Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:17: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Classics of Klingon Literature
| | | |-+  Klingon Bookshelf
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon Bookshelf  (Read 6734 times)
maq'mang
Courier

« on: 11 02, 2004, 09:20: PM »

The Hand of Kahless

By:  John M. Ford and Michael Jan Friedman
The Final Reflection and Kahless

The fiercest battles and proudest warriors throughout Klingon history are said to reflect the honor and glory of the race's first emperor, Kahless the Unforgettable. But history is not always truthful. And for both the Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets, the real truth may be too difficult to accept.

In the pages of a novel disclaimed by Starfleet, an enemy offers his perspective on events that transpired during the formative years of Klingon-Federation relations in the early twenty-third century. Chronicling the life story of Krenn, a Klingon war strategist who learns of peace while on a mission to Earth, the novel is a testimony to his efforts to preserve the honor of his people�by preventing total war against the then-struggling Federation.

Nearly a century later, a clone of the revered Kahless oversees the Klingon Empire. But when the myths and legends associated with the original emperor are disputed following the discovery of an ancient scroll, the new Kahless faces treason from within his own council, and impending civil war that could tear the empire apart. His sole chance for restoring his people's shattered faith must come from the outside -- specifically, from Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Lieutenant Worf of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Capt. Maq'mang vestaI Veska aka Michael Scott Witty
Member of The Empire, 'ampaS tlhIngan Dean
High Council, House Veska
Commanding Officer IKV Honor's Blade, Black Targ Primus
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 11 04, 2004, 12:12: AM »

Please do not post promotional material for upcoming Paramount/Pocket etc. releases. Pocket Books already has an extensive in-house publicity machine that pays people a lot of money to do it for them. In addition, it appears that this most recent "release" is nothing more than an attempt to separate eager readers from more of their currency by reissuing two long-since published books with the flimsiest of connections between one cover.

If, however, once you have read some of the Klingon-themed books and would like to post your reviews or analyses of them, they would be most welcome, both in providing discussion fodder and helping others with limited reading time to chose their reading material.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
maq'mang
Courier

« Reply #2 on: 11 04, 2004, 05:45: AM »

angry  
« Last Edit: 11 04, 2004, 06:11: AM by maq'mang » Logged

Capt. Maq'mang vestaI Veska aka Michael Scott Witty
Member of The Empire, 'ampaS tlhIngan Dean
High Council, House Veska
Commanding Officer IKV Honor's Blade, Black Targ Primus
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #3 on: 11 16, 2004, 05:12: PM »

It sounds okay,how long is it pages?Were did you get it from i don't rember seeing it out.Or did you say it was comeing out?

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #4 on: 11 17, 2004, 07:15: AM »

He did not say. Both of these books, The Final Reflection and Kahless, are already out. If you are a hard-core collector and are after what amounts to a reissue, the quickest way to get answers to any questions you may have is to either click here to visit the relevant page of the bookstore with which the KIDC has a partnership, or to call/visit the bookstore where you get most of your Trek and ask there.

-=- Kesvirit
« Last Edit: 11 17, 2004, 07:15: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #5 on: 11 18, 2004, 11:01: PM »

i am not that hard core but i do like a good book when i see one

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 11 19, 2004, 01:01: PM »

It is far worse than we thought. Not only has Paraborg reissued two books, one a classic of Klingon Literature and the other a thinly vield viking epic with a useless Picard/Worf adventure interwoven for no good reason, under the same cover. But they have made it part of a new series of reissues. I saw one that was the novelizations of three movies strung together. I guess that is one way to get people to read the odd numbered ones, by sandwiching them between two even numbered ones. Will they stop at nothing to get our hard earned cash? Nevermind I already know the answer.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: