Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:33: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Sources for complete costumes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sources for complete costumes?  (Read 20851 times)
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« on: 09 30, 2004, 02:08: PM »

Another has asked me where to obtain pre-made Klingon costumes, preferrably uniforms.  I do not know of such a source; everyone I know has made their own. My best suggestion, aside from checking on the Site To Which We Do Not Link, was to download the patterns and hand them over, along with large amounts of the local currency, to a seamstress or tailor. Does anyone know where complete costumes may be purchased? One person has suggested I try the store at "Star Trek: The Experience" at the Las Vegas Hilton, but I did not find what I sought there.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 10 11, 2007, 06:01: AM »

I return with news both good and bad.

Trish’s Stitches sells basic costume packages consisting of male and female battle grays for US$475.00/£234.20. An all-leather package is available for US$1,100/£542.353. Variants on the basic can be seen in the Warrior Gallery.

You can also buy the costume pieces a la carte and have custom work made to order; see these bounty hunters. (I wouldn’t know what to make of such a prize, either.)

Kelhan writes: “Hightower Crafts offer a complete uniform for £850 - thats the jacket, trousers, gauntlets and even the boots.  I have not seen his uniforms abut a friend has a pair of his made to measure boots and the quality is incredible.” Hightower Crafts’s full-leather uniform includes body armour, gauntlet, trousers, belt, and boots with split-toe, toe-spikes and over-the-knee cuff for £850/US$1,724.82. Boots can be purchased separately for £200/US$405.836. Hightower’s also does custom work.

qarSuv mentioned Shadow Dale Creations. They offer a wide range of Klingon costume pieces, priced individually. (Note the differentiation in designation between “Warrior” and “Female” costume elements.}}>:-E )  Also note that all of their pictures are from stock Paraborg photos, and that the pieces differ from one picture to the next. You may wish to ask for a detailed sketch if not an actual photo of the desired item(s) before committing yourself to an order. Buy them by the piece or buy them all for a complete set of battle grays. Shadow Dale’s also does custom work.

Prices and exchange rates are of this posting and do not include shipping and sales tax/VAT for any of the vendors.

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
JEFF
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 06 03, 2008, 01:21: PM »

I need to sell my full officers uniform check it out in the marketplace.  Great price for all you get with it.  email me at ajkirk1@verizon.net and I can send you some photos.

K'arak(Jeff Kirk)

[Edit -- updated email address]
« Last Edit: 10 25, 2009, 09:35: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 10 25, 2009, 09:49: AM »

I have just now come across a source for complete basic Neotrek battle gray uniforms and dresses. These may or may not fit a potential uniform shopper’s needs. If you are looking for something to keep in the back of your storage locker to bring out for the occasional party and can accommodate the one-size-fits-none (one reviewer writes that the dress fits up to a size 12) dimensions, and if you are new to Klindom and looking for a full costume *right now* to tide you over while you take the time to build or otherwise acquire your own, consider this option.

These costumes may or not be only seasonally available. (As we have visitors pass through from beyond the little backwater of the quadrant in which the Consolate is located, some explanation may be in order. Over the centuries, harvest festivals have declined to the point where parents dress their children to resemble the most frightening of veqlarghpu’*, hire the most intimidating bodyguards they can afford, and send the children out into the community to encourage their conquering instincts by demanding treats and small toys as tribute from neighbors.)

I was going somewhere about seasons....  Yes, if you are ambivalent about purchasing after the next tenday, contact the company via its front page at http://www.buycostumes.com/ to inquire about availability.

But before you do that, I urge you to check with Jeff first. His contact information is in the post above, and there are pictures of his uniform and accessories in his Marketplace thread.

*demons

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: