Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 06:35: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  qaStaH nuq
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: qaStaH nuq  (Read 320 times)
TelpeH
Novice

« on: 05 16, 2017, 07:54: AM »

tlhIngan jIH! (I am Klingon) I am Lt. JG tai Tel'peH of the house of ja'Duch. I am the commanding officer (Captain) of the Imperial Klingon Vessel Qa'Vak patrolling the South Houston sector in the Cold Revenge Quadrant in the Cold Terror Fleet of the Klingon Assault Group (KAG).

I have been a Trekkie nearly all my life. I grew up watching TNG with my grandfather, who had a casual interest in the show. I have been tlhIngan for jav ben (6 years). The warrior culture has always been appealing to me and Klingons I always felt were the best part of Star Trek

My fellow KAG members and I are promoting the tlhIngan nugh (society). We put on panels at conventions were we describe tlhIngan nugh to the tera'nganpu (terrans) who show up. We teach them how to stay safe when visiting the tlhIngan wo' (Empire). Most tera'nganpu seem to think we are all violent warriors, but we let them know there are other aspects of our nugh that aren't really shown much on screen. Not everything is cannon but we build upon the traditions of our no' (ancestors). We have several aspects that are not going to be accepted by tlhInganpu outside of our group, but we don't care. Things like, we started a Klingon taboo sort of a tlhIngan S&M speakeasy where tlhInganpu​ go and offer the password to be let in and where things the tlhIngan nugh would not approve of are done like cuddling.

There are two ships in the Houston, Texas area mine and the IKV Logh Veng and we are always looking for new tlhInganpu who are interested in living the tlhIngan yIn (life). If you are interested in joining us you can contact me here or via email.

QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj! (may your coordinates be free of Tribbles)

Tel'peH house of ja'Duch
« Last Edit: 05 18, 2017, 05:31: AM by TelpeH » Logged
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #1 on: 05 19, 2017, 05:44: PM »

We have several aspects that are not going to be accepted by tlhInganpu outside of our group, but we don't care. Things like, we started a Klingon taboo sort of a tlhIngan S&M speakeasy where tlhInganpu go and offer the password to be let in and where things the tlhIngan nugh* would not approve of are done like cuddling.

Such places may be widely reviled, but they serve a vital purpose. After endless hours of dealing with irritating lesser beings at the Consulate, I for one frequent an underground dive called “The Tiny Kitten” where the passphrase is “Unbroken noses are sexy.” Here I spend top darsek** to pound back shots of room-temperature distilled water while engaged in fierce games of Candy Land and Go Ghoti***.

Only then can I return to my job of belligerent bureaucracy and obnoxious obfuscation at the KIDC with a clear head and renewed sense of purpose.

*society
**a standard unit of currency used in the Empire
***fish

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: