Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 02:42: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  nugneH?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: nugneH?  (Read 7716 times)
richard
Scribe

« on: 09 22, 2004, 02:25: PM »

Ello!

I've been studying klingon for about a week now so forgive my ignorance.

My background knowledge is mostly arabic, japanese, german, sumerian and quenya. Klingon seemed like the next logical step, so after watching a couple of seasons of TNG in a big marathon I dived in Cheesy

I've been interested in writing systems recently too, so you may be interested in my ideas (it seems everyone has some on the subject). I'm also interested in martial arts, though ive never done weapons training (im trying to track down a cheapish copy Secret Fighting Arts of the Warrior Race).

I'm also studying (with less enthusiasm) philosophy and english literature.

Cheers!
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #1 on: 09 27, 2004, 11:55: PM »

Ello!

I've been studying klingon for about a week now so forgive my ignorance.

I've been studying it on and off, and off and on, (but mostly off Cheesy Klingon Grin) for a dozen years, and I'm still a beginner, so I have no doubt you'll surpass my feeble knowledge in no time.  

My background knowledge is mostly arabic, japanese, german, sumerian and quenya. Klingon seemed like the next logical step, so after watching a couple of seasons of TNG in a big marathon I dived in  

I remember most of my Spanish from way back in highschool, recently I've gotten my feet wet in Assyrian, Japanese and Russian, and also looked into Esperanto and Lojban, the other major artifical languages.  Mostly I've decided I don't have the patience of desire to memorize much of the vocabulary, but if I can wrap my head around the grammar, phonology and other structures of a new language, I figure I can look up the words I need.

I head that Greedo's language is the original version of Star Wars was based on Quenya.  This was before it became 'Huttese' and started to be spoken more like a baby babble language than a real language...  Ah well, unlike Star Trek, Lucus never bothered to hire a linguist, all the language is done by the sound effects guys.

I've been interested in writing systems recently too, so you may be interested in my ideas (it seems everyone has some on the subject).

How convienent!  I see you have already found the thread where we are discussing the pIqaD and other Klingon writng systems.

I'm also interested in martial arts, though ive never done weapons training (im trying to track down a cheapish copy Secret Fighting Arts of the Warrior Race).

Who isn't.  I understand that is a really really sweet book.

(Edit -- This thread continues in  Logical languages.)
« Last Edit: 10 06, 2004, 07:40: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: