Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 06:36: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Line Registry
| | |-+  General house & family line discussions
| | | |-+  Why did you join the House that you did
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did you join the House that you did  (Read 6725 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 12 20, 2004, 04:08: AM »

A few days ago I was on AIM with another Forum member, and she was telling me about trying to join a particular House. I asked her why she was trying to join the House that she was but did not get a detailed answer...

If you are a member of a House, why did you join the one that you did?  What specifically was it about the House that drew you to it, and what kept you with it (if indeed you stayed and remained an active member?)

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 12 20, 2004, 04:09: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 12 20, 2004, 06:12: PM »

In my case I didn't Join the house I formed it. This was because the first Klingon group I was a member of prided itself on infighting and backstabbing. They had an almost artistic glee to the way they would decalre civil wars. Most of the houses were the old FASA houses and what I didn't like about those I met were that they refered to the members of other clubs with the same house names as outcasts. There were two fan made lines, one was little more than a cult (their leader actually played the character of a Klingon God) and the other one I just didn't like the leader. The club didn't really restrict taking the FASA names but can you imagine being a member of a line without the support of the rest of the line? Not to mention the rivalries I would be thrown into because of interhouse politics.

When I formed the house, I was the only live member, now there are a few more but I am not bothered by small numbers. I have never and will never be the epetai. I think certain rolse are best left as mysterios beings off in role-play land, and that includes the Emperor, Chancelor and most epetai positions. I have met people who had declared themselves Emperor or Chancelor and it always leads to shoddy explanations why the rest of Klindom doesn't know who they are.

qlIStIy is the tlhIngan Hol spelling of the original word Khlysty, which I found in a non-Klingon book and liked the sound of. I actually prefere the tlhIngan spelling because no one has ever tried to guess at the source.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #2 on: 12 21, 2004, 04:00: PM »

I am in the process of developing a line.  I am doing so because my research has shown me that there are only one or two KAG groups in my area and no other groups.  So I have no exposure to Houses except over the internet.  Right now I simply have no time to join KAG.

It is also very fun and interesting to make a house.  Because I am creating it I have the challange of creating a backstory with explanation of ancestors.  I plan to, when things here settle down, join a group like KAG and give my house more exposure.
Kal`Shika
Novice

« Reply #3 on: 05 19, 2006, 08:20: AM »

In my case I created mine.

My old character had been in a House, but it was not suitable to my character so I left that House. Then eventually left that character waaaay behind.

When I went back to my old character, Kal'Shika a Klingon/Vulcan mix breed, I needed a House to go with my story line, and since there was really none available that wanted me, and with alot of thinking, I created ram'Iw (nightblood). I know I still have alot to learn and work on, but I am more then willing and able to do what I have to do.

I am actually in two houses, the way my story goes is that when I was a young child at Academy ( If I remember correctly) I went into a rage (g'day't Klingon/Vulcan blood Grin ) that caused me to hurt a muckety mucks son. So instead of my Father having me die he sent me to a mining planet that a friend of his was on. His friend took me in and adopted me into his House. Which turns out is a House of assassins, sI'tulsa.

But the actual reason I am in two houses is because I had wanted to join an alliance with a good friend's House, (alot of it because I felt lonely being the only one in my House Grin ) and this is what we had worked out.

Hope that doesn't sound to out of bounds.......  Smiley
KoraS
Courier

« Reply #4 on: 05 19, 2006, 12:41: PM »

I created the char KoraS, who was first mentioned in a story i wrote, then he came back as a permanent sidechar, who over time got way more personality and background than the original char did. so i decided to join a house. As all the houses (virtual) were not for me or 1person houses i decided to found my own one. It came actually with the background writing of my char, how he came to the house etc. In general he was born a bastart to a unknown house (only thing connection to that one is a dagger in his possession), his father never found out about him and his mother died at birth. he was later adopted to my virtual founded houses as the son of the leader, who was childless.

at the beginning it was only me and the virtual relatives of my char. Now I changed the name of one of my cousins to the name of an excisting player and some weeks ago we took the virtual members of an desolved house in, which brought another two "real" players.

The house now consists of 4 real players, several named virtual ones and numerous klingons without a name. It is purly virtual as we have never met each other in person and there are no outside activities over here. We just played together and the benefits of the house are purely virtual as well.

vIghoSta' vIleghta' yay vISuqta'
VENI, VIDI, VICI. (Caesar)

Klingon.org Forum RPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #5 on: 05 19, 2006, 03:35: PM »

Kehlan's House is one that exists only in my imagination.  The House was founded by Inigan,a Klingon commander who was one of Khaless's loyal guard.  The current leader of the House is Krang epetai Inigan, who is a high ranking Imperial Intelligence officer. 
During the Dominion war Krang brought a Federation Starfleet captain into his House and that captain married Kehlan who is illegitimate and has no House of her own.  Krang has known Kehlan for years and finding her worthy, he accepted her into his family as well.  She is therefore a proud member of the House of Inigan.
To find out how and why, read my story Dominion (shameless plug)

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #6 on: 05 22, 2006, 05:05: PM »

That's basically my story as well.   Hous Vra'al was founded by Klythe zantai-Vra'al in the TOS era, so it's a really young house.  The house is mostly full of Oldshool klingons, smoothheads, short lifespans, so Klythe is long dead.   I don't actually know who currently leads the house.  I never needed a leader for the House in any stories...   So I haven't created that one yet.  I perfer to have my characters start lower on the totem and fight my way to the top with claw and tooth.   I think it makes better stories than starting on top.  I have created a few characters in this house, but they are all mine.  I'll post more about the clan in the RPG areas.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #7 on: 07 03, 2006, 06:00: PM »

I created what there is (apart from physical things)

So far all I have is my character's story, to which I included a father, a mother, a grandfather who's founded his own house (don't know how or why yet) and a dead uncle.

I hadn't heard of FASA before joining Klindom and at the time thought creating your own House was the way things worked. Now I know better and possibly my family should actually be just that: a family. so qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, followed by qorghon qI'meQ puqloD... 8-)

qa' = spirit
pIn = boss/expert
puq = child
loD = man (male)

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #8 on: 07 03, 2006, 06:22: PM »

Kehlan's House is my own invention.  At the time I had never heard of FASA, my knowledge of Klingons was based purely on the episodes and on books like The final Reflection and Pawns and symbols.  In TFR Krenn was able to begin a House and take any available name so I did something similar and came up with a history and backstory for the house and its members.  As I do not belong to any official club or any other official organisation, and it is only in the last few years that I have met other people who are also Klingon - until then I was the only one, so I have only had my own imagination and above mentioned sources to guide me

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: