Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 22, 2018, 08:24: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11898 Posts in 1666 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Game Room
| | |-+  RPGs and Sims
| | | |-+  Klingon Paintball LARP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon Paintball LARP  (Read 9718 times)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« on: 04 16, 2004, 05:07: AM »

I am posting this for the GM who's info is at the bottom of the post. I am playing as are my line brother and sister. We usually are the Klingon team. The odds are about 10 of us against at least 80-100 Federation players. Fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!! The game is held at Splatter Paintball which is at the Jack Frost/Big Boulder ski area in Blakslee PA. About 3 Hours from NewYork City (I come from Connecticut for the weekend)

Hi All

Ok Spring is here, flowers are blooming, snow has melted and that means it's time for PAINTBALL!!  The Spring game will be picking up where the fall game left off.  Several of the ships sent us mission logs outlining what they accomplished and what they secured in the fall game.  We are setting up the spring game to be a continuation of the fall game, so we need to know who is coming, along with some decsition that need to be made from the respective Captains (we will send e mails).  HOWEVER the game is still set up so that ships that did not make the 2003 Fall game can still come in for this one.  Details are still pretty much the same and prices for paintball have not changed.  So here you go!

Hope to see you all out there on the field!

The game will again be set in the 22nd century (Enterprise, current show time line).  It will be a continution of the Fall 2003, but you did not need to attend that game to play in this one.

The date of the game is Saturday, May 15th.

The prices are as follows for Pre paid.

Full Package (Field pass, CO2, gun rental, Mask, Lunch and LARP) $30.00

Field pass (Field pass, CO2, Lunch and LARP) $25.00

This is if you send your money in by April 24th. Send checks to:

Peter Christopoulos
 2643 Eldridge Ave
 Easton PA 18045

Or use Pay Pal on line at  https://www.paypal.com

Paypal account
Name: Karen Quick
Email: distantmirror@rcn.com
Remember to tell us who you are and who you are paying for.

If you do not pre pay, the cost at the game at the field is as follows;

Full Pkg (Field pass, CO2, gun rental, Mask, Lunch and 1 hit badge) $40.00
Field pass (Field pass, CO2, Lunch and 1 hit badge) $35.00

Camo's are $5.00 additional, and Paint will be $90.00 a case.

Accommodation rates are

Alpine complex 1 bedroom $144.00 per night
Lehigh complex 2 bedroom $ 171.00 per night
Summit complex 2 bedroom and loft $229.00 per night
Summit complex 2 bedroom, loft and hottub $247.00 per night
Northwood complex 3 bedroom $279.00 per night

2 night minimum stay is required call 1 800 468 2442 for details. Remember to tell them you are with the Star Trek Group.

Friday night academy will start at 8:00 PM. Games reg starts at Saturday 8:30 AM at the lodge building.

Paintballs will be available at the accademy or in the shop the following morning at $90.00 per case.

Looking forward to another great game with you guys.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
vlodnak
Novice

« Reply #1 on: 04 16, 2004, 12:57: PM »

Is it FPO or can you BYOP?
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 04 16, 2004, 08:16: PM »

Sorry, Field Paint Only. Selling paint is the only way for them to make money off of most players. If you own your own gun/mask/BDU's then all you are paying is for the field pass.Because this game is so big, the GM is able to negotiate a group rate, so tey don't even make full price on that. The GM also negotiates the price for a case of paint down from thier usual $120.

The most players I have seen at one of these games is 220, the average is around 90-100 players. Also the condo prices are forvery nice condos located at the same ski resort. There is usually some form of party after the game in one of the condos. There are also a couple of hotels in the area, but I don't know all that much about them.  

qoSagh qlIStIy
qoSagh
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 11 05, 2004, 06:54: PM »

This Spring PDQ games will be celebrating it's 10th aniversary running the Paintball LARP/SIMS. I don't have the dates yet, but I do have some details on the upcomming scenario game. It will take place in teh 24th century, after the Khitomer Accords have been broken. The battle will feature the Borg as an enemy. There will be at least one Klingon team as well as Several Federation ships, and probably a romulan ship.

For those familiar with Paintball, the Borg work under slightly different rules. They start off the day taking two hits to drop. Each time they ket killed, they move back to an assimilation area and get repaired but come out taking one more hit because they have adapted to your weapons. I havge seen Borg go as high as 10 hits to drop. They also can take other players back to the assimilation area and they come out as 2 hit borg and now fight against thier teammates. There is a way to rescue players from the Borg, and bring them back to their own race, so it's not compleatly one sided.

I have played in games where the Borg have won, but more importantly I have played in games where the Borg have lost, and lost miserably at that. There will also likely be an on-line SIM for the weeks leading up to the paintball game, that will set the stage for what happens on the field. I will post more information as it becomes avalible.

qoSagh qlIStIy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: