Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:36: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum News & Announcements
| | |-+  Still new...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still new...  (Read 1933 times)
krall
Newcomer

« on: 02 14, 2015, 01:15: AM »

I know I am quite new at this, but I request the Honor AND approval of those associated with the High Council - to be made an official ambassador of goodwill. Curious about my intentions? If you are on the Terran social media machine Facebook, check out my page - Klingons United in Peace and let me know what you think.
Qapla'!
(Klingon since '67)
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 02 14, 2015, 09:19: PM »

Any high councilor that would even entertain such a notion would loose standing in the council. The kind of good will you seek is entirely a human concept. I can not even begin to comment on the idea of Klingons wanting to prolong that period of inaction between wars.

From a fandom standpoint, I know few who harbor bad will towards other fans, but as we seek to portray Klingons we must remember to do exactly that. There are far too many Ambassadors at large out there in fandom when what Klindom needs is warriors or at least those willing to role play as such. Think about the few Ambassadors we have seen on screen, none of them were bastions of good will. One does not extend good will by calling your opponent's most famous admiral the "Quintessential Villain" on the floor of his own legislature.

If I come off as harsh, then it is because I am somewhat protective of this game we collectively play. Would it be OK for me to go onto a a Monopoly forum and request Mr. Moneybags approval to dispense with the use of money in the game? No because money and the transactions involving it are central to that game. Should we seek to overthrow the monarchy in Chess, with cry's of "No More Kings"?

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 02 15, 2016, 06:09: PM »

If you can find any members of the High Council here, you are welcome to approach them with your request.   I think several Klingon Politicians have learned the value of creating such a facade, even if privately they know the Klingon heart can only weaken when there is no enemy to fight.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: