Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:59: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Chat times?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat times?  (Read 114595 times)
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #50 on: 09 19, 2005, 12:39: PM »

could please tell me someone the time difference between CET (Central Europe Time) or BST (british standart time) and your EST or PDT as I have no idea and because i did not get an answer to my email couldn't go for the chat.

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #51 on: 09 19, 2005, 01:38: PM »

Buried deep in the tread was a link to a World Time Zone tool.  Set GMT=10pm (or 22:00 for 24 hour mode) and then see what time is listed for your area.

PDT is Pacific Daylight time, which is equivalent to  UTC-8.   I'm not sure about your local timezones, but the site says London is in Daylight time so it's GMT+1.     I think the difference is that BST changes with Daylight Savings, and CET doesn't, but I am not certain...   I'm sure poking around that site will give you more information about those two time zones.   

We are working on getting the mailing issues sorted out.   It is a larger problem that we initially thought.  We can send mail to some users, and the board is sending topic updated messages properly, but the board is not sending out new user validations or large mass mailings.   Our opponents our strong, but we will succeed.

I posted one followup thread from the chat about the Pronunciation of the word 'kuve'   I hope to post another thread follow up soon.
« Last Edit: 09 19, 2005, 01:50: PM by Klythe » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #52 on: 10 14, 2005, 05:02: AM »

*gratuitous bump-slash-flying-tackle*  Reminder -- Chat this Sat, 6 p.m. Eastern!

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #53 on: 10 15, 2005, 02:53: PM »

I Will Unfortunately NOT be Able to Make this One... Sad As My System at home Got hit with a Bug... Hope To Catch Up Next time around However... Smiley

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #54 on: 10 15, 2005, 07:27: PM »

I should be here tonight. I will actually set an alarm for the event.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #55 on: 04 08, 2006, 10:20: AM »

could please tell me someone the time difference between CET (Central Europe Time) or BST (british standart time) and your EST or PDT as I have no idea and because i did not get an answer to my email couldn't go for the chat.

BST is British Summer Time and runs from late March to October - it is one hour ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean time) - so every March the clocks go forward one hour and in October they go back again.
When I lived in Spain, the clocks were usually one hour ahead of British time, whether BST oir GMT, although they did not change the clocks on the same date. 
So you are fairly safe to assume your local European time is one hour ahead of British Time.

As its now April 2006 I would love to know if these chats are still going ahead and if so when the next one will be.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #56 on: 04 08, 2006, 08:33: PM »

That sounds like a call for a new chat.   It's been a while...   The  regular time was the 3rd Saturday at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time, that is next weekend.   Amazing that it always happens when I'm going out of town or a convention.  But I'll have a laptop and Internet, so if we must, we can...  But I'd much ratherdo it the weekend after.   Saturday 22rd, 3pm PDT.   If that is not a good time for you feel free to suggest an alternative time.
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2006, 10:05: PM by Klythe » Logged
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #57 on: 04 09, 2006, 06:51: AM »

Saturday coming would hav been a bit awkward for a lot of people I think, as its Easter weekend, the saturday after sounds good to me, or any other saturday if people prefer it.
If I can work out what time 3pm PDT is here in the UK and if someone can remind me of the URL, as this is my first chat, I will be there.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #58 on: 04 09, 2006, 07:58: PM »

PDT = UTC -8.  3pm +8 hours=11pm UTC
GTman05
Senior Courier

« Reply #59 on: 04 11, 2006, 07:35: AM »

so what time would that be in down under land, if memory serves it was (for me) 10:30am, but now we have ended daylight savings the clocks have been turned back an hour.....ARGH! time zones are so confusing  huh
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #60 on: 04 19, 2006, 05:02: PM »

Don't forget the handy World Timezone Website.   I'm sure they will help you figure it out when to visit the the KIF Chatroom.
« Last Edit: 04 19, 2006, 05:33: PM by Klythe » Logged
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #61 on: 04 24, 2006, 06:38: AM »

Well, I must thank Kesvirit and zan Aspera for a very interesting conversation on what was for me, late Saturday night until the early hours of Sunday morning.  I will look forward to the next one.

(Resolves to get in a good supply of bloodwine and chocolate to share with my fellow Klingons)

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #62 on: 05 10, 2006, 08:35: PM »

Yes, its me again.  does anyone know when the next one is scheduled.  Although hopefully we will get a few more people to join in.

Qeytok, you're part of my crew now, I can order you to attend.  And you, X'na, you're a chatty bugger (by your own admission) so you should enjoy it as well.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
X'na
Courier

« Reply #63 on: 05 11, 2006, 12:17: AM »

I second that!  Smiley  A chat session would be most enjoyable.

(And yes...yes, I *am* a chatty bugger)  Cheesy

"I treat everyone the same until they prove themselves an idiot".
X'na Zantai Ab'Qaff
Captain of the Lion's Klaw
Proud Member of House Ab'Qaff
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #64 on: 05 11, 2006, 04:14: AM »

Indeed... Chat-happy patrons of the Klingon arts wish to know...

Perhaps Tomarrow night?...er...Tonight Thursday May 11...?

Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #65 on: 05 11, 2006, 07:14: AM »

What time did you have in mind?  If you want the usual time then a weekend would be better as it is extremely late at night for us Brits.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #66 on: 05 11, 2006, 06:53: PM »

The usual time would be May Saturday 20th at 10pm UTC / 3pm PDC / 8am (Sunday) Sydney Time.   This will give plenty of time for people who don't visit the forums every day to plan to attend.   This time seems to be the most acceptable to most of our users in the United States, United Kingdom and the United Down Under. 

Although it's soundling like there is a lot of interest for this...   So how about we plan for this weekend , and if lots of people show up we can do it again next weekend too.

So that's Saturday May 13th--  And the time to show up is    your local time .

Also if you'd like to pressure to move the next chat one way or the other, speak up.  The time is solidly in the afternoon here in America, so we are flexible...   Right now it sounds like there are more Brits who might want to move it up a bit.  Definately sound off if you are planing to attend but can't because of the time, or wouldn't be able too if the time moved (which ought to cover just about everybody!)
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #67 on: 05 12, 2006, 02:54: PM »

Earlier would be good if possible but its not a major problem for me if it has to stay at that time.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #68 on: 05 12, 2006, 04:14: PM »

That comes out to 6PM (Eastern), which is when I am getting off of work so I will likely be 45 min to an hour late if I can make it... Hope to see...er...Read you folks there...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #69 on: 05 13, 2006, 03:41: PM »

We'll keep the light on for you.  Hopefully people can stay longer than an hour, especially since we are starting early. 

Once more chat today in the KIF chat room.  Though we might move to AIM or some other service if we are having technical problems.  IM me if you can't get into the chat.  I'm on all the major IM systems, see all those little icons right below my happy targ picture.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #70 on: 05 14, 2006, 12:19: PM »

My Regrets, I have a Sick Child and was not able to get online last night... (May 13th 2006), How did it go?

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #71 on: 05 16, 2006, 03:46: AM »

I had wondered where you were, Abbot. My condolances to your little one. I hope she is up and about and driving you crazy again soon.

The chat was a success for all but Klythe, who for some reason kept getting bounced from the chat room. First-timers Kehlan and Qeytok are in the UK where it was rather late, so topics drifted a bit. They included millenium brides; the weather in Edinburgh and the best place from which to watch the fireworks during the Tattoo; landscape design and the relevant software; Collectormania; the Endeavor  website...  What else can’t I remember?

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Qeytok
Courier

« Reply #72 on: 05 16, 2006, 01:45: PM »

You missed Kehlan coming at me with d'k'tahgs, but then realised I ain't finished the website yet so she better spare me Smiley

Yes a good chat, being new here it was nice to have chat go in/out of topic, I'm all in favour of keeping boards relevent etc but the off topic stuff allows you to get to know the person behind the posts a bit, so for me I got alot out of it, also OT/OOC  knowledge of poster means alot less chance of taking things the wrong way later Wink

Well although it was late it was fun, I'm looking forward to next one Smiley

Abbot I hope your little one is all OK soon Cheesy

ATB
Qeytok

Commander Qeytok
Chief Engineer
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #73 on: 05 16, 2006, 04:49: PM »

It was nothing personal Qeytok, I just don't want blood stains on my nice clean engineering consoles.

Abbot  I too wish to express my concern for your child, it is always a worrying time.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #74 on: 05 16, 2006, 08:32: PM »

Thanks for the kind thoughts, but no worries folks... Nej vIt puqbe' (Daughter of Nej vIt), is sick, but it is a routine virus, so things should get back to normal soon... Just bad timing, as her end of year testing is going on right now in school... She has a Dr. Appointment in the AM so at least that should aleviate any health concerns... (Or at least get them Addressed)...

As to the Chat, I am sorry I missed it... Let's not wait too long before scheduling the Next!...<Grin>...

maj! (Good)...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: