Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 06:35: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Please check the back of your storage locker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please check the back of your storage locker  (Read 8562 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 01 13, 2004, 04:19: PM »

You may have noticed while reading through various threads that "The rest of this post/thread was eaten by hungry spiderbots."

I'm looking for old posts, threads, notes on thread topics, etc., from before The Crash that we were not able to salvage from the Google cache system. Does anyone still have such things, perhaps hiding or forgotten on your hard drive or back-up CD? If so, would you please email me at: kesvirit at klingon dot org? I think I can add/incorporate the material back into it into the relevant threads, or use it as a starter post of its own.  I will of course credit anything usable to your name and post count.

Thanks to T'Vala for the idea. }}: )

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2007, 01:32: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 03 13, 2004, 09:53: PM »

Integrating missing posts into existing threads is proving to be more difficult than I thought. (Witness the Who speaks how much tlhIngan Hol? thread, where the last post should fall two above the last.)  No matter how I split the thread in order to recombine it, the Forum software will only list the constituent posts in the order in which they were originally entered.

I will search for a hack to get around this. In the meantime, I would still appreciate your sending me any pre-Crash material you may have.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 03 14, 2004, 10:52: PM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 03 03, 2005, 07:16: AM »

I recently found a cache of pre-moderated, pre-split Forum threads from before the Crash of Aug 2003 in a most unexpected place.  I have contacted the extant Forum members involved, and am pleased that temporary passwords continue to roll in.  I plan to enter them this Sunday evening (Pacific time) and hope they will serve as thread upon which others can.  I wil enter posts for those members from whom I have not heard back by Sunday with a temporary password under my account and adjust post counts accordingly.

Now. Go read about the Klingon Avatar Design Challenge if you have not already done so.

-=- Kesvirit

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: