Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 05:14: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Other Klingon-related Topics
| |-+  The Klingon Marketplace
| | |-+  An ebay seller, I cannot recommend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An ebay seller, I cannot recommend  (Read 1791 times)
KTesh
Newcomer

« on: 03 20, 2015, 08:57: AM »

I am K'Tesh!

Son of K'raig!

I was the host of K'Tesh's Klingon Recipe Pages, until the Romulans destroyed the Geocities homeworld.

Following the death of Leonard Nimoy, I felt it was time I finally pick up the STIII Klingon Disruptor, and ebay is where I went.

I was careful to make sure that I was purchasing the correct version, and I had a witness with me when I opened the package, only to discover the seller sent me a "bird beak" disruptor.

In my communications with the seller, I found his attitudes for a Klingon perfectly acceptable, that is, rude and accusatory...  As a customer on ebay his attitudes are far from it.

I want to make sure that my brothers and sisters in the Empire do not have the kind of experience I did.  I cannot recommend menagerie73  (Satellite Comics and Sci Fi (Las Vegas)) (aka Cliff) to you.  His communications with me lead me to believe he may sell at Conventions.  Avoid him.

After he received the notice that the wrong item was sent... I got this...

Please send a picture of the item that you received. The only Klingon Disruptor that Diamond makes is the one we sent you, which is the one described.

I sent his image back pointing out the details that showed it was the STIII disruptor, then a clear photo of the Diamond Select Toys STIII disruptor I found online, and one of what I actually received (Diamond Select Toys "bird beak" disruptor)(again pointing out the details that clearly show how the two are different).

I then got this...

I received your box today with the Klingon Disruptor that you claim I sent you. I did NOT send this item to you, either by mistake or on purpose. The klingon disruptor that I listed and took a picture of clearly had a yellow graphic on the front of the box that said Action Figure Express Exclusive. I still have the original photo on my computer. I always inspect the items that I mail out to buyers to make sure nothing is wrong with the item and to make sure it's the correct item. I would of noticed if the big yellow graphic had disappeared. When you made your claim of fraud you provided two pictures 1 of the item you claim I sent you and 1 photo of the item you claim  I did not send you. The two pictures look very similar and were clearly taken with the same light source and with the camera at the same spot. How were you able to take a picture of the item you claim I did not send you?
I will contact ebay tomorrow about your refund and the charges of fraud falsely made against me.

I kept my cool and replied with this (not very Klingon response):

Dear mengerie73

Please don't put words in my mouth...I didn't claim fraud.  I said I received the wrong product.  I understand it is easy to mistake one disruptor with the other, from the front the boxes are nearly identical.  The only visible difference from the front (box wise) is the yellow graphic you mentioned.

Upon receipt of the package, I opened it, took one look at it and realized that I received the wrong product. I photographed it, and then contacted you about the error.  If you have the right product, I would really appreciate that more than a refund.  I didn't remove the disruptor from the box it was mailed in, until I decided to examine the backside of it and I certainly didn't open the actual products box.  I presume that the STIII Disruptor has a different graphic on the back, I don't know, as I've never seen one, nor was I able to find one online.

I located an image STIII Disruptor online.  My photo of the received disruptor was taken with a flash, because I was indoors when I took it, and not outside in bright light.  I included both to demonstrate that your initial statement was in error.  Diamond Select Toys DOES produce two different types of disruptor.

Again, if you have the correct disruptor, I'd be happy to take that over any refund.

And now his most recent post to me...

Concerning your purchase of the Star Trek Klingon Disruptor Lights and Sound Diamond Select Toys Item #161593756014. I have issued you a refund for the Disruptor. I do have more of the Klingon Disruptors that I listed and pictured in the listing you bought from. I will NOT be posting them on Ebay, I sell at many Star Trek conventions and will just sell them there. They are pretty neat looking and will do good there. I have other Star Trek role play items that I will list on ebay soon instead, Federation and Klingon related items. Since I refunded you your money I will NOT be sending you another Klingon Disruptor. Unfortunately, The Klingon Disruptor that you sent back to me will be destroyed and thrown away. A shame really, they really are pretty neat. It's just not good for a seller's reputation to sell rejected, returned, twice shipped merchandise. Only multi million dollar corporations like Wal-Mart and Best Buy can do that. Since this is the last time you will ever buy anything from me, if you ever need anything Star Trek related ........... please don't hesitate to buy it from somebody else.
Sincerely,
Cliff

As I said, this is someone to avoid.
« Last Edit: 03 20, 2015, 04:29: PM by KTesh » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 03 20, 2015, 03:07: PM »

Wow, bizarre story, and interaction. I have mostly had positive eBay experiences but then again I have never dealt with this seller as far as I know. I can't say it surprises me as I have dealt with lots of vendors at conventions that have no idea what they are selling and often make errors like this.

As an aside, I like your pages and fondly remember K'Tesh's guides. Stick around the forums and have fun.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
KTesh
Newcomer

« Reply #2 on: 03 20, 2015, 03:56: PM »

Wow, bizarre story, and interaction. I have mostly had positive eBay experiences but then again I have never dealt with this seller as far as I know. I can't say it surprises me as I have dealt with lots of vendors at conventions that have no idea what they are selling and often make errors like this.

As an aside, I like your pages and fondly remember K'Tesh's guides. Stick around the forums and have fun.

I've had items sent to me that were damaged, and usually the seller just refunds me, on one prior occasion, the seller asked for the item back, then refunded me.  I've never left negative feedback except when someone didn't send me my order (I was refunded by ebay).  This guy was beyond uncool.  I suspect that he may have been trying to do a bait and switch, when he realized that his product was nearly $20 less than the rest of the offers on eBay.  I should have realized that going with the lowest bidder would be a problem.

[Edited to add:] Turns out this guy has a storefront down in Las Vegas.  I verified the email and name of the business.  Knowing that, I will never darken his doorstep.

I'm always glad to find someone who remembers my site (and enjoyed it).  I'll try to stick around as much as I can...  I wrote my recipe pages back in the 90's while I was attending OIT (and after dropping out of school), now I'm finishing up my degree, and if all goes well, I'll be relearning how to speak and write in 中國的語言。在台灣,我不知道多少時間,我將不得不投入到我的網站

[Edit: combined double post. -=- Kesvirit]

« Last Edit: 03 20, 2015, 06:38: PM by Kesvirit » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: