Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 05:10: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Ceremonies, Rituals & Traditions
| | |-+  Warriors’ Rites & Traditions
| | | |-+  I have a question about funerals...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have a question about funerals...  (Read 859 times)
Commander Kurn
Scribe

« on: 12 01, 2016, 02:13: AM »

o.k. so I have been thinking about this resently and I've been wondering... if any-one here has ever considered, having other Klingons as an honor guard at their actual funeral. I remembered after my father died at his funeral being a retired soldier. they had an honor guard with the 21 guns salute and playing taps and giving my mother a folded flag. I was wondering if anybody on here has considering doing something similar, only in a Klingon way rather then military. am interested to hear every-one's thoughts and ideas on the subject. ~Qaplah! 
ImzadiWorf
Novice

« Reply #1 on: 12 30, 2016, 12:12: AM »

Well it really depends on how you feel.
Ask yourself these questions:
Is it appropriate?
How would others feel about this?
How would the military feel?
Would it make you happy?
For me, the last question is what's important.
Let me know what you decide!
But for the record, I think it would be pretty awesome.
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 01 04, 2017, 04:33: AM »

I have performed Klingon memorial services, although they have usually been long after the main funeral.

I have also heard of several funerals and/or wakes where the family had made it known that Klingons were welcome and encouraged in uniform.

At my wife's Grandfather's wake his bowling team all came in together in their bowling shirts, which while informal for a wake was a nice touch to show a group he was involved with coming together to say good bye.

One thing to remember is that as much as we enjoy Klingons in terms of role playing and costuming, they are a fictional race and we are just playing a big game. Many of our families would not understand any such desire to include them. Also depending on what other groups may be involved one would run the risk of whatever the Klingons do being viewed as an ill advised if unintentional parody.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #3 on: 04 07, 2017, 03:18: AM »

My brother died in '12 in a kayaking accident.  When the doctor came and told us, my dad asked me if I would help him with the Klingon death howl.

Now, my brother was a Trekkie and his favorite character was Worf, even though my bro wasn't a Klingon like we are.  I also knew that my dad needed to do something, so I agreed.  He asked the nurses to leave for a minute, then we began.

My dad on one side and me on the other, I looked into his eyes then quietly started growling.  My dad then started and we both looked up towards the sky and howled for several minutes.

When I agreed to do it, I wasn't sure I would be able to. But once I started, I realized that he would have loved to see us doing that.  It was also quite therapeutic, for lack of a better word.

His funeral was not a Klingon one, and I'm not sure what I would do for myself. But that was a good way to honor him, and let Sto'vo'kor know an honorable warrior was on the way.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: