Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:16: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The boards are having problems with email. We are advising members to set your secret questions and answers in case the board can't send email to let you reset lost passwords.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Religion & Beliefs
| | |-+  Cult of kahless
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cult of kahless  (Read 2504 times)
voraq
Klingon Conversationalist

son of Dutrogath

« on: 06 26, 2014, 03:09: PM »

I've read a couple books, in the last year or so, that talk about the "increased following of the cult of kahless".  Both stories took place some time between tos and tng and and use this to explain the increase in, or sudden appearance of, the belief in honor and its connection to sto'vo kor.  I understand that in tos, the only outward appearance of anything resembling the 'tng concept' of honor was in Day of the dove.  When I rewatch the tos klingon eps from a klingon point of view, it seems apparent to me that, for the most part, they are following the code of honor.  I have the belief that the reason its not 'slap you in the face' apparent is because the klingons and the federation are enemies, so an ep going in depth into the klingon mind set and point of view would not be that appropriate.

What does everyone else think?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: