Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:18: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Chat times?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chat times?  (Read 115949 times)
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #150 on: 05 19, 2007, 08:13: PM »

Chat this weekend in about an hour and a half.   Join us here http://www.klingon.org/phpchat/index.php
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #151 on: 06 15, 2007, 12:36: AM »

Just a reminder -- Chat this weekend. Same time, same station. If you want on (or off) the reminder mailing list, let me know.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #152 on: 07 20, 2007, 05:03: AM »

*bump* See above post!

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #153 on: 07 20, 2007, 01:52: PM »

I am actually not working on a chat night....woohoo. If all goes well, I will be there.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #154 on: 08 17, 2007, 02:02: AM »

Yackety yack!

This month's Chat is this Saturday Aug. 18. Since it's been a few pages since I've listed the particulars, it's at 3pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), 6pm Eastern. Check the World Time Zone Tool to confirm the chat time for your location. (Select "United States - Los Angeles" as your city/place.)

The chat room URL is http://www.klingon.org/phpchat/index.php. To log on, enter your user name (leave the password blank) and hit the chat button.

Hope to see you there!

-=- Kesvirit

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #155 on: 09 14, 2007, 08:45: AM »

Bumpity bump!

Come one, come all! Chat this weekend. Same time, same place.

-=- Kesvirit

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #156 on: 09 30, 2007, 12:08: AM »

Due to continued low levels of participation for the regularly scheduled monthly chats, we are discontinuing the regular scheduling of chats.   Instead, if you want to chat, post here when you will be available and everyone else can respond when they will be able to make it.

We regret having to do this as we think regularly scheduled chats are easier for people to plan to attend, but we've had too many times where Kesvirit and I are all alone for an hour or maybe with one other person.

Since this message might not get to all people...  I'd like to schedule a chat for what would have been the next regular time,  Oct 20th at 3pm PST.  Please reply if you can attend.  And again if you want to chat at some other time, speak up,  Just say where and when and see who will be able to show up.
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #157 on: 07 10, 2010, 06:07: AM »

So it sounds as if there may be interest for another realtime chat.  The only question is when.  Usually we have tried to have these on weekend afternoons as we have several Klingons in Europe who we would like to include if possible.   But chats at other times might be desirable as well.  So we could start earlier (Perhaps as early as noon Pacific Time, or later, more like 3pm... much later and it cuts into our European friends sleep cycles...

So sound off.  When do you want to chat?
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #158 on: 07 10, 2010, 06:17: AM »

I am always interested in Klingon Chat. Since I work a midnight shift, I often find it is just me and the Europeans when I chat elsewhere.

The only time that is bad for me is between 10pm and 11pm Eastern time , as if I am working that is when I am getting ready for work and in transit. Other times I can schedule stuff around to chat.

qoSagh qlIStIy
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #159 on: 07 12, 2010, 10:51: AM »

I'm one of the Europeans so the earlier you have it your time the better for me.. sorry but I just cant face getting up at 4am (or similar silly time) to chat.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #160 on: 08 01, 2010, 01:27: AM »

In the interests of consistency I’ve merged the chat threads. Readers may find it easier to get to the current posts by clicking on the last page number of the thread, which as of this writing is Page 7.

I, too, would very much like to resurrect our realtime chats. My current schedule is chaotic, and likely to be until late September. I have also damaged my hands, which further slows me down. Saturdays and Sundays are best for me as of now; time of day or night does not matter as long as the time is scheduled well in advance so I can work around it.

As much as I would like to talk with all of you, do not let my potential unavailability effect chat plans. It only takes two to chat, and while I’d like to include as many people as possible, the chat room is open incessantly for any Forum members who wish to use it. If for some reason you do not find it open when you arrive, alert Klythe ASAP at klythe att klingon dott org.

Would potential chatters post their preferred times in GMT (or UTC for you ubergeeks? }}: ) We’ve had previous chatters from North America, Europe, and Australia, and some countries observe Daylight Saving Time and some don’t. Of those that do not all are internally consistent about what dates to re-set the clocks. There is an easy-to-use World Time Zone Tool (warning: popunders with sound files) that will convert your local time to GMT.

I propose a weekend, simply because that is when most people are less likely to be beholden to their employers and because it is the best way to straddle time zones. My initial proposal: some Saturday, 4pm GMT (= 9am LA = noon NY = 5pm London = 2am Sun. Sydney.)

I am not sure how to best include potential Aussie and New Zealand chatters, and do not expect anyone to make a disruptive alteration in their sleeping hours.

Further suggestions? Let’s get a chat going!

chalvatlh
Klingon formerly Known as Fraek
Discoursing Diplomat

In order to succeed, you must enjoy eating poison!

« Reply #161 on: 08 12, 2010, 04:18: PM »

Would potential chatters post their preferred times in GMT (or UTC for you ubergeeks? }}: ) We’ve had previous chatters from North America, Europe, and Australia, and some countries observe Daylight Saving Time and some don’t. Of those that do not all are internally consistent about what dates to re-set the clocks. There is an easy-to-use World Time Zone Tool (warning: popunders with sound files) that will convert your local time to GMT.
There's also World Clock, which is very easy to use and useful for synchronizing schedules; the currect UTC can be found at the bottom of the page, and if you want to know what the time is in some other part of the world, just type the name of a city in the text box on top to get the current time and time zone in that city.
Oladon
Scribe

« Reply #162 on: 02 19, 2013, 11:38: PM »

I take it this is (long) dead?

pabwIj lughmoH yIbel (even this!)
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #163 on: 02 20, 2013, 07:14: AM »

It was, but there is no reason we can't do this again if there is enough interest in it.  Hmmm.  Looks like the software we were using isn't working.  I'll have to look in to that...  In the meantime, anyone who is interested, please post what times you would be available, particularly during the weekend since that is when most people will be available.  Historically, early weekend afternoons UTC /GMT worked best to allow Klingons to participate from wherever they are on this silly 3rd rock from the Sun.
Oladon
Scribe

« Reply #164 on: 02 20, 2013, 07:26: AM »

How about IRC (say, Freenode)?

As to times, if it were IRC I'd probably lurk most of the time... early weekend afternoons (GMT) would be a bit difficult, but could probably be managed.

Oladon
Scribe

« Reply #165 on: 02 20, 2013, 05:14: PM »

On second thought, Freenode may not be a great fit; they aren't accepting group registrations, which means the #klingon channel can't be freed up (it's currently registered).

How about otherworlders?

qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #166 on: 02 20, 2013, 10:37: PM »

I have used mIRC before and know that there are other Klingon chats on there. I have not used it in quite a while though.

qoSagh qlIStIy
Oladon
Scribe

« Reply #167 on: 02 20, 2013, 10:42: PM »

I recently did some extensive searching for any Klingon chats, and the results were woefully nonexistent.

QorroQ
Scribe

The Dark One

« Reply #168 on: 12 13, 2013, 07:09: PM »

I would enjoy a good chat every once in a while. My problem is my week varys greatly so I can't give a positive time. Then there is the trouble of finding a place to chat, I am afraid I have no thoughts in regards that.

QorroQ

Duty...Strength...Sacrifice
Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #169 on: 12 19, 2013, 02:22: AM »

My IM chat accounts are available in my profile below my huggy cuddly targh avatar any in the rows of icons my paraphrased/plagiarized biting comment.  Feel free to IM me when I am available and I can arrange a chat.  It's not hard to find a place to chat on the internets...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: