Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Returning Members Must Read in Order to Sign In
| | | |-+  Returning Member Information
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Returning Member Information  (Read 11604 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 10 10, 2003, 05:13: AM »

I extend a hearty welcome to our returning Forum members! }}:-D

NOTE: The following applies only to those who have not been here since we were on the XMB software (the first version of the Forums).  Anyone joining us from the iboard software (the second version that went haywire at the end of July 2005) or the current SMF software can disregard everything except the welcome.    [Unless they have an apostrophe in their name, then they need to read the last message  -Klythe]

All previous passwords and email addresses were lost along with the database during the crash of Aug. 2003.  If you haven't logged in since Aug. 2003, the "I've forgotten my password!" link on the Log In page will not work as we do not have your email addresses. I created a temporary password for each member in order to enter their remaining posts. To collect your password, please email me at  kesvirit at klingon dot org.

Once you have logged in with your temporary password, you can change it to something permanent when you set up your member profile. When doing so please be sure to include a current and valid email address.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 08 17, 2007, 04:28: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 09 13, 2005, 03:51: PM »

Also, wether you are returning from xmboard or iboard, the conversion to SMF boards has affected usernames that contain an apostrophe.  You can log in by replacing the apostrophe in your name with the four characters #39; or contact one of the administrators and we will adjust your username to something more typeable.

Of course once you log in you are free to change your username to be easier to type.  You do this by clicking the profile link on the menu bar or clicking on a link that has your name, and from the "Modify Profile" menu box on the left, click "Account Related Settings".  The first of these is your username.  Under the Username: label click the link that reads (change).    This will not affect the name displayed on the boards is the item just below your user name, if you need to change that as well.  But you shouldn't have to as this correctly handles the apostrophe. 

If you have any other login problems feel free to PM or email Klythe or Kesvirit.  Our email accounts are just our names(Klythe or Kesvirit, if your communications officer is a Pakled) followed by @Klingon.org.
« Last Edit: 07 04, 2007, 11:24: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: