Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 06:49: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Prelude to Axanar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prelude to Axanar  (Read 1932 times)
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« on: 08 07, 2014, 08:54: AM »

So who has seen Prelude to Axanar?

Have to say I was very impressed, its extremely well done and if this is the future of Trek then I'm looking forward to it.

Favourite moment:  JG Hertzler saying "At that time abaout the only thing we were doing to impress the Klingons was dying well."

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #1 on: 08 13, 2014, 05:54: AM »

wow, whats wrong with everyone?  Where are you all?  A new Trek production dealing with a war between the Feddies and the Klingons and no-one is interested enough to even leave a comment?

Dunno whats happening to Klingon fandom these days, seems to be dead.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #2 on: 08 14, 2014, 07:51: PM »

I have seen bits of it but did not know the whole thing was out. I will be watching it shortly. I have always been a fan of the Battle of Axanar since reading about it in the old FASA manuals.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 2014, 08:18: PM »

OK, Just saw it, here are my thoughts. Some of you may get this twice as I sent the same thoughts out on an e-mail list.

Great production values!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a really cool movie, and it brought us back to when (those of us old enough to remember) FASA was king.

I loved that strategy, the "Strategy of Least Respect" if fans still roll played and cons were about more than the costumes, that would be an excellent stance to take with a Klingon character. Very close to what I learned from those that brought me up in Klindom. I also loved the assesment of the empire as a "monument to the Art of War" nice to hear such praise from one's enemy, even if they think they are insulting you.

For the most part I liked the uniforms, Admiral Ramirez's white one seemed like a cross between Enterprise and the TOS Class A uniforms. I loved that they used the small triangular awards and decorations.

The original pilot era uniforms I found were OK, but I did not like the fact that they all had enterprise logos on them. I know that in the TOS era each ship had their own logo, by having other ships wear Enterprise logos in a pre-TOS setting it now makes that whole idea seem like a failed experiment. But I had always heard that the reason that from TMP on everyone wore that logo was as a tribute to the Enterprise and her missions. So this kind of diminishes that a bit, if not steamrolls right over it.

I would have to go back and look through my "historical documents" but were there female captains during this era? I seem to remember a TNG episode with the first female captain being alive and well and meeting with Picard. I hope this is not a of retcon / PC thing having the Ajax commanded by a woman.

One last thing. I had thought they were D7's but apparently they were D6's that we saw. One scene had them clearly flying through the atmosphere. Were these ships capable of that? Before JJ the Enterprise wasn't capable of that sort of tom foolery. Just wondering.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #4 on: 09 01, 2014, 02:10: PM »

I really enjoyed Prelude as well. I agree with what you said about the uniforms.  I love the documentary style they used, it reminded me of any number of world wars 1 and 2 documentaries.

Were the ships  incapable? Or was it just too expensive to show that kind of manuver? Or, maybe that was one of the things that made Axanar stand out as a 'landmark' battle, ships not designed for atmosphere use being pushed way beyond design specs.
Tanang
Novice

« Reply #5 on: 12 01, 2014, 08:53: PM »

Enjoyed it very much. Has a way of drawing you in just like in most documentaries. Acting and CGI was very good. Can't wait to see the battle of Axanar! I watch this every so often over and over. The same goes for the klingon propaganda video.

I'm just shocked with everyone involed with tlhIngan culture and fandom, that a completely Klingon fan film has not been made. Farragut, Exeter and so on for fan films, but what about the crew of tlhInganpu' on a tlhIngan ship on tlhIngan missions! Believe the resources are there, just a matter of logistics and money! Would like to see!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: