Klingon Imperial Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
12 11, 2017, 09:02: PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Realtime chats are now following a freeform schedule.  If you would like to chat with you fellows please see the It's Talk Time thread for more info or to schedule a chat.
11894 Posts in 1664 Topics by 689 Members
Latest Member: regdun234
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Klingon Imperial Forums
|-+  Forum Etiquette, News & Announcements
| |-+  Forum Feedback
| | |-+  Avatars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 30162 times)
Abbot Nej vIt
Highly Opinionated Klingon
Thought Master

"I Will Take the Conquerer Ceasers Salad... Now!"

« Reply #25 on: 05 22, 2005, 08:52: PM »

Well Thanks For Looking into this... If Nothing Else I am Curious to See what Folks May have Come Up With...

Archbishop Nej vIt SutaI-H'Nter,
Spiritual Advisor to K.L.A.W. 4th Fleet,
Abbot, Dugh toy'wI' Library
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

That which does not kill me, must have missed me.

« Reply #26 on: 05 27, 2005, 12:43: AM »

I received a reply from Lady K'Zin. She is away dealing with House matters and plans to address the issue when she returns at the beginning of June. I wish I had more details to give.

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #27 on: 05 29, 2005, 03:19: PM »

That Qualifies Nicely as an Update all by itself... Thank You... I Shall Await Any News on this Matter...

qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #28 on: 06 01, 2005, 12:01: PM »

Yes, the update was good, I had actually thought the project abandoned. I too await any future news.
« Last Edit: 06 01, 2005, 12:01: PM by qoSagh » Logged

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
tmk1000
Old Guard
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #29 on: 09 01, 2005, 03:27: AM »

I am wondering, is it is already over?I have been looking around and there are a lot of avatar floating around..
I it is not too much trouble i would like one.I there is no problem I will start making right away

{ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob.}

"May your coordinates be free of tribbles."
   {QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.}
Klythe
ngem Sargh lIghwI' pagh cha'
Administrator
Thought Master

When a show of teeth doesn't work, bite deeply.

« Reply #30 on: 09 16, 2005, 04:14: AM »

Lady K'zin informs me she is working on the avatar policy now that the software is in place and we know what it can and can't do.   But she is also inundated with professional battles.  As much as we may perfer the virtual ones, real life unfortunately must take precedence.
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #31 on: 09 16, 2005, 11:16: PM »

Well we seem to be able to Upload our own now, so I am Fairly Satisfied, though as Stated it Would be Kewl to See what Others Come up with...

Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #32 on: 09 17, 2005, 04:26: AM »

I can send to anyone who is interested the avatars I made for the Design Challenge to use until a definitive policy is formulated...
(Caveat: I will be away from home without net access Sun through Thurs, so depending on the timing of any requests you may not get them until next weekend.)

-=- Kesvirit

Richard the Sound Guy: "And the next person to lecture me about canon risks getting shot out of one! Right, gaffers?"
Gaffers make appreciative and supportive remarks in the form of bad imitations of primate calls from the direction of the lighting grids.
dghor1966
Courier

« Reply #33 on: 07 12, 2006, 01:33: AM »

Well no wonder I couldent put a avatar up lol ok my question has been answered Many thanks.

Qa'pla
 D'ghor

Pass the Bloodwine
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #34 on: 07 12, 2006, 05:00: AM »

I can send to anyone who is interested the avatars I made for the Design Challenge to use until a definitive policy is formulated...
(Caveat: I will be away from home without net access Sun through Thurs, so depending on the timing of any requests you may not get them until next weekend.)

-=- Kesvirit

Has such a policy actually been developed yet? (I am guessing that currently it is based on Forum Ranking)... Maybe grant Predesigned Avatars at certain Rankings? Then allow personal Avatars at the higher Rankings?

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #35 on: 07 12, 2006, 04:30: PM »

Unfortunately, the ambassador has had many set backs and has not yet given us a policy. 
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #36 on: 07 13, 2006, 01:20: AM »

Understood... And that was pretty much what I thought... I was just checking though, since renewed interest in the matter was expressed by Dghor...

maj! {Good}...

qoSagh
Warrior Bard of the Ontological
Thought Master

« Reply #37 on: 07 14, 2006, 10:32: AM »

I like that idea of certain avatars, by rank, but I would further add to that a choice of 3 or 4 per rank, so that one could individualize things a bit. Allowing the custom ones at the higher ranks is kind of cool, like a sign of the ranking one has achieved.

qoSagh qlIStIy
meycha of the qaptaQ www.qaptaQ.org
Prothonotary of the Desert Rite
"I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile."
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #38 on: 07 14, 2006, 10:46: PM »

I like that idea of certain avatars, by rank, but I would further add to that a choice of 3 or 4 per rank, so that one could individualize things a bit. Allowing the custom ones at the higher ranks is kind of cool, like a sign of the ranking one has achieved.

Wow... I had simply been thinking that there would be an Avatar "Pool" from which members might choose Once they achieved a particular Forum ranking, with custom Avatars granted at higher levels... But how Kewl would it be to have an expanded variety to choose from as they advanced? Good Idea qoSagh!

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #39 on: 07 15, 2006, 03:24: AM »

Maybe once I learn PHP and have a a few dozen hours, I might just ba ble to implement something like that.  Cheesy Klingon Grin   As it is we are having problems getting a policy for when you get to earn the right to use avatars at all.  Since the primary concern is bandwidth, I think that granting the ability to use KIF hosted avatars would let you use any KIF avatar, since they'd all use about the same bandwidth...
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #40 on: 07 15, 2006, 09:49: AM »

Now I admit that I know even less about PHP, (Or any coding), but if People were limited to off-site URL links (Like Photo Bucket etc), would this not pretty much eliminate Bandwidth issues?

Of course that would mean that everyone gets to use Custom Avatars, completly negating the whole discussion as far as "Tiered" access goes... I Know I for One would almost always prefer to use a Custom Avatar When possible...

Kapact
Courier

« Reply #41 on: 07 28, 2006, 06:59: AM »

Now I admit that I know even less about PHP, (Or any coding), but if People were limited to off-site URL links (Like Photo Bucket etc), would this not pretty much eliminate Bandwidth issues?

Of course that would mean that everyone gets to use Custom Avatars, completly negating the whole discussion as far as "Tiered" access goes... I Know I for One would almost always prefer to use a Custom Avatar When possible...

That'd work for me, since that's what I use. But I'm not going to worry about it either.

KBF-Kapact
             "...the reason they are afraid of the dark..."
                   Founder, Klingon Order of Scribes
Abbot Nej vIt
Thought Master

« Reply #42 on: 07 30, 2006, 05:08: PM »

That'd work for me, since that's what I use. But I'm not going to worry about it either.

Kapact,

:::OFF TOPIC ALERT::::

I think that we had briefly discussed this in a previous post, but do you have more info on your Order of Scribes? I am always curious about other Religious, Historical and otherwise Clerical aspects of Klindom {Klingon Fandom}...

:::BACK ON TOPIC:::

I guess my commentary is actually a bit "Moot" at the moment since I do have Avatar Access...

Klythe
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #43 on: 07 31, 2006, 05:48: AM »

Abbot, I need you to either start a new thread or in this case since you are addressing an individual directly, consider sending a PM.  Announcement threads in particular must stay on topic because the subject matter pertains to all board users.  We really can let these threads get cluttered. 
tilk
Klingon Conversationalist

« Reply #44 on: 01 31, 2007, 11:09: AM »

hey we can set our own now?? I spose obviously
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #45 on: 01 31, 2007, 06:24: PM »

I have been waiting a long, long time for a final ruling on avatars by the Lady K'Zin to no avail. We have since changed Forum operating systems, so if you can upload an avatar go ahead. All I ask is that you keep it Klingon-related, to a 100x100 pixel size, and within the realm of good taste. If Lady K'Zin wishes to set an avatar policy in the future, she may.

-=- Kesvirit

ghel'rIq
Novice

To be? Or not to be?

« Reply #46 on: 09 17, 2009, 01:08: AM »

I am not able to select an avatar! Why is this?

May Glory and Honor follow you on your journey!
Kesvirit
Her Nibbs
Administrator
Thought Master

« Reply #47 on: 09 18, 2009, 06:52: AM »

Your answer lies in the New Posting Permissions thread. In essence, permissions such as the use of avatars are earned by post count:
The short answer (note the time and date, because it’s one of the few you will ever see from me }}: P) is 100. Those who pad their post counts are subject to a tongue bath from Fluffy. Given the rasps on its tongue and the solvents in its saliva, I recommend against doing so.

A graduated increase in posting permissions is one of the few incentives and rewards we have to offer our posters. Other major kellicam markers include: Novices (5 posts and up) may use sigs, Couriers at 25 posts can post attachments, and Thought Masters at 600 posts may add their own custom titles.

-=- Kesvirit

<------ Fluffy

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: