Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 12, 2017, 08:10: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  General Discussions
| |-+  The Reception Hall
| | |-+  Hello I am new here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello I am new here  (Read 1468 times)
oddoneout
One Post Wonder

« on: 03 08, 2014, 02:53: PM »

Hello I am a new member so please be kind. I will continue with the suggestions by Klythe on what to write in this thread.

-I have always been a fan of Star Trek, growing up with NG I progressed onto the others with just as much love. I hadn't met anybody that liked Star Trek as much as I did until I went to my first comiccon last year and realised just what a big fan base it has in this country and world wide. Must just be the town I live in.
-I like Klingons because they make no excuses and do not shy away from their own nature such as the Vulcans and their desire to, in a way, transcend above baser instincts.
-I live in South Wales and am really interested in experiencing more conventions and fan events, it's nice to meet new people with the same enthusiasm for Klingons and star trek as a whole. Especially since everyone I met at a convention so far has been really nice (when not in character!)
-I am currently a tree surgeon and enjoy boxing, playing console games and watching my star trek dvds.
-I have decided that I want to learn to speak klingon because I was messing about with my friend  and screamed "p***Q" (can you swear in klingon here?) at him and thought "this really is a hardy language and it feels awesome to shout at someone in klingon" Also I may not be much good at boxing, but maybe one day I'll be the best Klingon speaking boxer in my home town =P  I think I can pick it up quickly because I am a fluent Welsh speaker and I hear similarities in the more gutteral and throaty noises with klingon.

If you bothered to read all that then thanks you and Hi  Smiley
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #1 on: 03 10, 2014, 05:36: PM »

Greetings from another Brit...  Good to see you here.  Theres quite alot of trek fans in South Wales actually, are you aware of South Wales Starfleet?  They are good friends of mine and would love to hear from you.

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #2 on: 09 16, 2014, 02:40: PM »

"Borre da"... Or is that Northern Welsh?

Khest yes, you can swear your 'o' off in (either/any) Klingon language, we even have a never ending Curse Warfare thread.  Creative curses, Interesting interjections and Evocative epithets are particularly prized.   Swearing in unartistic English has no value and will not be left to stand on these forums.

Keep in mind, since we are dealing with Klingons, swearing at someone or insulting them is very dangerous grounds.  Particularly as these forums are provided by the Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps, engagements must be held under diplomatic rules unless you have prepared yourself to accept the consequences of assaulting the Ambassador's ascetics.

(Never mind the alterations, it's something I do when I'm in a playful mood...   Just before pouncing into a battle  }}:P )
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: