story line does not redeem a bad series. At least there were no mention of tribbles of view screens. The exlanation fit well with what most fans have speculated on for years.

Although they didn't call it such, there was also an explanation for open family lines which included both Imperial and Fusion members. So overall it was a good attempt at an explanation, and while FASA has not returned to Paracanon, it has at least been restored in its value as a reference tool.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #2 on: 07 03, 2005, 03:43: PM »

You Know, I Have Not Watched Enterprise Since the End of Season 1, so I have Seen Little of the klingon Development of the Series... But I have Said it Before and I'll Say it Again, I would Love For Paramount to Release a "Klingon" Kolection of DVD's with ALL Klingon Episodes of all of the various Trek Series Put into Kronological order... It Would be a Great Seller for Fans anyway...<Grin>...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: