Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 13, 2017, 01:28: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Remember We are KLINGONS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remember We are KLINGONS  (Read 8730 times)
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« on: 01 17, 2005, 10:54: AM »

You know, yes I am new, I am unlearned in the ways of klingons? Maybe not. Am I a Klingon at heart? YES!
You must ask yourself, "What about my fellow klingon, do I quarrel with him or do I stand by his side?
It is my passion at present to present some sort of media to Paramount, to anyone. I am planning it, it will be great. Am I great? NO! But I am klingon at heart, and so I have been for many years. Am I learned in the way of klingon? Not so much, but never the less, we as klingons must embrace all that beats in the heart of the warrior, to guide him on his journey to Stovokor.
Remember this, as the numbers of our bretheren may dwindle, what do we do as warriors to face the future, to make our hearts beat as one? We FIGHT!!
So I am very serious about making this film. I will impress upon Paramount to ponder the thought of a KLINGON movie/ series. I will fight the fight, and see it to the end.
I just hope my fellow klingon will not faulter but will stand by my side.
« Last Edit: 02 09, 2005, 04:08: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 02 03, 2005, 02:34: AM »

I would like to think that noone here has forgotten we are Klingon, that would be disasterous. While I would like to see a more Klingon media outlet, I have no confidence that Paraborg would be able to do it well if at all. I remember reading somewhere that the reason that Star Trek features very few aliens that really looked alien was due to budget constraints. That being the case, think of what it would cost to do a show ehere nearly everyone (including extras) wore prosthetics. Glorious to see, but it would almost have to be a one shot deal.

As for producing something yourself, a fan film of sorts, I have to say that is a very interesting proposition. I have seen some really well done fan films, but one thing is that they are labors of love. The other thing is that they kind of need at least the unofficial support of the studio. While Paraborg would never actually authorize such a project, they have to at a minimum ignore it or at least not try to shut it down. We have all heard the horror stories of cease and desist letters and confiscated dealers tables.

Still I am interested in any fan produced Klingon project, simply because it sounds like a blast.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #2 on: 02 06, 2005, 06:39: PM »

Still I am interested in any fan produced Klingon project, simply because it sounds like a blast.
{tlhIngan maHbej}!!!
Ofcourse we are Klingons!

I've seen several projects with Klingons featuring, but a full episode-length production I have not seen.
If anyone knows of such a project and a way to get it on- or offline, I'd be interested.
Sadly I live far from the USA and my credit card has seized existance...
on-line would be best, therefor...

As qoSagh, I am interested in (the end-product) of any fan-based Klingon-production. cool  

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
tmk1000
Old Guard

« Reply #3 on: 02 07, 2005, 01:14: AM »

{naDev tlhInganpu' tu'lu' }
There are Klingons around here
I too would like to see a Klingon short film.But it would be hard to make and for it to look reasonably good.That said it would have quite a few fans(namly this board) >>>:->

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
tilk

« Reply #4 on: 02 07, 2005, 09:44: AM »

wow, thats great. Thanks. I have not seen any klingon short films, but it is great that they exist(sorry I kinda repeated myself in another discussion regarding the film).
I am still excited about the prospect. You are right, it will be a labour of love, there are not many Klingons in Australia( that I know of) but I have friends that are interested, and this nice(but feared) Klingon in the US called Nouri Kemat. I feel very positive.
I hope I can get help here for translations and feed back. I would like for all who would like to, to be involved.
I haave order two head pieces makeup kits. I have heard they are not so good, But I will take a look. I will also have a crack at moulding my own. This nice (but feared) lady gidar? has posted heaps of good stuff on the internet.
I am an engineer, and have alot of resources at my disposal for machining, I will do lighting for sets/ models.
So anyway. I will keep you all informed if you like on how it progresses.

SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #5 on: 02 07, 2005, 04:46: PM »

{naDev tlhInganpu' tu'lu' }
There are Klingons around here
I too would like to see a Klingon short film.But it would be hard to make and for it to look reasonably good.That said it would have quite a few fans(namly this board) >>>:->
As I am, with permission, distributing more of KlengInem's material, so I will distribute any filmic material I can find/download.

I'll make sure even non-Klingons will see what we do with the little original material Paraborg gives us.

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 02 08, 2005, 12:35: AM »

The only Klingon short films I have seen have been comedy ones, while I would never say that someone elses art is not art, these are not my tastes. The Klingon Thelma & Louise was funny, but not what I look for in such a project. I have often thought of writing a Shakesperian type tragedy set in the Klingon Empire. Of course the idea of a Klingon Opera is a natural, but one either has to do alot of translation or make up a lot of nonsense words under the guise of an Ancient Dialect.

I have seen a trailer for a really well done Star Wars fan film, and heard good things about a Batman short I have yet to see. Based on these the ability is out there somewhere for us, as Klignon fans, to achieve alot.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #7 on: 02 08, 2005, 01:01: AM »

I have seen a trailer for a really well done Star Wars fan film, and heard good things about a Batman short I have yet to see. Based on these the ability is out there somewhere for us, as Klignon fans, to achieve alot.
Although it isn't live-action, the lego-inspired short animation by Ter'eS looks very good and the TOS-completing project "Star Trek:New Voyages", although not Klingon is commendable.

I surely hope Tilk achieves his goals and offer any help I can give.

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
tilk

« Reply #8 on: 02 09, 2005, 12:11: PM »

Thank you all very much. I will definitely call on help. I will give you the blurb.
At present, this is my rough script/ plot. It is a serious action. Set in the klingon empire, there are a squad of klingons called "the watch". The are the internal defenders of the empire. They have a bird of prey. They are a small, bonded group of klingons, respected and feared, seasoned warriors. Anyway, it all starts with the intro space scene (models not CGI), they stop some smugglers (into action scene), are called to a Klingon star base to be briefed on an alien that has re-emerged/ been uncovered/ invaded klingon village, they are sent to deal with it.
Thats the very short version. There will be space, a city/ Klingon space port, landing BOP, lots of flying, BatLeth/ knife fight scenes....
At present I am writing the scenes, learning chromakeying, mould body parts, buying a lot of different scaled Klingon models. I bought a batleth, I am getting a local engineering firm that does alot of business for me to draw and laser cut a few full size KahLess batleths, and regular batLeths, started costume layouts/ robes...
I need to story board, film scenes... So don't expect it soon, I expect 12 months. I will build model villages, cities, (would like as much klingon architecture as I can get, or will construct it from pictures I have, regular klingon houses, cities.)
I never understood why the fan films I have seen, mok star trek, try to be funny. This one won't be. It will have the same tone as the novel "Kahless" that's a cool book.
Anyway thanks. Also how do you write, and how would you say "the watch" in Klingon?
« Last Edit: 02 09, 2005, 08:38: PM by Ambassador Lady K'Zin » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: