Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 06:52: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Language
| | |-+  Requests for Translations
| | | |-+  Greetings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1112 times)
Detective2814
One Post Wonder

« on: 04 17, 2016, 09:17: PM »

Hello all.  My name is Martin.  I am honored to allowed to become a member of this forum.  I have been a member of Science Fiction fandom for the past 40 years. 
 My main reason for posting today is to ask for advise and help.  I have recently been ordained as a Certified Wedding Officiant in New York State, as well as the five Boroughs.  I am attempting to write a wedding ceremony in Klingon with an Human English translation so I may offer my services to the Empire at conventions should it arise.  I was hoping that someone would be able to assist me in this endeavor.
Please contact me here or by my email Silverpaladin67@aol.com
Thank you for your assistance.

Martin
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 04 22, 2016, 08:39: PM »

Many years ago, I wrote a Klingon wedding. This was before Worf & Dax had the idea, so it bears no resemblance to the one seen on DS9. I designed it to be used in a strictly role play setting.

However a few years ago I was elected a Justice of the Peace, so I could in theory do a legal Klingon wedding, although I do not advertise that fact.

My ceremony is almost entirely in English, with a few Klingon poems (for want of a better term) interspersed to add flavor. I did this because I knew most of the audience would not be speakers of tlhIngan Hol, and of those that might recognize a phrase or two they would probably not be able to follow along with an entire ceremony. This would in most cases also include the bride and groom.

I think you could add a Klingon feel to the ceremony better with the room set up, music and costume and then do the ceremony in English. 

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: