Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 2018, 04:48: AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Thu 26Jul2012:
     Due to security issues file attchments are disabled for the time being.  We are invenvestigating the impact to the board and working to ensure our forums are clean and trustworthy.   In the mean time you can email your attachments to Kesvirit and/or Klythe along with which message you want them attached to and we will add them.

11897 Posts in 1665 Topics by 692 Members
Latest Member: smithassignment1
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Klingon Language & Culture
| |-+  Klingon Social Studies
| | |-+  jIyIntaHvIS not qajegh (Rick Roll Parody)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: jIyIntaHvIS not qajegh (Rick Roll Parody)  (Read 2369 times)
vaQDoq
Courier

« on: 11 13, 2013, 06:28: AM »

This doesn't seem like very Klingon behavior.  But from what i can tell, a pretty good translation, if pronounced a bit... Terran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YC3RpvE3M

-vaQDoq

[Edit -- Edited thread title]
« Last Edit: 11 18, 2013, 02:11: AM by Kesvirit » Logged
qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #1 on: 11 13, 2013, 10:41: AM »

Why would anyone waste time translating that?

It's not that I don;t like comedy, I do. I just fail to see why Klingons have to be funny when we have never even seen a single example of a funny Klingon (and I am counting Worf in this). However I have been to numerous events at conventions where the Klingons are made into buffoonish caricatures of what we see on screen. Videos like this do not help.   

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Kehlan
Senior Strategist

« Reply #2 on: 11 15, 2013, 08:43: AM »

You dont see why Klingons have to be funny?  Well they dont HAVE to be, but why do they have to be stuffy and boring... um, I mean serious all the time?  surely even klingons are allowed to have a sense of humor.  I could totally see a group of Klingon students having partaken of a few barrels of bloodwine,  thinking it funny to dress up as humans and take the proverbial out of our music and styles....  something like this video would be the result...

Captain Kehlan
USS Endeavour NCC-71805
Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #3 on: 12 16, 2013, 02:28: AM »

Clearly this is not meant as canon, it is even labeled as parody.  It's really a matter of whether we can laugh at ourselves.  I personally think that Gowron and Kor were hilarious in their own terms.  If you want to talk about a canonical Klingon "Sense of Humour", I think you will be approaching from the wrong attitude.  If you look for Klingons amused and appreciative of a bit of Irony that stabs in a delicious manner, I think you will have better success in appreciating Klingon culture.

But this is clearly a Terran parody.  By Terrans in rubber foreheads for terrans who live vicariously though those Terrans in rubber foreheads.  No real Klingons were harmed in the production of the video.  Personally, I much perfer the performance of Jen Useliss in HIchop.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: