Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 09:41: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Arts and Media
| |-+  The Inspirational Media Room: Klingon-related Books, TV & Movies
| | |-+  tilk's fan film
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tilk's fan film  (Read 34488 times)
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #50 on: 01 31, 2007, 11:11: AM »

I seek permission from the council to place non klingon pics of my vessel ( the largest ever created) onto this site for my brother to view. I hope they wont dissapoint.

I wait to the verdict
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #51 on: 01 31, 2007, 06:44: PM »

Ah, tilk, it will be good to have another update on your undertaking. Feel free to post two of your best, or send them to me to post as attachments.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #52 on: 05 04, 2007, 08:59: PM »

Although I cannot hope to be part of the council, I too look forward to any update, klin or not, of your project, Tilk.

qa'pIn [SoplaHtaHwI'] qI'meQ vIghro''a'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Khemorex-Klinzhai member, IKEF member
Dishonored Captain of the former spacecraft qaDwI' Doq
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #53 on: 05 21, 2007, 06:47: PM »

I to would like to see how this is going... It is a project I surely hope to see realized one day, and to watch the progress slowly move in that direction is heartening...

maj! {Good}...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
tilk

« Reply #54 on: 05 30, 2007, 06:59: AM »

I put a masive reply in last night and it has been deleted.  Shocked Massive. It would have been nice to get a notice at least.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #55 on: 05 30, 2007, 03:01: PM »

A notice and explanation have been sent, and should be waiting in your email inbox. I very much regret that we couldn't host your pictures, tilk. They are fantastic!

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #56 on: 05 30, 2007, 05:16: PM »

I saw your pictures tilk before they were removed.  they were very good.

Can I suggest that you get yourself a photobucket account?  Its free and all you do is upload your pictures to there and put the links in your posts here so people can still see their pics.  ok, its not a perfect solution but better than nothing.

Kehlan

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
tilk

« Reply #57 on: 06 01, 2007, 07:43: AM »

Kesvirit. I thanks you for your Email. I fully accept the punishment for breaching the wishes of the forums. I shall indeed setup an off site photo center. I will await for permission the continue with my written diaries. If you still have the original post, I would love to edit it and remove the pics, and link them at a later date. I had written alot and cannot reproduce it.

Love You guys.... ? .. Umm KAPLAH!!
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #58 on: 06 02, 2007, 02:03: AM »

Punishment?  I hope you don't feel you are being punished or that you broke any rules or did anything wrong.   The problem is we don't have a lot of resources and can't justify applying what few resources we have for things that are unfortunately outside the focus of the Forums, which is Klingons.   

I was able to salvage the text of your message and sent it to you via PM.   I really wish we could host your images, as I think Serenity/Firelfy  is every bit as ground shattering as Star Trek was in the 1060's.   I can only hope that it 'defines' science Fiction the way the original Star Trek as for most of the 40 years since it came into existence.

But we do have a special place in fandom as if not the oldest or longest running Klingon forums, then certainly one of the longestest running sites decidated to understanding the Klingons on a deeper level.    So form time to time we have to remove some really excellent content that unfortunately is not related to Klingons, as much as we regret it.
tilk

« Reply #59 on: 06 05, 2007, 12:34: PM »

I never got the email. could yoou resend please.

I love you guys.

OH, if you feel like it. Bellflowerdiaries on Utube. you can see construction and other stuff. get to see me also.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #60 on: 06 05, 2007, 02:19: PM »

Email re-sent.

I can't get YouTube to load completely and am not sure why. But I will keep trying. I am most eager to see the results of your work.

-=- Kesvirit

tilk

« Reply #61 on: 07 26, 2007, 10:08: PM »

Well are are finally here. We started filming two weeks ago. i suspect filming will take 3 months for our first 1 hour episode. There are pics on our site for all to view.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #62 on: 08 11, 2007, 05:36: AM »

Will you post a URL or link to this site?

-=- Kesvirit

tilk

« Reply #63 on: 08 14, 2007, 10:16: PM »

ok

http://bellflower.sigil777.com.au

Utube  Bellflowerdiaries

Myspace  bellflower

We have some updated production pictures on site. we have been filming for 1 month now, probably 3 months to go. No blue screen backgrounds. real sets, real stuff.

the footage i have seen is just great. We will have trailers out soon. we have four, no five complete sets. they rnge from 112Mx 12M x 4M high to 5x5x3M.

The main ship set consists of 3 sets connected and is 16M x 5M x 2.8M high, has a fully operational engine room and engine, a fully functional kitchen with gas stove, and a highly detailed bridge.

hipe yoou guys can pop in and have a look.  Thumbs up!
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #64 on: 12 08, 2007, 10:46: AM »

ok

http://bellflower.sigil777.com.au

Utube  Bellflowerdiaries

hipe yoou guys can pop in and have a look.

I've tried the sigil777.com.au site, but that seems dead...
Youtube works fine, I have (possibly) watched all the vids. But where's Episode 4??!?!!  Cheesy

Those are from the Firefly fan film though... Still impressed, nonetheless.

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
y0da777
Courier

« Reply #65 on: 02 23, 2008, 02:11: AM »

Are you still undertaking this mission? I would like to see it if you are.
tilk

« Reply #66 on: 05 03, 2008, 01:23: PM »

HELLO to my favorite of all sites.

we are into our third year. we have two scenes left to shoot and we are into post production. We have made 3 full scale ship sets, + full scale cargo bay, bazzar ep 14, reception centre. 3 location shots, 30 hours of film, 3000 shots, some of the best cgi artists in the trade, amazing ship, about 10 characters.

we are nearly there. go to YOUTUBE and look under bellflower trailer, bellflwoer diaries. our next trailer will be out in a few months, with this fan film now being feature length.

Now I am thinking I should have done the klingon film I first started.

have a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.

I really do love this site.
SoplaHtaHwI'
Senior Strategist

yuchvaD vIqvaD je jIyIn

« Reply #67 on: 05 06, 2008, 05:44: PM »

Now I am thinking I should have done the klingon film I first started.
We do applaud your efforts as much as you like this site.
What keeps you from making the Klingon film that you had originally planned? Budget, time, inspiration? None of that is really an obstacle if there is persistence, now is it? 8-)

Thanks for the trailers etc. But the question still stands: where is part 4???

yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #68 on: 06 06, 2008, 12:50: AM »

tilk,

Well, I know it really has been some time since I've posted around these parts... But here we are...

I finally had a chance to check out the YouTube trailers and production segments for Bellflower. I will address each element separately.

RE: Production segments...

I have said before, and I'll say it again, your efforts are trully impressive. The scope of putting a full-scale Firefly Class vessel together as a shooting set shows your dedication to the project. I would love to see this much effort go into a Klingon production!

It was great to get a chance to follow along with some of the process and watch the sets develop through the various phases of construction.

May I inquire as to where your obviously dedicated production crew were recruited? Are these friends, co-workers, relatives? Who are they?

Also, it would have been nifty had we seen some of the costume and prop development covered in a segment or two. Is there any documentation of that process?

Not to mention the script development and so forth.

RE: Teaser Trailer...

I have to say in all candor, that with all of the hard work you folks have put into this film, it was a little dissapointing to see so much Firefly and Serenity, and so little of your work in the trailer. I am not sure that this should be taken as criticism, as I am confidant that you have your reasons. But, as a potential fan [of a fan film?...*Grin*...] I felt like I was missing the most critical part of the effort which was meant to hook me not on Joss's amazing work--let's face it I am already a Whedon fan--but on yours.

The sets looked good overall, and of course the CGI is really nicely done. It was hard to get an idea of the action of the actual film however, because the few crew scenes that we see are so modest in terms of seeing these people doing their thing that it felt a little slow in comparison with the scene captures from the canon show and film.

The editing and presentation on the other hand looked very good, and the concept of placing the Bellflower into the context of the series and film was an excellent notion and was well executed. The exception mentioned above having already been noted. So, overall I have to say, wow and well done. I can't wait to see the final production.

In fact, once it is completed, I would very much like to arrange with you to secure a copy of the film [if possible] which I would happily screen for you (for free to the viewers to avoid copyright infringement), at a future KSG in order to help promote your efforts.

I am also curious, has there been any interaction between you folks and the Whedon camp? Will there ever be issues of copyright should you wish to show the film publically?

RE: Klingon film...

Ahh... Yes, this is where this whole long discussion originated isn't it...*Chuckle*... You sound like you may have given up on the Klingon film? Say it is not so. While three years is a long time to work on a project, It seems like a common time frame to start (and complete) a new indy film from scratch. I have known several home-brewed film makers over the years, and this 3-5 year time frame seems fairly standard. Not to mention the valuable skills you must have honed while investing the time and energy into this venture.

So, as SoplaHtaHwI' has rightly questioned--and if this is not a misunderstanding of your words--What is the status of the Klingon film? I know that you had already put a lot of time and money into models, costumes, and props which could never be considered time wasted in my mind, but still... You have already put so much into this. And, truth be told, I am still looking forward to getting to see your hard work onscreen...

Regardless... Well done on following through on your existing Bellflower project and seeing it to this point! Your dedication to the process is clear, I look forward to seeing the results for myself...

maj! {Good}...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
tilk

« Reply #69 on: 08 16, 2008, 03:40: AM »

My honorable brother. thankyou for your detailed words and kind thoughts.

Long before firefly, was the empire.I breath its air and it pumps the blood that feeds my passion. 3 years it has been since I started this film, we are half way thorugh editing, HUGE sets, HUGE ships, best in class CGI, sound, music. Nothing will come close to it as a fan film production.

It will be feature length, a dozen different characters, amazing action and drama that starts from the moment the film does.

BUT!! It will pale to what I have planned for the return of the empire to the hearts of all.

" The EMPIRIAL WATCH"

The black fleet, the prison post, the bond of brothers OKTAH and KURG, of klingon family, THE TEMPLE OF THE DEAD (before the time of kahless, fabled to be but a myth, filled with klingon artifacts, Massive,grand,  underground), the evil ORNACK from the honor guard, bar fights, the batleth fight between OKTAH and ORNACK, BOP Vs Raider battle. Set in the beauty of the empire.

The fleet of the watch, the supreme comander Magus who hits first asks second. 

HARD, STRONG KLINGONS, purple blood, ceremony, tradition, ... HONOR!!!

OMG.

So fear not, My passion for this klingon film is as strong now as then.

It excites me that I am still remembered.

Please check out our new trailer on You tube, the first part of the bellflower should be released at creation convention in November. There are also pics now in our gallery
website is

www. thebellflower.com

Once I start the final draft of the watch, I will be calling on the empire to ensure it fits to klingon cannon.

I have written most of the script.
D'Ghor epetai-Darj
Courier

Line Lord of House Darj

« Reply #70 on: 08 16, 2008, 10:18: PM »

If you should need any help with some small props let me know and I will do what I can and send them to you...I would gladly donate some time to help you out for both films for I too am a huge Firefly fan and obviously a soldout fan to Klindom.

My email: co at ikvsw dot org

Sogh D'Ghor vestai-Darj
CO IKV SuvwI'po' (Skilled Warriors)
KAG Stormrider Fleet Quartermaster
Ship's Website
tilk

« Reply #71 on: 12 12, 2008, 03:03: AM »

I thin I got deleted Cry

Sorry again. Always seem to get into trouble.

AnyHoo! moving on, I am going to start to translate my klingon film into a comic or graphic novel. This will be alot quicker than trying to actually film it.
I have started some preliminary sketches, and will add to it in between editing my firefly film.
Might even try and get it published.

Please dont delete my post.
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #72 on: 02 03, 2013, 12:58: AM »

I saw your last post in The Reception Hall. Good to see you back!

“Maybe some animation frames of film”... what?

The film so far is most impressive. Which parts of it were your doing? I have only found http://bellflower.sigil777.com/ appears to be a thing of the past. I must learn whether the crew gets the engine restarted and the wings into Position 2. Don’t leave me burnt and screamin’!

quoth tilk in ]http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php?topic=776.msg12017#msg12017]: I so want to tell a Klingon story about Klingons. Not the girly Klingons that got beat up by humans in fights.
Do not belittle girl Klingons. They rarely lose fights they begin.

tilk

« Reply #73 on: 07 06, 2014, 10:25: AM »

HI ALL. been a while. So the film I did instead of the Imperial watch. The Belllflower. part one and prat two are on youtube under Bellflower Part one , Bellflower Part Two.

The klingon imperial watch is not dead nor am I. So it is still possible. the animation parts are more possible in the short term future.

ALL the best
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: