Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:40: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Props, Accessories & Footwear
| | | |-+  hand held communicators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hand held communicators  (Read 6649 times)
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« on: 09 30, 2004, 05:00: PM »

I know that in the TNG era the Klingons use a pin like communicator which they attach to their arm.  I have pictures and illustrations of these communicators as well as the hand held communicator used in ST3.  I also know that in the TOS episode Elaan of Troyius one of the Dohlman's guards used a Klingon communicator.  The view of it after Scotty hands it to Kirk, at least on the DVD, is great if you can pause it with exact timing.  However, the only view is of the outer case and not the control panal.  

I am wondering if there is a picture or diagram of the control panal anywhere.  I invision the panal to look similar to the ST3 communicator panal only with the appropriate size and color difference.
KAllen

« Reply #1 on: 10 01, 2004, 01:33: PM »

If you have the DVD of ST IV you might be able to freeze it when the NSA(or whoever) agents are interogating Chekov aboard the carrier Enterprise.  Well, for that matter they all use it since they had Klingon Communicators aboard the Bird fo Prey.  Also Chang uses one in ST VI when they beam off the Enterprise to Kronos 1.  

I remember seeing one someplace, but I am having trouble finding a decent pic/drawing of one. If I find it I shall post where.  

Lt.Col. K'Allen sutai-bortaS
Marine Commander aboard the IKV Bayou Serpent
Member of the IKV Bayou Serpent
House Cha'diCH to the House of bortaS
KAllen

« Reply #2 on: 10 01, 2004, 09:10: PM »

I checked The Bible (aka Star Trek Encyclopedia) and it has an artist drawing of a handheld Klingon Comm. unit. I believe on pg. 244 or around 'bouts

voraq

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #3 on: 10 07, 2004, 04:06: PM »

I also have that picture.  Is it logical to assume that the layout has not changed between TOS and the first 6 movies?  If so than I will use the layout from ST3-6 on the casing from TOS.
« Last Edit: 10 07, 2004, 04:07: PM by voraq » Logged
KAllen

« Reply #4 on: 10 09, 2004, 01:36: PM »

I say go for it.  It would be cool to see a hand-held device.  A little more personal than the "sleeve unit"...although not as tactically practical.  

Commander ho'Vok
Newcomer

« Reply #5 on: 11 12, 2008, 04:48: AM »

I have seen a company online that has hand held Klingon Communicators out of resin as seen in ST3... I have not bought from them, so I can not say either way how their product is or their service. Is it cool to post the link....  until I find out, contact me off list and I will pass it one...

ha'Vok
« Last Edit: 11 26, 2008, 11:39: PM by Barin » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #6 on: 11 26, 2008, 04:15: PM »

I vaguely remember seeing a TOS era communicator, painted brown. I don't know if it was a fan made or a canon sort of thing. It may be one of the pics you already have for reference.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Commander ho'Vok
Newcomer

« Reply #7 on: 11 26, 2008, 11:37: PM »

Here is a link to the New Moon Props website, Klingon pages. Like I said, I have not ordered from them. A friend in a Stargate costuming group has used them and it is run by fans. The prop on the page looks awesome, and I do plan on using them for several items to finish/detail my armor, including a disruptor.

http://www.newmoonprops.com/StarTrekKlingon.htm

I hope it is able to assist someone else with theirs....

Commander ha'Vok
Imperial Klingon Battle Fleet
IKV Ram'jep
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: