Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 12:58: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Guilds
| |-+  Klingon Imperial Costumers Guild
| | |-+  Make-up & Headpieces
| | | |-+  horns on Deep Space Nine headpiece?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: horns on Deep Space Nine headpiece?  (Read 2534 times)
ihavegills
One Post Wonder

« on: 07 28, 2014, 04:37: AM »

I saw some headpieces from Deep space nine that looked very different and VERY COOL They had horns. I have to ask, as a woman, maybe I should go in drag to have a warriors costume, or can I create a hybrid? Can women have more exaggerated head pieces? Where is the line between accuracy and creativity?
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 07 28, 2014, 10:43: AM »

I have never seen horns on a Klingon headpiece, although I would think that an uncolored Jem Hadar might appear that way.

I do not think that a woman would need to be "in drag" to be a warrior, while it is somewhat rare on screen, we have certainly seen female warriors. Fandom is full of them to the point that they are the rule and not the exception we see on screen.

As for being more elaborate, the headpiece is meant to be part of the body, not a fashion statement. The ridges are bone (or at the very least cartilage) covered in skin. Anything protruding like a horn would be something coming  through the skin. This would probably be a physical condition and not a fashion statement. Although it would be possible, we have seen very little body modification among Klingons so I am not sure what would be considered allowable.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« Reply #2 on: 07 29, 2014, 07:15: PM »

I don't know about horns either, but I think that might be kind of cool.  Almost like a "throwback" to a residual crustation like shell (like the tng ep where the crew de evolved).  The forehead piece can be as exagerated as you want.  The duraS sisters had relatively prominent ridges. B'elana and K'eylar had shallow ridges because they were half human.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: