Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:14: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Game Room
| | |-+  RPGs and Sims
| | | |-+  What would your character do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would your character do?  (Read 10245 times)
TVala
Courier

« on: 10 01, 2004, 04:44: AM »

Alright.  I am writing this to you RPGer's out there.  It's kind of a "what would your Character do."

Imagine your char. has a son or Daughter of dating age, and the person they pick is of another race, Klingon. If they are Klingon, what if they pick a human?  How would the first introduction of their date go?

T'Vala
« Last Edit: 10 01, 2004, 09:06: AM by Kesvirit » Logged

Someday I must read this scholar Everyone...He seems to have written so much -- all of it wrong.

- Veralidaine Sarrasri, The Immortals, Tamora Pierce, 1997
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 10 01, 2004, 07:23: PM »

hmm my chars daughter, would have no problems to introduce her new friend, cause my char is half klingon herself. I think the father would be a bit disappointed, but he as well chose a half-klingon, so he wouldn't reject.  I it would be a son, the father would be more disappointed, and the mother would try to judge if she is worthy to be permanently with a klingon the same actually for the daughter, he would be judged by the mother as well. And don't forget the grandparents, leader of a great house, hmm I'm not sure if they would agree so easily as the parents.

hope got some ideas, let me read it when it is finished Smiley cool  

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 10 02, 2004, 05:29: PM »

I have always playe my characters as almost rabidly racists. Klingon or nothing else. But I also see that Klingons may in fact be polygamists, and likely have a girl in every port/planet. That being said I think there is little prohibition on sex with other compatible races, but to get to the point of bringing an alien home to mom & dad, hmmmm. I think it is probably a custom that is up to family rule, not an Imperial issue, as long as it wasn't an enemy race. Remember the horror Worf felt at finding out the kid he was molesting was half Romulan. Yet he had taken a Half Human as a mate, so the specific race must play into it somewhere.

I have always had a problem with Half Klingon half anything  else, simply because in fandom I have seen some truely wierd mixtures played as characters. Most were developed not out of scientific curiosity but to give a specific almost super power to a Klingon character. So I think if my character were presented with this by a son/daughter they would be told to go out and have fun, however this alien/foreigner is not the type they should be thinking of marrying. They will be expected to provide the house with Klingon offspring.

This brings up a second question? Do the Klingons place any value on virginity at marriage? This could change how I would answer if my answer would make my children undesirale mates.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tapez_sonof_chang
Courier

« Reply #3 on: 11 05, 2004, 08:37: AM »

simple. gather the hunters invite the alien to join in a hunt and then pick the most wild and dangerous beast out there to be killed with simple blade weapons.

Once that is done depending on whether or not the date has survived and proven himself honorable in battle he is allowed to date her. Cheesy  
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #4 on: 11 05, 2004, 06:46: PM »

Is proving oneself a good hunter the same as proving oneself an honorable warrior? I am inclined to say not. Now would it always be possible or practical to have a battle to fight in with a potential suitor? What if that suitor proved themself to be a dishonorable in battle, how would that reflect on the houses status in battle? I thin that questions of honor would probably best be handled verbally not by physical challenges, however questions of strength would be the exact oposite.

The question still remains, would you let the Alien get to the point where they were even allowed to enter such verbal and physical challenges? I again think that would be up to house rule not Imperial government.

qoSagh qlIStIy
tapez_sonof_chang
Courier

« Reply #5 on: 12 22, 2004, 03:46: PM »

For one being a skilled hunter will most certainly impress those around him on whether or not  this alien acts in an honorable manner or not.

A hunt is very much a battle,  I do not see any reason to endager anybody from my house testing this alien, rather he can prove his honor in a hunt.

If he acts dishonorably then he is most certainly not worthy of my daughters time and attention. Furthermore  my daughter will have seen this in an impartial manner.

Beasts are impartial creatures and in pitting the alien into such situations will give an accurate view of that aliens character.

Finally a hunt will be some productive time - as such enterprises bring food for the house, a challenge of honor on the other hand brings only injuries and death.  

qapIn
« Reply #6 on: 06 03, 2006, 08:22: AM »

Alright.  I am writing this to you RPGer's out there.  It's kind of a "what would your Character do."

Imagine your char. has a son or Daughter of dating age, and the person they pick is of another race, Klingon. If they are Klingon, what if they pick a human?  How would the first introduction of their date go?

T'Vala
My character has yet to choose a mate... No offspring known to date...
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #7 on: 06 26, 2006, 08:51: PM »

I have always playe my characters as almost rabidly racists. Klingon or nothing else. But I also see that Klingons may in fact be polygamists, and likely have a girl in every port/planet.

This is exactly how Kehlan came into existance - Her Klingon father had a brief affair with a Terran woman and left, never knowing that his affair had resulted in a child.

I have always had a problem with Half Klingon half anything  else, simply because in fandom I have seen some truely wierd mixtures played as characters. Most were developed not out of scientific curiosity but to give a specific almost super power to a Klingon character. So I think if my character were presented with this by a son/daughter they would be told to go out and have fun, however this alien/foreigner is not the type they should be thinking of marrying. They will be expected to provide the house with Klingon offspring.

When you start getting down to 1/4 this, 1/8 that and another 1/8 something else it does get a bit silly and probably biologically impossible.

anyway to the question at hand - what would she do?  Well, she sees herself as Klingon but is married to a Terran herself so the species of her children's partners would not be a major issue.  she is likely to be eqaully hardon them whatever thier origin.  Her concern will certainly be more along the line of - Will he/she be a good mate and bring honour to the House?

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Tedra_deArr
Senior Courier

« Reply #8 on: 06 27, 2006, 01:09: PM »

This is exactly how Kehlan came into existance - Her Klingon father had a brief affair with a Terran woman and left, never knowing that his affair had resulted in a child.

Kehlan

sounds a bit like The history of Tedra, her mother had as well an affair, but the father came back and was confronted with Tedra, who was so afraid, that she first slammed the dor onto his nose...

Sometimes you have to punch your way through - Captain Kathryn Janeway

Empire of Warriors ORPG, "chal che'wI' tengchaH (Star Ruler space station) " - join us now
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #9 on: 06 28, 2006, 08:17: AM »

I am sure I have read Tedra's history somewhere and was struck by the similarity.  It could actually be quite a common story - human woman, klingon male - although one may well wonder about birth control on the 24th century (LOL)

In Kehlan's case, her mother took her to Qo'noS to look for the father (Mara got left at home as she was ill at the time).  The mother was murdered and everyone back home thought Kehlan had died as well so she grew up in a Klingon orphanage and never knew she had a sister.  Hence one grew up klingon the other grew up Human.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Mortagh
Novice

« Reply #10 on: 09 10, 2006, 07:32: AM »

My character, being both an Ambassador and the son of an Ambassador, would most likely do some investigation of the human in question (parentage, ctiminal record, et al), and invite him to a semi-formal dinner at the Embassy (just to remind him who the girl's father is), and approach the situation in as diplomatic a fashion as possible, provided, of course, the patak doesn't go out of his way to be offensive, in which case he would be invited to a bat'leth training simulation. a very painful bat'leth training simulation, during which he would be "encouraged" to seek other companionship. Diplomatically, of course.  Wink
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #11 on: 09 10, 2006, 08:56: PM »

I'm not even sure what 'dating age' is for Klingons... If Klingons bother 'dating' at all for that matter.   For my Whitefang wolf Klingons and others that get to play more by the culture presented in "Final Reflection", it would not be an issue at all.  They are not allow to pursue a mate until they are 10 years old.  After theri night of decision, they are adults and can pick any mate they wish, and if their parrents don't approve...  Well, they can seek to boot them out of the House, but that would only happen if the non-klingon in question were either considered enemies(like Terrans or Romulans) or beneath consideration (like Vulcans or Fenegi).   There isn't much else they can do about it otherwise other than to be actively disappointed.   Once they reach adulthood family ties weeken and  it is the House that exerts the pressure.
qapla100000
Courier

Qapla'!

« Reply #12 on: 07 21, 2007, 12:05: AM »

well since you asked what would my charachter do
i would probably be either a cook, weapons station or the con
either way i love the position
P.S. i am looking for a RPG that doesnt require much Please tell me if one of those positons pops open Wink

House Of Trek
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #13 on: 07 21, 2007, 04:04: AM »

qapla 100000! You have been asked repeatedly in private and twice in the same thread -- a thread you started -- to attempt some sort of grammar. You have been told to at least begin your sentences with a capital letter and end them with a period. You have not done so.

Hear this: Forum moderators are not to be ignored! You have exhausted my considerable patience on this matter. The next such post will result in your being banned from these Forums. I have sent you a PM and an email so there is no way you can claim ignorance.

You need to read the thread title and all the posts in the thread before you post to it. Re-read the initial post -- T’Vala asks what others would do if they were in a particular situation. She is not asking what your character would like to do in general.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
K'Voth
Senior Courier

« Reply #14 on: 09 01, 2008, 04:12: PM »

I don't think my charachter would really mind to be honest (If my charachter had kids that is) It would depend in entirity on whom my offspring had chosen to partner with. If whoever it was did not have honour and appropriate respect for that offspring and at least a passable knowledge of Klingon traditions and history then i think i would be somewhat irritated possiby even angry. However as long as they do not dishonour themselves my offspring would be free to persue whom so ever they wished.

Captain K'Voth
IKS Praxis Ascendant
Federation/Klingon RRF
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #15 on: 09 01, 2008, 09:24: PM »

One question remains, can one be honorable while doing the dishonorable? I ask this simply because I wonder if the very choice of a partner from another race would be seen as dishonor in and of itself, especially within a closed line?

qoSagh qlIStIy
Ky'lath
Scribe

« Reply #16 on: 09 02, 2008, 04:06: AM »

Oh it depends on what chracter.... I have many, many of them. And each one would react differently.

Ky'lath would likely allow it, as she is a halfbreed herself. She would just throughly check the background of the man who was interested in her daughter.

Prettyclaw is married to a member of a different speices, so she would have no qualms.

Coperal Xiple has seen more ceilings than Michelanglo, she wouldn't care who or what her daughter was dating.

Lt. Commander Kova would freak ou. Well then, she is the overprotective type, she would not be happy about her child dating at all. She would likely scare the poor fellow away.

Tabitha would likely shrug and return to mucking out stalls. She's easy going like that. She would be more worried about the chracter of the man that her daughter was being courted by. After all she witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of her father (who then turned the disruptor on himself). Tabby's like that, she's a decent sort... for a Romulan (comes from being human raised I suppose)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketsup.
Ktaar
Novice

« Reply #17 on: 09 13, 2008, 05:24: AM »

K'taar would thoroughly scope the fellow out. He's like every protective father out there, except he's also Klingon...so that makes him very, um, dangerous.  Angry

Doctor Joe McTiernan, my CMO character, would be a protective father type...I mean, it's only natural, right?  huh
Hod Qhi
Scribe

« Reply #18 on: 01 19, 2009, 07:24: AM »

Well given that Qhi is the son of the Klingon Ambassador during Q'mpec's time there be no real objection though a checking of perspective match would be done. Given the Stubborness likely inherited by the Child from Qhi, chances are it won't mater how he feels, and he likely too stubborn to disown a child for taking a less than perfect mate.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: