Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:44: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Chat times?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat times?  (Read 115933 times)
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #75 on: 05 18, 2006, 10:29: AM »

The usual time would be May Saturday 20th at 10pm UTC / 3pm PDC / 8am (Sunday) Sydney Time.   
      Although it's soundling like there is a lot of interest for this...   So how about we plan for this weekend , and if lots of people show up we can do it again next weekend too.

Sorry, I messed up with that last post - I hit the post button instead of the preview button.  then  after I reposted this I remembered that I can modify posts, and guess what?  theres a delete button as well, so I think I have sorted out my earlier error and if it has deleted correctly then youre probably wondering what I'm rambling on about.  Never mind, I will do better next time.

What I was trying to ask, was whether the chat on May 20th is going ahead or not?

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #76 on: 05 18, 2006, 05:11: PM »

If'n you want it to.  As Kesvirit said I'm still having problems getting kicked out of the chatroom even when I can connect to it.  I'll do my best, to join in but it's not looking good.

How would you all feel if we moved the chat to AOL Instant Messenger?  They have a java version called AIM Express which basically supports the same kinds of computers that the KIF Chat room does.  The only downside is that you have to register an account with an evil corporation.  But it's free... And I don't think you actaully have to use your actual information...  <.<    >.>  ^.^
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #77 on: 05 18, 2006, 05:36: PM »

If'n you want it to. As Kesvirit said I'm still having problems getting kicked out of the chatroom even when I can connect to it. I'll do my best, to join in but it's not looking good.

How would you all feel if we moved the chat to AOL Instant Messenger? They have a java version called AIM Express which basically supports the same kinds of computers that the KIF Chat room does. The only downside is that you have to register an account with an evil corporation. But it's free... And I don't think you actaully have to use your actual information... <.< >.> ^.^

Uggghhh... I have finally (Nearly at least), gotten most of the AOL junk out of my system... I am Dubious about letting them back in... Are there other alternatives?

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #78 on: 05 18, 2006, 06:20: PM »

AIM Express only installs a small java applet and only runs in your browser, so it can't run or load anything else.   There are other options, but most have more restrictive hardware requirements.  I'll see what else I can find...
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #79 on: 05 28, 2006, 05:58: AM »

if anyone is using Firefox they can install an irc program to it, then all you have to do is select a server to join to and make a chat room to go into, or we can simply download mIRC from there site dont worry its free ( http://www.mirc.com/get.html ) and do the same and then make a post saying where it is.

the uside of doing one of those two above is if anyone is surfing for a room to join and chat in, they will find out about the www.klingon.org and hopfully a boost to the numbers  Smiley
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #80 on: 05 28, 2006, 12:13: PM »

I have mIRC... So that is an Option for me... (Use it for TE, who happen to have a dedicated channel over there)... Don't see why KIDC could not as well? And GTman is correct, more interaction between Klingons is generally to be encouraged...<Grin>...

Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #81 on: 05 28, 2006, 02:01: PM »

I'm not sure about this mIRC as, if I am understanding it right, there is a charge of $20 if you want to continue using it after 30 days.

Personally I like AOL but will go along with what the majority decide as I do not claim to be an expert in this sort of thing.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #82 on: 05 29, 2006, 02:57: PM »

I'm not sure about this mIRC as, if I am understanding it right, there is a charge of $20 if you want to continue using it after 30 days.

Kehlan

There is a Registration Fee, and after 30 days you will be promted to register your copy... Rather you do so or not is a matter of your personal Honor and Choice, though "Legally" you would be required to do so... Regardless, the software will continue to function...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #83 on: 05 29, 2006, 05:00: PM »

I am investigating alternative forum software.  This current chat room dates back to the first incarnation of the forums.  Not only does it have a much newer version, but there are several others that compete with it.  And no one will have to install anything on their computers or use a particular browser.  The most important thing is that it is accessible to all users regardless of what hardware or software is on their computer.  Any forum member should just be able to log into the chat using any computer even a public terminal in a library, internet cafe or their freind's computer down the street.   And any borrowed computers should be returned in as close to the same condition as they were borrowed.   So I will not make it a requirement for anywone to install any software to join the KIF chat.
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #84 on: 05 31, 2006, 07:54: AM »

Oh.  Well.  That's strange.  But good.  I rebuilt my profile and appearently I can now get into the regular chat room now.  I'll still look for replacement software as it would be nice to be able to keep a log.   Is June 17th good for everyone or do we want to move it?
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #85 on: 06 02, 2006, 12:17: AM »

I will be away and unable to attend, but don't let that stop the rest of you! And Klythe, it would be great if you could find and install an updated and loggable chat system!

-=- Kesv

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #86 on: 06 02, 2006, 06:47: AM »

If Kesvirit can't make it, may be we should delay it a week if that helps.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #87 on: 06 02, 2006, 06:14: PM »

Or move it up a week...  Kesvirit, is June 10th or June 24th better for you?
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #88 on: 06 03, 2006, 05:45: PM »

Either of those would be fine, though perhaps the 10th would be nice since it is sooner...? THough a Reminder wopuld be great either way...

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #89 on: 06 06, 2006, 12:49: AM »

Or move it up a week...  Kesvirit, is June 10th or June 24th better for you?

The 24th is best, though either will work. But do not feel that you need me there in order to have a chat!

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #90 on: 06 06, 2006, 06:30: AM »

Kesvirit,

While we do not "need" you to have a chat, that does not mean we don't "want" you there.  I am sure I am not the only one who would very much like to see you there.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #91 on: 06 06, 2006, 01:16: PM »

I would like the 24th, I never attended before, but I hope i can figure that out.  what time does it start and where???

mfg

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #92 on: 06 09, 2006, 04:44: AM »

The chat is on Saturday May 24 at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), 6pm Eastern.
PDT = UTC - 8, which puts the chat at 11pm UTC.
This puts the time for most of western Europe at 12:00 am midnight Sun. May 25.
Which is 8am Sunday morning for those in Sydney.

Confused? This interactive time zone converter thingy can help.

I know that a midnight starting time a bit late, but if we move it any earlier we are getting any interested parties in western Australia up before 6am on a Sunday morning...

Which is not to say that we can’t try to schedule more than one chat a month, so as to be more convenient for those in different time zones. The chatroom is open 24/7 for whomever wishes to use at http://klingon.org/cgi-sys/mchat.cgi?channel=klingon.org.

SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #93 on: 06 09, 2006, 09:40: AM »

The chat is on Saturday May 24 at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), 6pm Eastern.

The chat will be next year? We've already reached june...
I hope we get a chat earlier than that...

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #94 on: 06 09, 2006, 04:32: PM »

Thanks for catching that -- that should be Sat. June 24, 11pm UTC.

-=- Kesvirit

qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #95 on: 06 10, 2006, 01:28: PM »

Dag Nabit, I will be out of town that weekend. On the bright side I will be at a 3 day Celtic Fling.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #96 on: 06 12, 2006, 01:07: PM »

hmm that's late, i guess i have to wait then till i get internet at home, then i can be online that late...

mfg

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #97 on: 06 24, 2006, 06:39: AM »

*Gratuitous Bump* Remember, CHAT TODAY (or tomorrow, depemnding on where you are...)

I plan to put together an email reminder for future chats to be sent out a few days prior to the actual event. If you would like to be added to the maining list, contact me via email or PM.

-=- Kesvirit

Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #98 on: 06 24, 2006, 12:51: PM »

*Gratuitous Bump* Remember, CHAT TODAY (or tomorrow, depemnding on where you are...)

I plan to put together an email reminder for future chats to be sent out a few days prior to the actual event. If you would like to be added to the maining list, contact me via email or PM.

-=- Kesvirit

Thank you, I appreciate the reminder... I will make the effort, at least for a little while... And as always I will not be there until probably 7pm or so...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #99 on: 08 17, 2006, 09:55: PM »

Yes, it's that time of the month again.   The 3rd Saturday is fast approaching.

The chat is on Saturday Aug 19th at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), 6pm Eastern.
This puts the time for most of western Europe at 12:00 am midnight Sun. May 25.
Which is 8am Sunday morning for those in Sydney.

Confused? This interactive time zone converter thingy can help.

I know that a midnight starting time a bit late, but if we move it any earlier we are getting any interested parties in western Australia up before 6am on a Sunday morning...

Which is not to say that we can’t try to schedule more than one chat a month, so as to be more convenient for those in different time zones. The chatroom is open 24/7 for whomever wishes to use at http://klingon.org/cgi-sys/mchat.cgi?channel=klingon.org.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it this month.  I'm flying out for my cousin's wedding.  Though there is an incredibly slip possibility that we won't have anything to do then and that I can get the laptop and connect in.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: