Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:57: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Language
| | |-+  Requests for Translations
| | | |-+  Wedding invitation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wedding invitation  (Read 1739 times)
KittySpringfield
« on: 01 06, 2015, 10:55: PM »

Hello,

My fiancé and I both grow up with Star Trek and Star Wars.
Our first idea was engraving something in Klingon in our wedding rings but we didn´t found a jeweler in Berlin who could do the letters so we keep it simple with the Star Wars quote "I love you." and "I know."
But beside our Star Trek themed wedding cake we want at least some Klingon at our invitation. It would be great if someone here could help us out.

As much as i know there is not really a word for love in Klingon, I found till now Par'Mach, but also qamuSHa', but I am sure everybody here knows more than I do  Smiley

We are looking for translations for this or something which is close to it:

- Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the new found family ....... It's a never ending mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

- I love you.

- I know.

- Thank you for be with us at this important day !

I hope it makes all sense, because English is not my first language.

[Edited for clarity. -=- Kesvirit]
« Last Edit: 01 07, 2015, 12:28: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
De'vID
Senior Courier

« Reply #1 on: 01 07, 2015, 01:29: PM »

Is your first language German, then (and are you in Germany)? In that case, I would strongly suggest you get in touch with Lieven Litaer, the "Klingon Teacher from Germany". He's one of the most skilled Klingon speakers in the world and he's in your area, and I know he would be happy to help you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: