Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
01 19, 2018, 01:45: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  Klingon Treaties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Klingon Treaties  (Read 6968 times)
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« on: 04 30, 2004, 12:22: PM »

I recently obtained the Starfleet Technical Manual for TOS that came out in the 70's (Used book stores really are the greatest thing since sliced bread!) and saw that it has a copy of the Organian Peace Treaty.  I was extatic that the treaty was included in the book because all I knew regarding that particular treaty was what has been said in the various series'.

Is there is a copy of the Khitomer Accords anywhere?  I really would like to see the Treaty that brought "An end to almost 70 years of unremitting hostility."

This might be a stretch but if anyone knows of any other treaties out there involving the Klingon Empire (The alliance with the Romulan Star Empire, ect..) I would be interested in getting a copy of those also.
« Last Edit: 04 30, 2004, 12:26: PM by voraq » Logged
qab
Scribe

« Reply #1 on: 04 30, 2004, 06:47: PM »

AFAIK no, there isn't a published source like the TOS Trek manual/Organian Peace Treaty. I'm sure someone, somewhere has made a fan one, but there hasn't been one published by Paramount.

Do'Ha' Sad
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 04 30, 2004, 07:14: PM »

I have, somewhere in a box, an old copy of that same 1970's Tech manual. I saved it long before ever becomming involved actively in fandom. From what I can tell that was one of the formerly cannon works, that is no longer accepted by Paramount in their ongoing mission to revise history.

It is a good book, and I have looked through the treaty, but I can not even guess on the authors source material. I doubt that Paramount would allow an official copy of the Khitomer Accords out simply because it would limit their ability to invoke that treaty's name in random scripts.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #3 on: 05 04, 2004, 06:20: PM »

I had the same thought. I did, however, hope that there was a copy out there anyway.  That is too bad.
tapez_sonof_chang
Courier

« Reply #4 on: 11 04, 2004, 07:42: AM »

this is a bit off topic - but to what end will the revision serve?
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #5 on: 11 05, 2004, 06:22: PM »

If we could figure out why Paraborg keeps revising history then we would all be geniuses. But seriously, they revise history so that they can add new plot devices. Basically some script writer does a story about how all Klingons have short hair and Paramount produces it, airs it, then claims that All Klingons ALWAYS had Short Hair and the reason Worf's looked so long was because of a view screen malfunction or just simply doesn't explain it at all and leaves it to the fans to theorize.  

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: