Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 05:12: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Game Room
| | |-+  RPGs and Sims
| | | |-+  Forum based RP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum based RP  (Read 16813 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #25 on: 03 09, 2005, 04:15: AM »

A possibility, but in my opinion a remote one.  It is likely that dynastic shifts caused the Imperial City to change periodically.  But as increased industrialism and specialization became more widespread and ever closer to the norm, it would be more difficult to pack up and move the power base and administrative machinery of a Capital City, let alone a Capital Planet.

But we are not here to clean up after sloppy, ignorant production teams who cannot keep their own stories straight, let alone keep their heads out of their own {Sa'HutDu’}*. We are here to write the best game we can.#

quoth Kesv: - : I forsee a rerun of the sacking of Europe by various Goths after the fall of Rome.

quoth Klythe: I can just see a bunch of 'medieval screwheads' fighting over the limited supply of purple and red hair dyes, black clothing and body piercings present in the roman loot...
*guffaw* At least they had their priorities straight.

Klythe: We can all agree that no other intelligent life besides Klingons (and possibly scattered groups of Hur'q who were marooned).
Does this require someone to write up a NPC guideline/summary of these potential Hur’q for purposes of the game?

Klythe: This is sounding better and better all the time. Is there any reason whe shouldn't pick this time?
I am game. *rimshot* Other prospective participants? SoplaHtahwI’/tmk1000/qoSagh/Warfina/ Huh

-=- Kesvirit

*backsides
#Note: The preceeding views are those of the individual poster and do not necessarily reflect those of the management.

[Edit -- cleaned up a mess of spelling errors]
« Last Edit: 03 13, 2005, 12:32: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #26 on: 03 09, 2005, 11:03: AM »

It's been a while that I did RP, but I am game three...

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #27 on: 03 09, 2005, 07:55: PM »

It's been a while that I did RP, but I am game three...
Yea me to.But I would also be game to join.
Just tell me were.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #28 on: 03 10, 2005, 03:34: AM »

Agreed that we are here to make the game not fix the holes in Paracanon. That would take a team of repairment several lifetimes at best, I think.

A quick look at my favorite Klingon reference tool shows Kahless stepping down in the year 822, no listing until 1372 when the Hur'q arrive, then first contact with the romulans in 2050. So there seems to be much room for us to tell our story.

Interestingly enough, there was very little mention of the Hur'q and none at all of the Karsid. Anyone know when the occupation ended?

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #29 on: 03 10, 2005, 05:44: AM »

I just thought of something.Who would play the part of Emporer/Empress/chancellor?Would it be some player?Or just someone that EVERYBODY could through around?Like'chancellor Tmk thought hard'
OR free for all the chancellor not being someone but a figment of the story.
One that anyone who wanted to could move and control.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #30 on: 03 10, 2005, 12:35: PM »

I just thought of something.Who would play the part of Emporer/Empress/chancellor?Would it be some player?Or just someone that EVERYBODY could through around?Like'chancellor Tmk thought hard'
OR free for all the chancellor not being someone but a figment of the story.
One that anyone who wanted to could move and control.
I think either one person is the chancellor or it is a so-called NPC (non-playing character). It is not a role that should be passed from player to player...

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #31 on: 03 10, 2005, 12:51: PM »

The need for that role is entirely dependant on the scenario. I personally favor NPC leaders like that, but that could be a problem if there is alot of story involvement for the character. Of course time period will dictate the needs for an Emperor, a Chancellor or both. I think in the immediate post Hur'q the job might just be up for grabs. Might not the Hur'q have executed the royal family to help prevent uprisings? If they are alive, might not there be some Klingons who felt they failed to protect against invasion and should be replaced? Might there be some who want to return to the old pre-unification ways?

Then again a few years post Hur'q and there would likely be a head of state (from what we know it was an Emperor) but perhaps there were other forms of government tried out before the return to the crown. I found conflicting timelines between FASA and Paraborg as to when the last Emperor served, but both timelines have this well after the dawn of the Klingon spaceage.

I would think that while the Empire was rebuilding, there would be much pushing and pulling for position in the new government. BUt then again, our story may not even deal with events in the Capital except as an aside. So lets just pick a timeline and a scenario and start playing. Then we see what happens.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #32 on: 03 12, 2005, 05:41: AM »

I am also in favor of the NPC.But on the flip side it might be hard if everyone and anyone could play Boss man and not just one.

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #33 on: 03 13, 2005, 12:29: AM »

Usually the GM writes or delegates such NPC’s; if it becomes necessary for such a character to be played, I believe that would fall to first-round GM Klythe to either play or delegate such a character. I have been in contact with zan Klythe -- he has been assigned to a very demanding project involving his {yInqo’na’}* posting, and will check in as soon as he is able about game specifics and character construction.

it might be hard if everyone and anyone could play Boss man and not just one.
Klingling, I would have thought you had spent enough time on these boards by now to know better than to assume that any Boss would by default be a man. }}>:-(

-=- Kesvirit

*Real Life
« Last Edit: 03 13, 2005, 12:33: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #34 on: 03 13, 2005, 06:31: AM »

"HIvqa' veqlargh"
Klingling, I would have thought you had spent enough time on these boards by now to know better than to assume that any Boss would by default be a man.
Yea i 'type'before i think*promptly inserts foot into mouth(Keybord)*
I think Zan Klythe I just the person for the job...

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #35 on: 03 13, 2005, 07:11: PM »

Yep, I busy.  I'll make this short.  I'm working on cleaning up one of my old character bios and  adjusting it so it will make a better template for a Klingon only RP.   The lack of a clear encumbant or successor is another benefit to the immediate post Hur'q setting, although, I would have no problems with playing the soon-to-be-former leader of the Klingons.

Hmmm...  I have different dates than qoSagh
995- Kahless bogs off
1329-  Hur'q invasion
1432/3- Hur'q Overthrown

The Kharsid invasion was dated at around 1907, but that is far to late to fit with the Neotrek timelime(Kharsids where posited back inby Barbara Hambly in her 1985 "Here Come The Brides" crossover book "Ismael").  I don't think their domination method would have been very effective aganst Klingons especially not that late...  But that is a matter for another thread  (If someone else wants to start it).

The actual dates don't matter.  We can start the RP  from the day it is clear that the Hur'q are defeated.   There still will be some remaining battles to fight, but their rule is clearly at an end, and the power vacuum is at its strongest, pulling in any who would consider leading the Klingon people.
« Last Edit: 03 13, 2005, 07:13: PM by Klythe » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: