Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
11 25, 2017, 05:03: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11893 Posts in 1664 Topics by 687 Members
Latest Member: miceal
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Ceremonies, Rituals & Traditions
| | |-+  Warriors’ Rites & Traditions
| | | |-+  the Klingon rite of ascension
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Klingon rite of ascension  (Read 284 times)
Commander Kurn
Scribe

« on: 08 04, 2017, 02:18: PM »

I was wondering if any-one here has been a part of the Klingon rite of ascension for real, either as one of the warriors helping or the warrior going through the right it's self. I personally have not gone through it in either capacity but if asked to participate I would at least consider doing it depending on the setting and the person(s) asking me to be involved. I will however never have anything to do with the Rustai ritual ( too dangerous and not moral unlike the right of ascension in my opinion )
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 08 06, 2017, 03:28: PM »

I have been to one, but it was poorly organized and while a good effort was made it was not a success.

I think trying to do a ceremony that has been seen on screen will always run into one problem. We only ever get to see a small piece of a ceremony as a part of an episode plot. Think the wedding from DS9, done as is with no additional material will take about 3 minutes. The right of accession would be similarly short.

Then you get into sets. To build the pit needed would be expensive and with most clubs would need to be portable. There is a set piece I have always wanted to build, but never have for this reason.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Commander Kurn
Scribe

« Reply #2 on: 08 07, 2017, 10:38: AM »

I would agree with most of what you said qoSagh but I still want to do something like that. perhaps there are other things that can be added to what was on the screen in the show though as for the chamber for the right of ascension it's self I was thinking a permanent room added to the house for the purpose of making it a part of my family tradition for the future... am just thinking!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: